Who has bought a car following the increase in COE quota

Wolfverine

Who bought a car since beginning of May?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who has bought a car following the increase in COE from May?

• Yes, I did and am counting to date of delivery!
    • No, I bought more than 1 car since the increase in COE quota and can't wait to take delivery of them!
    • No, I am still waiting for COE/car price to drop further.
    • No, I am giving up car ownership and will be taking BMW going forward.

Not so similar i would say. Malaysia salary low car price low, yes, but percentage wise, i dun tink so its similar to sg.

Car prices are like 3-4 times more in SG.

Yet salary is probably at most double only.

there people earn 2000rm can easily afford car, here people earn SGD3k(3 times more) also struggling to pay for a normal car.

Earn $3k , please take public lah. For the sake of that person.

Unless, father, mother , brother sister support, then dont say.

↡ Advertisement

Just saying for comparisons sake la. i dun tink any1 earning below 6-7 should own a car unless necessary. Annual expenditure of a simple toyota also can go to about 15-20k including repairs and all. so dont even dream of owning a car if u earn below 50k per annum, unless ur single and staying with parents or something.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

3k is refer to gross or take home pay ar? If 3k is gross and take home would only be 2.4k, if single maybe still can survive but with many commitments then monthly would be tight with no saving at all.

Edited by 13177

IMHO, best hope for more 'sane' COE price is that the current loan restrictions limits demand from marginal owners. It may then fall to 'affordable' level of around $40-50K (although I think it is still crazy) as median income has risen in recent years. This would translate into prices of about $70-80k on the road for Cat A. Once this psychological level is reached, I suspect many will flood back into the market, pushing up demand again.

Again, if as some had mentioned, there's a perfect storm of financial slowdown + loan curbs, then a period of $20-30K COEs will be good for those with steady income. But if this happens, banks and loan companies will lobby govt to ease motor loans as they still need to do business.

So at the end of the day, there are many vested parties with sometimes allied, or more likely, conflicting interests keen to push their agenda.

Supercharged

IMHO, best hope for more 'sane' COE price is that the current loan restrictions limits demand from marginal owners. It may then fall to 'affordable' level of around $40-50K (although I think it is still crazy) as median income has risen in recent years. This would translate into prices of about $70-80k on the road for Cat A. Once this psychological level is reached, I suspect many will flood back into the market, pushing up demand again.

Again, if as some had mentioned, there's a perfect storm of financial slowdown + loan curbs, then a period of $20-30K COEs will be good for those with steady income. But if this happens, banks and loan companies will lobby govt to ease motor loans as they still need to do business.

So at the end of the day, there are many vested parties with sometimes allied, or more likely, conflicting interests keen to push their agenda.

Honestly, I quite disturbed by ppl who start calling those ppl who bought car or kan chong spider or stupid or whatever just because they believe in the COE will drop to the level they desired. It is ok to have belief but please respect others who have bought the car. We can afford and we are willing to spend money on high COE which I don't think it is their problem. They can discuss and wait all they want, we have no problem. Should the COE go against their prediction, we will not say they are stupid or wait long long will have. We just have to respect each other preference. Quoted from this SE from AD "Buying car is about buying within your affordability, if you think the price is right and you need a car then buy. Else you can wait. No one can predict and don't ask me who the COE will move."

Those that criticized those who bought car are probably those who need self consolation themselves.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Honestly, I quite disturbed by ppl who start calling those ppl who bought car or kan chong spider or stupid or whatever just because they believe in the COE will drop to the level they desired. It is ok to have belief but please respect others who have bought the car. We can afford and we are willing to spend money on high COE which I don't think it is their problem. They can discuss and wait all they want, we have no problem. Should the COE go against their prediction, we will not say they are stupid or wait long long will have. We just have to respect each other preference. Quoted from this SE from AD "Buying car is about buying within your affordability, if you think the price is right and you need a car then buy. Else you can wait. No one can predict and don't ask me who the COE will move."

Those that criticized those who bought car are probably those who need self consolation themselves.

If you are disturbed by such remarks from a public forum, then I would say this forum or any public forum is not for you because there are 1001 type of people out there with different lifestyle and opinion and public forum has no control on what their choices of words but you have control over how to view those opinion.... You can call me a nerd but don't expect me to give a shit of it because I don't care... Hehehe

• Praise 1

Supercharged

If you are disturbed by such remarks from a public forum, then I would say this forum or any public forum is not for you because there are 1001 type of people out there with different lifestyle and opinion and public forum has no control on what their choices of words but you have control over how to view those opinion.... You can call me a nerd but don't expect me to give a shit of it because I don't care... Hehehe

Well I am just expressing my views that's all and I don't wish to engage any deeper in this discussion as i don't think it is going anywhere. you are right there are thousand and one type of ppl but i just hoping we respect each other and make this earth a better place. thank u

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Is the gov possible to cancel the car loan curb 50% downpayment? ??

Actually I am not keen with low COE. To ease the road, better make owning a car difficult and or maintaining a car difficult. of course there must be except for ppl who really need a car like fetching the disabled.

6th Gear

Actually I am not keen with low COE. To ease the road, better make owning a car difficult and or maintaining a car difficult. of course there must be except for ppl who really need a car like fetching the disabled.

Do you know that low COE do not mean worse traffic and High COE do not mean better traffic?

Do you see better traffic when the COE is at 90k?

Supercharged

Do you know that low COE do not mean worse traffic and High COE do not mean better traffic?

well maybe negative COE quota growth? less COE will mean higher bid right?

Maybe is because we are looking at the effect of low coe from 200x? [mad]

coe prices now is a killer..... but i find the 50% down payment is the fatal blow.....and after the down payment, bank must still see whether you eligible for car loan or not....

that means even i have money to pay for down payment, i may not be able to get the loan......and the monthly installments also gan si lang siong......

6th Gear

well maybe negative COE quota growth? less COE will mean higher bid right?

If you are those who prefer COE to be on the high side , try telling govt to cut the supply by 50%.

U will get 2 wishes at one go:

1. Better traffic.... but in 2-3 years time.

2. High COE INSTANTLY!!

But are you sure you are able to fork out the COE when the supply is cut by big margin?

Will you end up crying by your own wish?

I don't think the super rich will be so mindless to get such a useless paper at that price wor..

Even you are cash rich, you don't spend money this way lo.

They can easily go across the bridge and get a super car without any problem.

Supercharged

If you are those who prefer COE to be on the high side , try telling govt to cut the supply by 50%.

U will get 2 wishes at one go:

1. Better traffic.... but in 2-3 years time.

2. High COE INSTANTLY!!

But are you sure you are able to fork out the COE when the supply is cut by big margin?

Will you end up crying by your own wish?

I don't think the super rich will be so mindless to get such a useless paper at that price wor..

Even you are cash rich, you don't spend money this way lo.

They can easily go across the bridge and get a super car without any problem.

Yes I believe I can afford. In the event I cannot afford then I don't drive and just take taxi or bus. No big deal. At least better traffic, my bus and taxi can go faster.

How many cars on the road with a $90K COE? ... :huh:

Yes I believe I can afford. In the event I cannot afford then I don't drive and just take taxi or bus. No big deal. At least better traffic, my bus and taxi can go faster.

r-NORTH-KOREA-PRISONER-RELEASE-large570.

↡ Advertisement