How to parallel park perfectly, every time

Lotr

i think GL always need to parralel park.. lol..

here seldom but mostly city area have such,,

i also lack practise..

↡ Advertisement

based on TS photo, u might end up wif ur tyres wear off more often... cos by doing tis, yes u can park in nicely but u will hav to turn ur wheels while stationary which wear off tyres faster dan usual...

I dun mind organizing a session to sit beside any car and guide... :)

Parallel parking is easy. I drove a 13 feet truck and parallel park into a car lot before. All about gauging the axle and turning. Even my mum is shock when I easily park a truck into a lot. After that incident, no more restriction when I take my car to.

how lian.... [laugh]

based on TS photo, u might end up wif ur tyres wear off more often... cos by doing tis, yes u can park in nicely but u will hav to turn ur wheels while stationary which wear off tyres faster dan usual...

I dun mind organizing a session to sit beside any car and guide... :)

walau....its like few metres nia, not as if few hundred kilometere.

Relac......

Lorries and all rear-wheel drive vehicles like MB, BMW are easier to park than FWD vehicles (as long as got powder stelling :D ).

Are you ok? Nothing to do with FWD or RWD. It is the dimension of the car driven.

(edited)

I am OK. [laugh]

Yes, size is one thing only.

You try parking a Camry vs a E200, see which one easier to park and U-turn.

Are you ok? Nothing to do with FWD or RWD. It is the dimension of the car driven.

Edited by Kangadrool

Parallel parking is easy. I drove a 13 feet truck and parallel park into a car lot before. All about gauging the axle and turning. Even my mum is shock when I easily park a truck into a lot. After that incident, no more restriction when I take my car to.

13ft from front bumper to rear? That's like the length of a Swift. :D

What truck is that?

Turbocharged

hahaha..happened to me once near joo chiat.but in my case,i was too fedup of waiting with cars lining up behind me and the car in front insisting to parallel park! dunno how many times she reverse and go out again that after 5mins of waiting,i went up to the car and offered to park for her without realising what a SYT she is! after parking,i just drove off to find another lot.thinking back,what a waste not getting her number.. [:p]

LOL, hope next time you make a new friend by helping the xmm to park!! [grin]

Turbocharged

What kinda house you stay sia?

You wanna parallel park you bike there? [:p]

I am not kidding, i ever saw bikers parallel park their bikes before.

Internal Moderator

You wanna parallel park you bike there? [:p]

I am not kidding, i ever saw bikers parallel park their bikes before.

It is not uncommon to parallel park bikes. Anyhow anywhere also can park actually.

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually I find lorries easier to parallel park than cars. When I just passed I was able to park a lorry easily but then got some problems parking my family's MPV.

Edited by Nzy

Actually I find lorries easier to parallel park than cars. When I just passed I was able to park a lorry easily but then got some problems parking my family's MPV.

Yup, the trick is to get the tail in without hitting the vehicle behind the front need little clearance because the front axle is almost right at the bumper.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup, the trick is to get the tail in without hitting the vehicle behind the front need little clearance because the front axle is almost right at the bumper.

Yes, cars with short overhang front and back are easier to park. New Mini, Mitsubishi i-car, Fiat 500 etc are very much easier to park than Peugeot 508 which has long overhang in front

parking_FINAL.jpg

Rules of thumb and experience help, but we prefer repeatable experiments. And if you see this and laugh, you're probably not as good as you think you are. Thankfully, the recipe for a one-move parking job is pretty simple.

1. Pull alongside the car ahead of the space you want. Align your rear axle with that car's bumper. Turn the wheel toward the curb at full lock.

2. Back up until the center of your inside rear tire aligns with the streetside edge of the forward car. Straighten wheel, continue to reverse.

3. When your outside tire aligns with that same edge, turn the wheel the other way.

4. If all went according to plan, you're in the space, bodywork intact. Get out and admire your work.

Yup this is very helpful, almost identical to what my friend point out to me years ago, have no problem since.

Always within a single action.

But what to do if no cars to gauge? [laugh]

[drivingcar] straight into lot lor

I am OK. [laugh]

I know of someone who can parallel park a goods van inside a narrow lot with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand on the clutch (manual transmission) with her head turning to and fro to check her mirrors and on-coming traffic from the sides. All in one attempt. Swee swee.

I happened to be her passenger on a number of occasions. Yes. It is a she. It is a lady driver/owner.

I am OK. [laugh]

I never drive a merc before, but surely a Camry. If you are talking abt handling, yes, there's different. But slow speed, can you tell me what difference does it make? I'm really curious.

13ft from front bumper to rear? That's like the length of a Swift. :D

What truck is that?

I bet you are unfamiliar with trucks. 13 feet refers to just the bed of the truck. A 13 feet truck is almost the length of a 7 series.

Turbocharged

I know of someone who can parallel park a goods van inside a narrow lot with one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand on the clutch (manual transmission) with her head turning to and fro to check her mirrors and on-coming traffic from the sides. All in one attempt. Swee swee.

I happened to be her passenger on a number of occasions. Yes. It is a she. It is a lady driver/owner.

I hope all valet drivers are at least half as good as her!! [sweatdrop]

No need poles la.. I still have decent skill to park properly first time, most of the time [grin]

ai put up the poles used during driving test mai? [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement