In-car camera mobile App launched

how is the battery usage for this app?

I tried AutoGuard and the battery drain is really horrible.

the app is darn good. but the battery usage is horrible. or mabbe my phone is old?

Did you set your AutoGuard to turn off the screen during the recording? I was using AutoGuard and found that if I set it to run in bakcground with screen off, battery drain is not so fast.

i actually find it quite good. it is a good app to have if you want to recycle some of the old phones you have lying around collecting dust. [laugh]

give a second life to those old hardware which i am really reluctant to give up. [:p] much to the irritation of the wifey [:p]

Did that with my LG Opt 2

That's the short coming of using your phone. Because it's using the GPS and camera function at the same time and it will drain the battery regardless what phone or what app. One other way is to attach a charging cable to your phone whenever you use the app to maintain the charge/power.

If want to use a smartphone as car cam, gotta use a "written-off" smartphone. Those that you won't be using apps on it anymore or as your primary phone.

Whatsmore, I find that without SIM card in phone and with wifi and the GSM off, battery life is fantastic. My LG Opt 2 which I use as my car cam can last 3 hours without charging.

• Praise 1

Did you set your AutoGuard to turn off the screen during the recording? I was using AutoGuard and found that if I set it to run in bakcground with screen off, battery drain is not so fast.

Did that with my LG Opt 2

If want to use a smartphone as car cam, gotta use a "written-off" smartphone. Those that you won't be using apps on it anymore or as your primary phone.

Whatsmore, I find that without SIM card in phone and with wifi and the GSM off, battery life is fantastic. My LG Opt 2 which I use as my car cam can last 3 hours without charging.

what kind of phone holder did u use to hold your LG while driving?

Pics?

(edited)

Ahhhhh darn!

I just bought and installed a car camera today <_<

Nvm.. Can use my old iphone 4 as a rear car camera [;)]

Edited by Kurtselva