Be careful buying from aliexpress

Kb27

Supersonic

Since aliexpress is a website for all kinds of merchants selling stuffs, you are bound to meet a bad one, like ebay.

Aliexpress offer buyers protection, but their protection is quite useless if you don't monitor each and every purchase carefully.

Since shipping always takes a long time, get delayed or go missing, you have no idea, but wait.

Then the protection runs out and your "protected" money is gone.

Unless you track your purchase everyday and make a dispute before it ends.

Or else good luck to you.

When I make a complaint to aliexpress, they tell me to buy from seller with good reputation.

Well, this one has "good" reputation, but when things go wrong, the shipment ended up returned to them, they have so far refused to return my money after repeatedly messaging them.

I've considered my money lost due to unscrupulous seller.

The seller is AUTO SUPPLIES SHOP Store No.521062

Do not buy any items from them, unless you want to test water with your money.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I have bought some inexpensive stuff there... more exp than taobao but Chinese no good, bo pian

just use high rated and popular sellers... expect 1 month wait with no guarantee whatsoever... but I have received all my stuff

• Praise 1

i agree. Ali baba express can and never will be like amazon. Their complaint centre is next to useless and what support they would give is all BS. Buy at your own risk.

Btw, i have bought numerous stuffs there and at times, shipment is so slow you think a camel have delivered them. [sleeping]

• Praise 2

Supercharged

2 LED bulbs, US$25

I know your heart pain bro.

last time i bought from ebay... handphone. that time smart phone is expensive like ass. so i ordered one online.

kenna makan.

no protection. lost 4 figures. that one i more jiak buay lok leh. [sweat]

heng it is just $25.

Supercharged

I think buying online is not about F&F (Fire and Forget)... even for local website like Deal.com, Groupon etc... if I'm getting merchandise from online, I make sure I read through their reviews, do my "homework".

Having said that, I had made purchase from Qoo10, Taobao, Aliexpress, Alibaba, etc, buying more than USD200 on each order and I don't have problems receiving the items. I make sure to track their shipping, asking the dealer every single day. No response from them, I will start to "feedback" until they hold or refund the payment to me. The trick is once I sensed the order is not delivered, before the 30 days grace, I will "feedback" till my money is back.

Of course there is no 100% guarantee when you do online shopping, it is either you dun receive or the items is not what is described. That's why in Singapore, the online biz is not a major part of retail though it can save cost on rental.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

i agree. Ali baba express can and never will be like amazon. Their complaint centre is next to useless and what support they would give is all BS. Buy at your own risk.

Btw, i have bought numerous stuffs there and at times, shipment is so slow you think a camel have delivered them. [sleeping]

Yeap, Amazon is the best.

They are always my first choice, unless bo bian can't get what I need.

I know your heart pain bro.

last time i bought from ebay... handphone. that time smart phone is expensive like ass. so i ordered one online.

kenna makan.

no protection. lost 4 figures. that one i more jiak buay lok leh. [sweat]

heng it is just $25.

Wah..sorry about your loss.

Where big ticket item is concerned, I would be more careful.

Yeap, Amazon is the best.

They are always my first choice, unless bo bian can't get what I need.

well....always remember we are dealing with the chinese from china.

AMTK does have their merits as they are more steady in doing online biz. [cool]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I think buying online is not about F&F (Fire and Forget)... even for local website like Deal.com, Groupon etc... if I'm getting merchandise from online, I make sure I read through their reviews, do my "homework".

Having said that, I had made purchase from Qoo10, Taobao, Aliexpress, Alibaba, etc, buying more than USD200 on each order and I don't have problems receiving the items. I make sure to track their shipping, asking the dealer every single day. No response from them, I will start to "feedback" until they hold or refund the payment to me. The trick is once I sensed the order is not delivered, before the 30 days grace, I will "feedback" till my money is back.

Of course there is no 100% guarantee when you do online shopping, it is either you dun receive or the items is not what is described. That's why in Singapore, the online biz is not a major part of retail though it can save cost on rental.

But how much do you save buying online?

If I have to track each and every single order, the savings better be very substantial.

(edited)

No problem with Aliexpress for me when I bought my Samsung Mega 6.3 quad core phone. This type is poh heng suay. Thanks for the tip off.

Edited by Count-Bracula

Supercharged

But how much do you save buying online?

If I have to track each and every single order, the savings better be very substantial.

It is not just about savings... it is about getting the items not available in Singapore.

If I wan savings, I rather do physical shopping e.g. Sim Lim Sq. Going from one shop to the other you can already compare prices and get to see the product whether it is the same.

You can't do that online, 2 online stores may be showing the same thing but they are of different qualities e.g. handphones, tablets

Turbocharged
(edited)

Guys, those stuff from Aliexpress or Taobao is not cheap for nothing.

You buy from them, you just have to accept all those headache and delivery risk that comes with it. If you eventually get your item, great. If you get delays or total loss, just move on, afterall, it is very low price for a reason.

For myself, I never use them. I get all my stuff from US online stores like ebay and amazon, and after more than a decade with them, I never had one delivery or loss issue. It is always prompt, but of course, you pay more. It is only in the recent years that shipping from US has became much cheaper. The thing about American sellers is that they take it as their pride and culture by making sure you get your item on time.. I even made purchases of luxury watches online from US before and it was communicated promptly and delivered as fast as they could.

Buying things from China online has always been a gamble. You just have to accept the risk and go into the transaction with your eyes wide open.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Actually, I have had quite good experiences with Aliexpress, maybe I am just lucky.

I have bought probably more than 30 times from that site, mostly small electronics items, largest items were large ceiling lights and chandeliers . If the item is shipped via EMS, it arrives within a week. Longest was about 2 mths for smaller items sent via normal post. If I don't get the item by the time the buyer protection ends, I open a case first so that its logged. Don't believe the so-called dispute resolution process stated, Aliexpress will take forever to investigate and you won't get any updates along the way. But like I said, I have been lucky and have gotten my money back for defective products, longest wait was 7 mths and I already wrote off the purchase, but was pleasantly surprised to receive a full refund.

I find that most genuine sellers do try to avoid negative feedback. I have gotten partial refunds from some sellers even after the buyer protection ends for defects discovered in the products. But have to be realistic and not be too greedy in trying to reach a compromise with them .

Neutral Newbie

I bought few times from Aliexpress only one bad experience with a seller.

Bought a pair of LED brake lamp bulbs and one was faulty message

seller agreed to send new one but waited for quite sometime.

Decided to file for refund with Aliexpress and since seller failed to respond

to Aliexpress within a 7 days.

Subsequently Aliexpress refund full amount back to my credit card bank and

about 7 weeks later the replacement bulb arrived.

I just placed my second order for a OBD cable with Aliexpress yesterday... hope not problem!

Have done most of the online shopping on DX.com, almost always delivered (once in a while delayed, and once Paypal refuded me after waiting too long). DX is slightly more ex but easy to navigate.

For DVRs Foxoffer.com has good selection.

↡ Advertisement