Some Useful Things You Should Keep in Your Car

Lotr

Some of us keep absolutely nothing in our car trunks, while others have enough packed to live in their cars for weeks. Somewhere in between is this list of thirty things we think every car owner should always have on hand.

Car Repair and Maintenance

Spare tire (in good condition), along with a tire jack and tire iron, because without them or someone else to help you, the spare tire is useless. Here's how to change a tire, in case you need a refresher. Also, if your wheels require a special security key, make sure that's always in your car too.

Tire inflater and sealer, like the Fix-a-Flat, which can plug a leak (and help you avoid using the above tools) just enough to get you to the auto shop.

Jumper cables, because dead batteries happen to the best of us. We've got a crash course on how to jump-start a car, but you should familiarize yourself with your engine just in case things are a little different. Alternatively, you can pack an emergency battery booster so you don't have to rely on a Good Samaritan coming along.

Your car's manual, which should be in the glove compartment already

Tire pressure gauge: As our sister site Jalopnik points out: "checking tire pressure on a regular basis can improve handling, increase fuel economy, promote tire longevity, and even save lives."

Duct tape and WD-40. Seriously, check out these 10 heroic duct tape car repairs.

Car repair information. A business card for your auto repair shop, the number for AAA (if you're a member), and car insurance claim forms should also be stored in your glove compartment.

Safety and Survival

First aid kit

Flashlight

Multi-tool

Seat belt cutter and window breaker

reflective triangle, so you don't get hit at the side of the road in the dark.

Maps. Yes, the paper kind.

Convenience and Comfort

Paper towels or a hand towel

Tissues or a roll of toilet paper

Pencil and paper

Umbrella

Spare change/emergency money

Recycled shopping bags for those impromptu shopping trips.

Change of clothes/socks/shoes: also an emergency item, because if you get drenched in rain, it's no good to sit around like that.

USB mobile device charger

What do you think?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Convenience and Comfort

wet tissues ( to wipe errr..certain area in case need to use)

plastic bags (in case kids want to puke or throw used tissues)

Some say spare tire will cause your car to use additional fuel ... true or not, I dun know...

but wats the point of having a spare tire when anything happens we will still call for breakdown services

how many of us will actually change tyre on-the-spot or even knows how to do it?

• Praise 1

Some say spare tire will cause your car to use additional fuel ... true or not, I dun know...

but wats the point of having a spare tire when anything happens we will still call for breakdown services

how many of us will actually change tyre on-the-spot or even knows how to do it?

extra weight mah...usually will not change on the spot...thought of removing it...but house no place to put

extra weight mah...usually will not change on the spot...thought of removing it...but house no place to put

put in top fllor of mscp, then use chain to lock it up [sly]

I think this has been discussed before, Ppl say Singapore small, call tow truck can liao. Call the tow truck to tow you to the nearest tire shop if you encounter tire problem along a highway. Kinda dangerous to do it yourself.

If battery problem tire shop also can fix. If at night, best is to tow to the nearest petrol kiosk to fix your tire yourself. Coz at night you might run into a drunk driver or sleeping driver. Battery got ppl provide 24hrs rescue service, just have to do a search.

Last time I also have a lot of tools in my car. Dan I find it really not necessary and it adds a lot of weight.

Most important thing is to have numbers stored in your phone. No need to put so many things in your car.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I Jeep a box of condoms in my car regularly. Safety first. Yeah....

that is good for collecting water and............ protein too. [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Ontop on the Break down sign, some wheel changing tools and a spare wheel, I have the hand pump pressurised water spray. Handy not just for washing off the bird shlt, but also the hands or washing off the sands off you feet before getting in.

i always keep 2 bottles of water...just in case...

can put out fire and can wash...

I used to jeep a 1.5L bottle of water to wash away bird sh!t and stains too but now boh chap, just go car wash.

I used to jeep a 1.5L bottle of water to wash away bird sh!t and stains too but now boh chap, just go car wash.

open air carpark so kana almost every other day...just wash off n thong until the next wash....

a feather duster also not bad...can dust dashboard or whack kids too [lipsrsealed]

(edited)

Not all cars comes with space for spare tyres leh.

Actually, SG is so small......can get to tyre shop or roadside assist anytime.

Edited by TameDriver

Turbocharged

I Jeep a box of condoms in my car regularly. Safety first. Yeah....

Others should keep the same 'safety tool/device' for their own safety..... [sweatdrop] especially they like to have late supper in places like CV etc

Turbocharged

Not all cars comes with space for spare tyres leh.

Actually, SG is so small......can get to tyre shop or roadside assist anytime.

not when driving on expressways...

Ontop on the Break down sign, some wheel changing tools and a spare wheel, I have the hand pump pressurised water spray. Handy not just for washing off the bird shlt, but also the hands or washing off the sands off you feet before getting in.

Beach lover spotted!!!

Turbocharged

that is good for collecting water and............ protein too. [thumbsup]

or use it to poke?!! [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement