Toyota estima vs honda odyssey

Duckie1979

Turbocharged

Front still looks like the current alphard right? And the rear looks like estima...

just like porsche 911 every model look the same lol. i read that new alphard is below 1.9m height so thats v attractive

scoop665.jpg

scoop666.jpg

Thanks for the prompt response

Hope new model be better than the highest spec Z G edition or L edition and will have

- DRL

- LED swivelling headlights for both mainbeam and high beam

- rear lights similar to BMW or new Odyssey/harrier

- triple sunroof (all can open - current twin moonroof, front only tilt)

- power rear folding seats

- rear fog lights

- led white license plate lights

- night vision (like merc s class)

- HUD (head up display) - like new GS

- BSM (blind spot mirror) with RTA (rear traffic alert)

- aircon/ventilation seats (like most lexus)

Guys, Estima does not come with spare tyres. How and where do we get the spare tyre if we want it?

If get a flat on the road, they provide a sort of patching kit, which is a temp fix to allow you to go to nearest tyre shop to replace it.

(edited)

Anyone knows the fuel consumption for Estima?

Also how do we use the "pump" if tyre punctured? I was told that I could inflat the tyre in emergency but no one showed me how to do it.

I searched on youtube, is this the same way?

Watch "Toyota - How to use a tyre repair kit" on YouTube - Toyota - How to use a tyre repair kit:

Edited by Extremme

Consumption for my previous Estima was about 8km/l for mainly city driving. Decent in my opinion considering the size and 2.4l car.

Also how do we use the "pump" if tyre punctured? I was told that I could inflat the tyre in emergency but no one showed me how to do it.

Watch "Toyota - How to use a tyre repair kit" on YouTube - Toyota - How to use a tyre repair kit:

Consumption for my previous Estima was about 8km/l for mainly city driving. Decent in my opinion considering the size and 2.4l car.

OTOT:

Thks buddy. Not too bad I guessed. Also do you know how much of engine oil it uses? I intend to buy engine oil myself to change cause my workshop only uses Liqui Moly...

For 2013 Estima Aeras Premium, 2.4L (non hybrid)

fuel consumption is around 10-11km per L - average.

For extended highway eg NS highway, can be at least 12, sometimes 14km/L, based on the computer on board.

Full tank (of around 65L), usual range is between 520-550km, sometimes more than 600km.

Yes, no sprare tyre, only has the kit

For 2013 Estima Aeras Premium, 2.4L (non hybrid)

fuel consumption is around 10-11km per L - average.

For extended highway eg NS highway, can be at least 12, sometimes 14km/L, based on the computer on board.

Full tank (of around 65L), usual range is between 520-550km, sometimes more than 600km.

Yes, no sprare tyre, only has the kit

wow its really not bad. My previous ride - a wish only managed 10.4km/L "_"|||

As for the kit you mentioned, is it the same as what I have shown on the youtube?

No prob!

I change engine oil every time when I service the car which is about 10,000km; however, don't know how much they use!

OTOT:

Thks buddy. Not too bad I guessed. Also do you know how much of engine oil it uses? I intend to buy engine oil myself to change cause my workshop only uses Liqui Moly...

I have been driving an Estima Aeras (2008 model, 8 seater) for about 6 years.

Fuel consumption wise, I usually clocked 400km (from full tank) before "Empty" sign lights up. I have also used 92 ron pertol with no noticeable performance degradation.

My 2008 Estima has a spare tyre. It is stored below the car base, at the middle-right side of car. I have used the spare tyre thrice so far, so I can't be wrong.

If I am to change my car now I would still go for an Estima as my family is spoilt by the storage space and flexibilty (it has space for a large golf-bag and a bicycle even when loaded with 8 passenges) it provides. However, I would prefer to wait for the 2015 model.. key reasons being that both exterior styling and engine (2.4l version) are very dated.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Merrills
  • Praise 2

I have been driving an Estima Aeras (2008 model, 8 seater) for about 6 years.

Fuel consumption wise, I usually clocked 400km (from full tank) before "Empty" sign lights up. I have also used 92 ron pertol with no noticeable performance degradation.

My 2008 Estima has a spare tyre. It is stored below the car base, at the middle-right side of car. I have used the spare tyre thrice so far, so I can't be wrong.

If I am to change my car now I would still go for an Estima as my family is spoilt by the storage space and flexibilty (it has space for a large golf-bag and a bicycle even when loaded with 8 passenges) it provides. However, I would prefer to wait for the 2015 model.. key reasons being that both exterior styling and engine (2.4l version) are very dated.

Hope this helps.

Mine it's a 2014 model. After driving for 2 months, it can clock about 8.4km/litre. Full tank its about 500 I think. Of course it depends on the way we drive also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1