• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
89 replies to this topic | 135 praises

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

parking_FINAL.jpg

Rules of thumb and experience help, but we prefer repeatable experiments. And if you see this and laugh, you're probably not as good as you think you are. Thankfully, the recipe for a one-move parking job is pretty simple.

1. Pull alongside the car ahead of the space you want. Align your rear axle with that car's bumper. Turn the wheel toward the curb at full lock.

2. Back up until the center of your inside rear tire aligns with the streetside edge of the forward car. Straighten wheel, continue to reverse.

3. When your outside tire aligns with that same edge, turn the wheel the other way.

4. If all went according to plan, you're in the space, bodywork intact. Get out and admire your work.

Super7, Tonydeath, Toothiewabbit, Pisces69, Jellandross, StefanK, Kratoschumacher, 8 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for sharing. I'm weak in this dept.
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

BabyBlade

parking_FINAL.jpg

Rules of thumb and experience help, but we prefer repeatable experiments. And if you see this and laugh, you're probably not as good as you think you are. Thankfully, the recipe for a one-move parking job is pretty simple.
1. Pull alongside the car ahead of the space you want. Align your rear axle with that car's bumper. Turn the wheel toward the curb at full lock.
2. Back up until the center of your inside rear tire aligns with the streetside edge of the forward car. Straighten wheel, continue to reverse.
3. When your outside tire aligns with that same edge, turn the wheel the other way.
4. If all went according to plan, you're in the space, bodywork intact. Get out and admire your work.

Thanks for sharing! Now is there a car for me to try on?
Super7 praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Although there is theory to explain this, I mainly use my feel and sense the energy of the cars around me.

Most times I get it right, but once in a while I need to adjust again especially when the space is very tight.

Like this more shiok mah. Go and remember so much theory for what? Lol.

parking_FINAL.jpg

Super7 praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hardly need to parallel park in Singapore.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

as for me, I always take out the poles. align them with certain stickers on my rear window and do the turns according to what they taught me driving school. always get it right without fail. :D

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Yurikaze
  • Premium member
    Yurikaze
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Lol. Theory always so different when comes to practical.

Most impt is to know your vehicle in and out. Including the limits your vehicle can stretch and go. Ie Driving

Some people just feel their vehicle can go beyond their limits and hence got into minor accidents or accidentally stretch their bodywork.

Super7 praised this
Regards,

[Yu]k |-kaZe.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i always lament why LTA draw such big lot for parallel parking....no challenge at all.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

parking_FINAL.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i always lament why LTA draw such big lot for parallel parking....no challenge at all.

Then you should try parallel parking in Hong Kong. On a tight road, both sides are parked with cars. Very difficult to park.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is exactly the same as what was taught in driving school. 

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

JB leh?? [:p]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then you should try parallel parking in Hong Kong. On a tight road, both sides are parked with cars. Very difficult to park.

Just bring 1 can of white paint, another can of black paint... re-draw the lot until you can close one eye also can park!!  [thumbsup]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You go ulu MY areas, can parallel park by driving head in.  [laugh] That's what I did in Langkawi.

JB leh?? [:p]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Jason_chia2001
  • Premium member
    Jason_chia2001
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Lots of places need to parallel park woh...
Like Geylang, for food ah...ha ha ha..Jalan Besar, Balestier, etc
Cannot help it..all the good food spots :)
JJ

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just bring 1 can of white paint, another can of black paint... re-draw the lot until you can close one eye also can park!!  [thumbsup]

How to re-draw when it's illegal parking? [grin]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to re-draw when it's illegal parking? [grin]

Can draw a legal lot to park, yes? 

If it's illegal parking, just park a bit slanting also can what!!

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You go ulu MY areas, can parallel park by driving head in.  [laugh] That's what I did in Langkawi.

Their parallel lot must be 2x the size in sgp!!  [thumbsup]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Since most xmm drivers can hardly even vertical park, let alone parallel park, they badly need others to park for them.  You can be the white knight to save xmm drivers in distress in car park!!  [sunny]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can draw a legal lot to park, yes? 

If it's illegal parking, just park a bit slanting also can what!!

Cannot anyhow park. Will kenna scratch one because the road was so narrow. People in HK very good at parking because lots of places need parallel parking.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: parallel parking, parallel, park and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users