Be careful buying from aliexpress

Kb27

tried aliexpress twice and swore off it...

item came defective. raise dispute with their useless resolution centre. sent them photos. they claimed that they cannot be sure that the goods were from them and not another supplier... asked me why I did not go claim from the postal service instead. when i went to aliexpress customer service they were of not much help. the items were damaged and totally unusable. in the end they offered me a 10% refund. zzzz

the second time they sent a wrong colour of an item and refused any form of compensation whatsoever.

while some items may be cheap... you wont know the quality till it arrives and the pictures are usually gross misrepresentations of the actual products.

just my rants

↡ Advertisement

While that's bad enough, my loss for on-line purchase from Screenmall for a laptop screen was SGD150.00 + courier

Although the parts no. was correctly selected, they sent me a wrong part. Eventually, they want me to return to their HKG address although the supply came from USA.

Not wanting to throw good $$$ for bad ones, I decided to write off the purchase.

Sine then, I've lost faith in on-line purchase and have not made any since. [mad]

2 LED bulbs, US$25

Share a little bad experience with one of Alibaba Seller.

My friend made a purchase from this YiWu KingSing Art & Crafts Co.Ltd

The sales manager was this guy called Frank. Initially he was helpful and friendly saying he had dealt alot with Singaporean etc. Was told to pay a total sum of $3k ++ SGD which is the nett amount. Waited for one month plus with no news and had to keep pushing for a reply. Failed to get anymore reply and stuffs. So finally we were told the goods arrived in SG blaming the customs for the delay etc.

Got a shock when we were told to pay additional monies to the shipping company before they release the goods. I questioned Frank about the so called "nett". He said Oh it is also something new to them. Told us to LLST pay for it or we will not get the goods. So I asked about them previously dealing with Singaporeans. He chose not to reply. NVM , so my friend paid up.

Again another big shock when the goods arrived. The boxes were torn. The delivery man blamed the customs again. Ok fine.. if external is damaged I dun care, anyway the boxes will be thrown. But the shock was because the goods inside were also badly cutted up. We ordered paintings on canvas. And the canvas were slashed. After we stock take the remaining, realised one design was not accounted for. Short of 10 boxes of the design. So we took photos of the damaged goods and whatsapp Frank. We also sent him an email about the damaged and missing goods.

He wanted us to pay additional shipping for them to send the items. Damn dulan!!! It is their fault and we had to bear all the expenses. Unfair!!! So we ended up not paying and made a big loss even before making a single cents. Will never deal with them again.

Expensive lesson leant.

* side note. We complaint to Alibaba and nothing was done. We also complaint to the Region manager who replied saying she is on vacation and MIA ever since.

• Praise 1

no wonder he is in "Great Pain" [laugh][laugh]

Alibaba's Jack Ma: Being richest is 'great pain'
AFP
Thursday, Nov 13, 2014
2014110_jackMaalibaba_afp.jpg
Alibaba founder Jack Ma smiles as he waits for the trading to open on the floor at the New York Stock Exchange on September 19, 2014.
SHANGHAI - He may now be China's richest man but Jack Ma, the founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba, has admitted in a US television interview that being so wealthy is actually causing him "great pain".
Ma has seen his fortune balloon to US$19.5 billion (S$25 billion) after Alibaba's record-breaking US$25 billion initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange in September, according to data compiled by Forbes magazine.
On Tuesday, the company chalked up a new record - US$9.3 billion of sales conducted through its platforms during Singles Day, its 24-hour shopping promotion and the world's biggest online retail event.
But a successful stock listing and vast fortunes have caused him stress, Ma said in an interview with US business news channel CNBC Tuesday.
"This month I'm not very happy - I think too much pressure," Ma told the broadcaster.
"Maybe the stock goes so up, maybe people have high expectations on you, maybe I think too much about the future and have too many things to worry about," he said.
Alibaba's share price has been on a steady uptrend since it debuted in New York two months ago. It closed at US$114.54 on Tuesday, representing a nearly 70 per cent gain from its offer price of US$68.
Ma said that people often tell him that being rich "is good" but admitted he found being the wealthiest man in China difficult.
"Yeah, it is good, but not the richest man in China. It's a great pain because when you're (the) richest person in the world, everybody (is) surrounding you for money," Ma told CNBC.
He added that people now looked at him differently when he walked down the street and added: "spending money is much more difficult than making money." His remarks echoed what he told state media in early October when he said being named China's richest man is "meaningless".
"My happiest days were when I used to earn 90 yuan (US$15) a month," Ma once told state media.
He is looking at the possibility to establish a foundation to spend money "in a business way" and may even compete with US billionaire Bill Gates in the field of philanthropy, according to CNBC.
Ma was ranked as China's most generous person after he donated a 1.4 per cent stake in his firm to set up a charity focused on the environment, health care and education, according to a survey by wealth publisher Hurun in late October.

Share a little bad experience with one of Alibaba Seller.

My friend made a purchase from this YiWu KingSing Art & Crafts Co.Ltd

The sales manager was this guy called Frank. Initially he was helpful and friendly saying he had dealt alot with Singaporean etc. Was told to pay a total sum of $3k ++ SGD which is the nett amount. Waited for one month plus with no news and had to keep pushing for a reply. Failed to get anymore reply and stuffs. So finally we were told the goods arrived in SG blaming the customs for the delay etc.

Got a shock when we were told to pay additional monies to the shipping company before they release the goods. I questioned Frank about the so called "nett". He said Oh it is also something new to them. Told us to LLST pay for it or we will not get the goods. So I asked about them previously dealing with Singaporeans. He chose not to reply. NVM , so my friend paid up.

Again another big shock when the goods arrived. The boxes were torn. The delivery man blamed the customs again. Ok fine.. if external is damaged I dun care, anyway the boxes will be thrown. But the shock was because the goods inside were also badly cutted up. We ordered paintings on canvas. And the canvas were slashed. After we stock take the remaining, realised one design was not accounted for. Short of 10 boxes of the design. So we took photos of the damaged goods and whatsapp Frank. We also sent him an email about the damaged and missing goods.

He wanted us to pay additional shipping for them to send the items. Damn dulan!!! It is their fault and we had to bear all the expenses. Unfair!!! So we ended up not paying and made a big loss even before making a single cents. Will never deal with them again.

Expensive lesson leant.

* side note. We complaint to Alibaba and nothing was done. We also complaint to the Region manager who replied saying she is on vacation and MIA ever since.

Next time you got shipping issues can contact me.

Over the last 12 years, been into few legal tussles with my cilents and with my experience, I'm sure can help you.

Next time you got shipping issues can contact me.

Over the last 12 years, been into few legal tussles with my cilents and with my experience, I'm sure can help you.

you do shipping?

So next time if I intend to do any other import from China can I contact you?

Ms Lee, you can contact me but my charges are on the higher side & at times even more expensive then the market rate.

Because,

If you want someone to pay for the goods rather you pay direct to supplier, I can.

If you want someone to inspect the goods before payment, I can.

If you want want to claim someone when the goods is damage, I can be claim.

If I under quote, I absorb the additional charges.

& less then 45kgs, use Express Mailing Services will be cheaper compared with forwarders.

So only bulky cargo for me.

The stocks were super bulky... like 15 cartons .. around 1.5 x 1.5 m each... cos they tried doing some biz... but bad experience.. and the sales man had the cheek to email again and ask if ordering more from them...

The stocks were super bulky... like 15 cartons .. around 1.5 x 1.5 m each... cos they tried doing some biz... but bad experience.. and the sales man had the cheek to email again and ask if ordering more from them...

i don't understand...

you all paid $3k+ to a chinaman directly or through alipay? For alipay, the money is held in deposit until you receive the goods but is about 10days, this can be extended once.

Before confirming order, you all did not check how long they will take to send the items out for shipping?

The items were damaged? Did you ask them to stick fragile sticker or even pack in wooden crate? Also did you instruct anyone to check the items before sending out to China? From what i see, the items may pass through several hands, Original Company, china local courier, china freight fowarder, singapore customs, singapore freight fowarder, singapore local courier. I don't think can solely blame on the company.

i can understand why they ask you to pay shipping, if they had missed out sending the goods then obviously the initial shipping cost did not include the weight for the items they had initially missed out.. they admited that these items has been missed out and is willing to send the items so for this part.

anyway china people, you just have to handle very very carefully

Ms Lee, you can contact me but my charges are on the higher side & at times even more expensive then the market rate.

Because,

If you want someone to pay for the goods rather you pay direct to supplier, I can.

If you want someone to inspect the goods before payment, I can.

If you want want to claim someone when the goods is damage, I can be claim.

If I under quote, I absorb the additional charges.

& less then 45kgs, use Express Mailing Services will be cheaper compared with forwarders.

So only bulky cargo for me.

EMS? very expensive ar

that is why i cant stress enough, alibaba is no amazon and customer service is non existent.

is like budget airlines... no frills.. lol

You seem to have a track record of being taken advantaged of, cheated and fooled by people with whom you do business with.

I suggest you either stick to authorized dealers and retail outlets instead of going to second hand car dealers and Taobao/Alibaba/WhateverElse and losing buckets of money and angry tears in the process.

Alternatively, find somebody wiser and smarter to advise you on every transaction you make...

• Praise 1

Why do I get this message on Aliexpress, and not able to buy anything :

"Your account does not allow you to purchase international products online"?

u can find almost anything available on aliexpress on taobao, u just have to change the website location to domestic China at the top left hand columm of the website

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1