Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Neutral Newbie

The car can still operate without the istop but the technician will tell you your battery is weak . You will keep seeing the orange istop keep blinking, quite annoying if you look at the dash board.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Change of Tire.

Used my car for 1 year and 10 months. Technician said change tire outside.

205/55R16. Any bro here can recommend which tire to get ?

How much and where to get ?

FC

My FC is 600km+ per tank - SPC 95, (average shown on board is 8.2l). very close to 40,000 km. Thinking of changing to Honda Step Wagon after 8 years because no more mazda 5. But the FC I saw at their facebook was 400+. Their thank is 52litre. That is worse than our car.

Edited by Previousviosdriver
  • Praise 1

Hi all. I just got a jan15 m5. I saw a lot of people posting about TLW. Isit a appointed dealer by TEC or is just a workshop specializing in mazdas?

TLW is Tong Lee Wee Auto Accessories. This workshop do installation of the Pioneer Head unit for all our Mazda. 

So if there is any issue with your In Car Entertainment System, TEK also refer you back to TLW , 

Usual issue with our head unit, GPS is not working, the GPS module card come out , got error message or update the Map. ...

Need to book appointment or walk in to TLW ,,,,,no need to go to Mazda service center. 

Hope this help.

http://www.tongleewee.biz/

The car can still operate without the istop but the technician will tell you your battery is weak . You will keep seeing the orange istop keep blinking, quite annoying if you look at the dash board.

Some bro here did disable the i stop function totally,

I do not know the FC will be suffer how many %. 

However with disable the istop, u do not need to install the Mazda specified battery, u can just install any Amron, Panasonic or other battery .....with longer life span and cheaper price..... sound like a plan ?

And u will not need jerk here n there during stop and start in front of red light ....

And Air con is always blow in full power .....Cool ...

Change of Tire.

Used my car for 1 year and 10 months. Technician said change tire outside.

205/55R16. Any bro here can recommend which tire to get ?

How much and where to get ?

FC

My FC is 600km+ per tank - SPC 95, (average shown on board is 8.2l). very close to 40,000 km. Thinking of changing to Honda Step Wagon after 8 years because no more mazda 5. But the FC I saw at their facebook was 400+. Their thank is 52litre. That is worse than our car.

Just changed my tyres at Autobacs Dunearn to Michelin PS4 as they're having a promotion for buy 2 free 2. Works out to be about $129+ per tyre, which is the cheapest I've seen so far locally. Also added another $50 to do wheel alignment. If you need to replace tyre valve, which I strongly recommend to unless you have TPMS installed like my case, it'll be $1 per valve. Other perks changing at Autobacs is free lifetime tyre patching, Nitrogen gas refill and tyre rotation/balancing.

Just changed my tyres at Autobacs Dunearn to Michelin PS4 as they're having a promotion for buy 2 free 2. Works out to be about $129+ per tyre, which is the cheapest I've seen so far locally. Also added another $50 to do wheel alignment. If you need to replace tyre valve, which I strongly recommend to unless you have TPMS installed like my case, it'll be $1 per valve. Other perks changing at Autobacs is free lifetime tyre patching, Nitrogen gas refill and tyre rotation/balancing.

Glad that I check in today. Thanks Weewee 1976.

Weewee 1976, Does this tyre negatively affect your fuel consumption as compared to stock tire ?

Very popular, 205/55r16 no stock at ubi, no stock bukit batok autobacs. promotion ends this month.

Neutral Newbie

TLW is Tong Lee Wee Auto Accessories. This workshop do installation of the Pioneer Head unit for all our Mazda. 

So if there is any issue with your In Car Entertainment System, TEK also refer you back to TLW , 

Usual issue with our head unit, GPS is not working, the GPS module card come out , got error message or update the Map. ...

Need to book appointment or walk in to TLW ,,,,,no need to go to Mazda service center. 

Hope this help.

http://www.tongleewee.biz/

Hi Jacklenny, do you know if they also installed the papago car camera for our Mazda 5? I am exploring installing an extended battery for the car camera. Any good installers to recommend? Was in Mazda ubi for my 1,000KM service... advisor said warranty will be void if installer shorted any wiring :(

Any idea also if we can install cruise control for Mazda 5? Thanks! 

Hello, thank you for the information. I am considering to change my tires too. Are these set of tires on the quiet side?

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

I have been driving Mazda 5 for 1.5 yrs. This morning the istop was not functioning as in the light was totally off when qstarted the car engine. Anyone has encountered this before or can advise what went wrong? Is it ok to drive till Monday before going back to TEK as the service hotline was not reachable. TIA.

Hello, thank you for the information. I am considering to change my tires too. Are these set of tires on the quiet side?

Cheers

Michelin's Pilot Sport series are performance tyres, so don't expect them to be silent. If you want silent Michelin tyres, Primacy 3ST is the one to go for. To me, the road noise is still bearable as I personally prefer performance tyres. Previously had the Yokohama Advan dB on my previous car and the grip sucks although it's a very silent tyre (silent till 15k onwards and it got noisier and treadwear rate is terrible. Got to replace at 25k mileage, similar to the stock Toyo tyres of Mazda 5).

Personal experience so far is good. The tyre sidewall is stiffer as it's an extra-load rated tyre, and this compensates the soft suspension of Mazda 5, unlike the stock Toyo tyres with very soft sidewalls which made going over humps a nightmare if you go slightly faster. 

Very popular, 205/55r16 no stock at ubi, no stock bukit batok autobacs. promotion ends this month.

Got try Dunearn?

I have been driving Mazda 5 for 1.5 yrs. This morning the istop was not functioning as in the light was totally off when qstarted the car engine. Anyone has encountered this before or can advise what went wrong? Is it ok to drive till Monday before going back to TEK as the service hotline was not reachable. TIA.

Battery weak. Time to change.

Hi Jacklenny, do you know if they also installed the papago car camera for our Mazda 5? I am exploring installing an extended battery for the car camera. Any good installers to recommend? Was in Mazda ubi for my 1,000KM service... advisor said warranty will be void if installer shorted any wiring :(

Any idea also if we can install cruise control for Mazda 5? Thanks! 

Yes .... I believe so ...

the skyactive Mazda 5 do not come with cruise control .. the non skyacitve model do come with cruise control ...

.i am not too sure whether u can go buy the module and get workshop to install for u ...

Any other bro have feedback ? 

So far Michelin Pilot Super Sport and Pirelli P zero 4 serve me well.

A bit expensive as both is performance tyres.  The best thing abt these 2 tyres is their wall thickness is tough not like Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is soft, with our 1.5 ton car ....better to get tough wall thickness tyres. 

There will be Latest Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ,,,,,,i heard it will be very good ......

(edited)

So far Michelin Pilot Super Sport and Pirelli P zero 4 serve me well.

A bit expensive as both is performance tyres.  The best thing abt these 2 tyres is their wall thickness is tough not like Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is soft, with our 1.5 ton car ....better to get tough wall thickness tyres. 

There will be Latest Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ,,,,,,i heard it will be very good ......

Not really bro. The PS4 for our profile is rated extra load one. So its side wall is definitely sitffer, at least compared to the stock Toyo.

PS4S is for 18" and above from what I understand.

Edited by Weewee1976

Not really bro. The PS4 for our profile is rated extra load one. So its side wall is definitely sitffer, at least compared to the stock Toyo.

PS4S is for 18" and above from what I understand.

Bro...if u have a chance to compare ps4 with pss and pzero 4 side by side on the tyres wall thickness ..then u know what i means..

There are many tyres are state extra load include d thailand brands tyres but they are not equal stiffness at side wall...

No offense, soft side wall won't kill anyone...just that it will wear a bit fastest with our heavy load..u can put in a bit more tyre pressure n check frequently will do...

(edited)

Cheers

Our stock tyre 205/55 R16 :-

http://www.toyotires.eu/tire/pattern/toyo-j48c

- fuel tank : E

- wet driving : C

- noise level : 68 dB

Michelin PS4 205/55 R16 :-

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-4

- fuel tank : C

- wet driving : A

- noise level : 71 dB

Edited by Previousviosdriver