Holidaying Back, pls pay GST

Ktglfc

If I buy a bag $1800 and I got 3 person, is that mean I don't need to pay GST?

Cos I person is $600 mah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Who in the right mind will pay up when no one else does that? And when everyone starts to do pay the gst..our customs are not equipped to handle the queues at all...

Play hard with the bloodsuckers... Insist purchases are not brand new.. Just well kept!! There isn't much they can do anyway... Might as well jam up all airport exits... Stupid law that is totally not enforceable..

Better yet.. Tell the vampires my overseas frens gimme one.. Tell them fly over there to prove otherwise

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Wah, this one is what my smoker friend does when we go Malaysia. All the non-smokers got to help him carry 1 pack of ciggies (or whatever is the amount that we can bring in) for him then pass to him after that. LoL.

hahaha....all the tricks smokers do! I also did that last time!

Turbocharged

Wah, this one is what my smoker friend does when we go Malaysia. All the non-smokers got to help him carry 1 pack of ciggies (or whatever is the amount that we can bring in) for him then pass to him after that. LoL.

Ciggies have zero allowance,

even one stick not allowed to bring back

Haha yah, officially cannot lah, but there are ways to ensure that it's legal. But IIRC, its only 1 pack per person.

Turbocharged

Haha yah, officially cannot lah, but there are ways to ensure that it's legal. But IIRC, its only 1 pack per person.

many years ago already 1 stick also cannot... total ban.... 1 pack per head was like in the 90's.... :D

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Who in the right mind will pay up when no one else does that? And when everyone starts to do pay the gst..our customs are not equipped to handle the queues at all...

Play hard with the bloodsuckers... Insist purchases are not brand new.. Just well kept!! There isn't much they can do anyway... Might as well jam up all airport exits... Stupid law that is totally not enforceable..

Better yet.. Tell the vampires my overseas frens gimme one.. Tell them fly over there to prove otherwise

Just go thru' the "Nothing to Declare".

Walk with confidence and at a steady pace.

Don't need eye contact with the SPF.

Walk with head up, and you will never walk alone :)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

By right.

But then by left.....

I heard for cig, now very tied liao.

Just go thru' the "Nothing to Declare".

Walk with confidence and at a steady pace.

Don't need eye contact with the SPF.

Walk with head up, and you will never walk alone :)

when they decide to chose you for spot check.. you also confirm not walk alone. [grin]

Hypersonic

when they decide to chose you for spot check.. you also confirm not walk alone. [grin]

That's true, but they seldom check one lah :D

Cos, they will be station at the "Declare" area, waiting for foreigners and tourists to come and declare :)

U got bring receipt Boh??? If got can pay. But ur wife found out not gahmen fault hor.

Wait my kkj missing [bigcry]

Supersonic
(edited)

Pay gst is to protect local businesses but mainly to increase gahmen coffers.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

(edited)

If I go hattyai'diana road side stalll and spend (bargain down)in total $601 do I need to insist for receipt?

Stupidity really found a new meaning in spore context.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

If I go hattyai'diana road side stalll and spend (bargain down)in total $601 do I need to insist for receipt?

Stupidity really found a new meaning in spore context.

True, what cannot be proven and enforced is nothing... just maintain your innocence and without any proof they cannot do anything to you.....

Go overseas buy clothes then wear it there la... lagi best if u dun wash them and pack it home... once the customs open your luggage to check, confirm the pong will make them shut it immediately and waive u off.. hahaha .... [laugh]

But of course if u got like 7 LV bags in your luggage then is different story la... play smart, dun gamble... [scholar]

Simple... go buy receipt book from popular. When buying while oversea, ask the vendor to write any amount, put company stamp or whatever shop name can liao... just make sure total less than 600 loh....

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

$600 is really not a lot, if you go travelling.

You buy some cosmetics, handbags, clothings, sure more than the amount :(

So, sure will contribute to garmen coffers like that :(

Looks like will have to tell wifey to stop buying, and we can all buy in Singapore... but no matter left or right, still ganna GST !

Turbocharged

True, what cannot be proven and enforced is nothing... just maintain your innocence and without any proof they cannot do anything to you.....

Go overseas buy clothes then wear it there la... lagi best if u dun wash them and pack it home... once the customs open your luggage to check, confirm the pong will make them shut it immediately and waive u off.. hahaha .... [laugh]

But of course if u got like 7 LV bags in your luggage then is different story la... play smart, dun gamble... [scholar]

You really think sg govt so easy to bluff one?

I dunno what is the law exactly, but I can confirm double chop say that "saying the value and asking them to prove otherwise" won't be much help to you - I'd think that even if you have a receipt also won't be much help. If they want to set their own value, I'd be willing to bet they have a mechanism to value any items the find - and you can guarantee it won't be in your favour

↡ Advertisement