Seeking opinion on an accident

Ks_88

If there was a huge truck very close behind me n I ran a red light n got snapped by a camera, I wud rather take my chances explaining to the police what I did was a safer option than to jam brake. [nod]

Worse I pay fine n take the points [mad] . Other option was being creamated within a week. [angel][dead]

Which wud most prefer? [sly]

aiyah, missed opportunity for me [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

TS, u lack some experience in driving, actually, the honda stream driver is inexperience or kuku driver, just see the 11 second market u understand...the honda brake for nothing until 20th seconds...the lorry was faraway...

the moment i see this kinda of kukubird driver, i swing to right lane liao...cos unblocked n no cars, i have no tolerance for kuku drivers, prefer to see clear road...

second you brake is lousy, is it original?

third, your reaction time is too slow...if u follow the car in front, what the car do u must follow...u were 2 car lengths away when the honda driver brake, u have plenty of time...see the 32 second mark...2 car length,

:D experience driver

The correct distance is 1 car length for every 10kmh of speed.

Since they were doing 40kmh....the correct distance sud b at least 4 car lengths.

Many Spore drivers do not realise it takes much longer to stop SAFELY than what they practice. [shakehead]

I always see cars here follow much too close the car in front. [sweatdrop]

Lucky taxi drivers dun know the lic plate cos a lot will be going on a free holiday just by driving in front of TS

TS seemed to want to find support here, perhaps a form of reprive from his stress. By now, he should know that MCFers call a spade a spade. If this were tong chia forum, well, perhaps he may find some support.

And I will put a very nice youtoob vid to sum up the overall ambience here in MCF

no diff lah, u oni appear at night, your soul will continue to appear at night [:p][:p][:p]

Ya u noticed ah.

Daytime sunlight too bright so I need to [sleeping] sleep in my coffin or I turn to dust.

So damn mean.

Its OK. He sometimes wil grow lots of hair all over his face n body n howl at the moon. [lipsrsealed]

We all have our little quirks lah. [grin]

Its OK. He sometimes wil grow lots of hair all over his face n body n howl at the moon. [lipsrsealed]

We all have our little quirks lah. [grin]

[grin][grin][grin]

xmenorigins-wolverine.jpg

the truth hurts.... :D

OUCH.

I do miss going to the park or beach n enjoying the sunshine n fresh air. [sunny]

Im sure u also hate it when u on a hot date n suddenly u see the full moon n start to change n have to run away n hide otherwise u end up eating yr date alive. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Come to think about it, p69 come out at night will save ERP charges.

Haha.

Did u also consider day time I too busy running around all over the place (paying super high ERP charges) n cannot come in n surf MCF. [sly]

aiyah, missed opportunity for me [laugh]

My body already donated to science. Too bad. -_-

U wil never see me naked. [laugh]

In turn base strategic game, we need to think best case and worst case, to have different plans to counter various situation. The light ember trigger the stream had two option, chiong or stop. But, TS only assumed she will chiong. Game lose~~~

Supersonic

traffic police will say when a car is approaching traffic light, should always maintain speed or slow down and prepare to stop. Cannot waive..

this was told to me by an ex cop in the investigation unit (back in 1997/98). [lipsrsealed] Hence, it snaps twice .

But seriously, if i had my kids behind in such a situation, I will proceed. If i had to choose, i choose my family's well being on assumption that at amber lights, the adjacent has not moved yet.

Driving is about being predictable, whether you're slow or fast, you need to be predictable.

Especially, if you're carrying precious cargo or humans behind.

Amber is always a problem. Some people think it's time to chiong, some think it's time to brake.

Some thinks it's both within one second and that's where accident happens.

Indecision is a trait amongst many drivers.

Thats something i consciously need to work on.

1 thing i find is that, the amber light timing seems more suited for driving within the prescribed speed limit (which itself poses other dangers under typical driving conditions.

Ya checking yr rear mirror when u going to jam brake is a very good idea. [drivingcar]

Long ago I stopped at a red light(not jam brake) on Pasir Panjang Road n saw in my mirror a huge cement mixer truck coming up very fast behind without any sign he was going to stop (maybe driver dreaming). [sleeping]

I quickly shoot forward n pull to the side n he zoomed past me going tru the red light. If I had not moved I probably wud not b here today posting in MCF. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

reg heavy vehicles, for me is not just traffic lights these days, when i see 1 behind me, I will be glancing the rear mirror every 5 secs with "deep concern".

• Praise 1

Exactly! They drive as if they're stunt drivers, only end up hitting the car in front when there's a emergency braking.

Hahaha. Ya I see many beng chia wil tailgate me then when I pull away he dare not follow. Or I take a nice corner he also far far behind.

I cant stand those ya ya drivers try to act hero but got not balls at all. :wacko:

2 years ago, I had a similar incident where my wheels locked when jamming brakes and it's because the front car zham brake after traffic lights to let a L plate filter in from slip road and somemore it was raining... [:|]

No matter what it's still (my) rear car's fault because if car no ABS all the more should leave more space.

Also, big cars like MPV have very powerful brakes because it need to stop the weight for 7 people.

Driving is about being predictable, whether you're slow or fast, you need to be predictable.

Especially, if you're carrying precious cargo or humans behind.

Amber is always a problem. Some people think it's time to chiong, some think it's time to brake.

Some thinks it's both within one second and that's where accident happens.

Indecision is a trait amongst many drivers.

Yes. Good drivers will think ahead and is more aware of their surrounding. This kuku driver I encountered a few days again, he/she turned out from car park into main road although I was already 10-15 metres away. Instead of picking up speed, the driver moved off slowing and I changed lane only for him to do the same . . . . I was already half a car lenghth alongside him. Never check blind spot and is not an alert driver this fella. Kuku!

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Yes. Good drivers will think ahead and is more aware of their surrounding. This kuku driver I encountered a few days again, he/she turned out from car park into main road although I was already 10-15 metres away. Instead of picking up speed, the driver moved off slowing and I changed lane only for him to do the same . . . . I was already half a car lenghth alongside him. Never check blind spot and is not an alert driver this fella. Kuku!

Unfortunately, many thinks that slow driver = safe driver.

That's wrong. They can cause accidents bcuz they are blocking the roads and people attempt to go around them.

And when you do, they change lanes to block you and they still go at the same slow speed.

Yeap, they have no situational awareness.

They literally drive like they own the road.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

Unfortunately, many thinks that slow driver = safe driver.

That's wrong. They can cause accidents bcuz they are blocking the roads and people attempt to go around them.

And when you do, they change lanes to block you and they still go at the same slow speed.

Yeap, they have no situational awareness.

They literally drive like they own the road.

Yes, always turn on human antenna to scan the surrounding traffic situations like a cockroach, plan 2, 3 steps ahead before overtaking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2