Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

based on my 1 year experience with my 2013 M5

i shall share the below pointers for you guys...

cruise control - not really necessary in Singapore

- unless u travel KPE everyday where 70km/h or travel up NS highway Msia.

Keyless entry is a must, Mine didnt come with it so I installed aftermarket keyless entry.

Push-start-

Its really convenient to have it.

But when sometimes you want to crank engine in morning to warm up your car.(Usually i stand outside before car warm up)

Using Key is easier as to activate push start u need to press the brake pedal before pushing the "start" button.

Auto Sliding doors.

- its really good for kids/old folks

but sometimes when u use Auto sliding door must also take note of the distance of the gap as it may hit the sidewall in some underground or hdb MSCP (usually if you park at the extreme end). I hit one time luckily the stain mark can be polish away.

- its dangerous to use auto slide doors when u travel to m'sia. coz robbers can take advantage of the time lag for "Auto" to close door and rush into your vehicle.

Rust- some parts near the sliding door can see a bit of rust, but i use WD40, so far okay..

2nd row aircon is good enough, so far no complains for 3rd row passengers.

Occasionally some squeaky sounds at the rear suspension when going over big humps at slightly fast speed.

anyway i just go slow and no sound afterwhich.

Overall I like the car as handling, the looks, it really drives like a saloon car even at full load...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

based on my 1 year experience with my 2013 M5

i shall share the below pointers for you guys...

cruise control - not really necessary in Singapore

- unless u travel KPE everyday where 70km/h or travel up NS highway Msia.

Keyless entry is a must, Mine didnt come with it so I installed aftermarket keyless entry.

Push-start-

Its really convenient to have it.

But when sometimes you want to crank engine in morning to warm up your car.(Usually i stand outside before car warm up)

Using Key is easier as to activate push start u need to press the brake pedal before pushing the "start" button.

Auto Sliding doors.

- its really good for kids/old folks

but sometimes when u use Auto sliding door must also take note of the distance of the gap as it may hit the sidewall in some underground or hdb MSCP (usually if you park at the extreme end). I hit one time luckily the stain mark can be polish away.

- its dangerous to use auto slide doors when u travel to m'sia. coz robbers can take advantage of the time lag for "Auto" to close door and rush into your vehicle.

Rust- some parts near the sliding door can see a bit of rust, but i use WD40, so far okay..

2nd row aircon is good enough, so far no complains for 3rd row passengers.

Occasionally some squeaky sounds at the rear suspension when going over big humps at slightly fast speed.

anyway i just go slow and no sound afterwhich.

Overall I like the car as handling, the looks, it really drives like a saloon car even at full load...

Can advise what is the fuel consumption?

• Praise 1

Bro u never read the previous messages in the forum.

I feedback around 11km/litre 70% highway.

but now skyactive model so should be doing better..

cheers!

Can advise what is the fuel consumption?

Neutral Newbie

Bro u never read the previous messages in the forum.

I feedback around 11km/litre 70% highway.

but now skyactive model so should be doing better..

cheers!

Thanks bro!din really see your previous post.am considering whether to go for this model or Wish.

Thanks bro!din really see your previous post.am considering whether to go for this model or Wish.

I personnelly think Wish is a better choice if you can afford the higher price

Neutral Newbie

I personnelly think Wish is a better choice if you can afford the higher price

Price wise,the difference between the 2 models is still within my budget.but love the sliding doors,rear aircon and the handling for the M5 as well as the arm rest for the rear passengers if sits two pax only.Wish offers a higher resale value and a slightly bigger space for 2nd row if it sits 3 pax.really in a dilemma.

Go for M5 bro!

Many taxi using wish.. sometime fren may mistaken you as taxi driver.. just kidding

no of-fence to wish drivers here.. [sweatdrop]

Price wise,the difference between the 2 models is still within my budget.but love the sliding doors,rear aircon and the handling for the M5 as well as the arm rest for the rear passengers if sits two pax only.Wish offers a higher resale value and a slightly bigger space for 2nd row if it sits 3 pax.really in a dilemma.

Just go with your heart, Mz 5 is a good car too.

The spare tyre for BM wish can only be accessible from underneath the car. While M5 spare tyre is accessible from the rear door....You cant predict when u need to change tyre when tyre puncture. It may sounds stupid for some of you. But for those who encounter tyre puncture, this may mean important to you.

For your consideration....

Does anybody know the current price for Mazda 5 including guranteed COE? Thnak you.

I think its about $127k now, top up another 3k (or 5k) for 2 bids guaranteed. Best is to approach their SE.

I'm also interested in the Mazda 5. Was going through SGMC forum, seems like the after-sales isn't very good.

Can anyone share your experience with the after-sales?

Any current owners of the Mazda 5 SkyActiv care to share your views on reliability of the car?

Had taken a look at Wish. The design quite turns me off and no 2nd row aircon but my in laws are still leaning towards the Toyota and Honda marques.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Go for M5 bro!

Many taxi using wish.. sometime fren may mistaken you as taxi driver.. just kidding

no of-fence to wish drivers here.. [sweatdrop]

That's why my wifey said too.Too many Wish Taxis around :D But then again,seems that there is not much new M5 one the road as they are easily recognized with the new rear light design and the Nagare flowing lines design on the side door which I find it to be quite striking.Only problem is if there is a accident/big dent on the side door,I wonder how is the panel beater at the workshop going to reconstruct the same design back on the door.

Actually I've seen quite a number of new M5s on the road recently,

The flowing line design makes the car stand out, don't worry as long as you park your car cautiously, bents and knocks will be minimize,

in fact I've one dent seems nothing from far, but only to see it more visibly at certain angles. Maybe the curvy design playing tricks on my eyes.. :D

That's why my wifey said too.Too many Wish Taxis around :D But then again,seems that there is not much new M5 one the road as they are easily recognized with the new rear light design and the Nagare flowing lines design on the side door which I find it to be quite striking.Only problem is if there is a accident/big dent on the side door,I wonder how is the panel beater at the workshop going to reconstruct the same design back on the door.

So far after-sales (3 times servicing at Leng Kee) okay, no problem except one time they forget to return me my maintenance book,

Toyota/Honda have been known been reliable and parts readily available on market,

Best is the driver and passengers go down for a test drive and ride and make a comparison,

I'm sure you will get the answer.. else test drive 2nd time also should be no issue :D

I'm also interested in the Mazda 5. Was going through SGMC forum, seems like the after-sales isn't very good.

Can anyone share your experience with the after-sales?

Any current owners of the Mazda 5 SkyActiv care to share your views on reliability of the car?

Had taken a look at Wish. The design quite turns me off and no 2nd row aircon but my in laws are still leaning towards the Toyota and Honda marques.

Read your past posts, did you get agent to check your squeaking rear suspensions?

Reliability I think should not be an issue with Jap car.. I am so afraid of bells and whistles now. The more electronics, the more worries. Like a time bomb which I read in another thread.

The current Mz5 has no Start Stop button. Now it's key which I am absolutely fine (due to the above statement).

Test drive Mz5 already, test drive 2nd time with my wife already also [laugh]

Haven't tried the Wish though. Maybe will make a trip down tomorrow.

Do you know if AD will kpkb if go outside do servicing after the 3 foc servicings?

Still, the 2 airbags! [bounce1]

So far after-sales (3 times servicing at Leng Kee) okay, no problem except one time they forget to return me my maintenance book,

Toyota/Honda have been known been reliable and parts readily available on market,

Best is the driver and passengers go down for a test drive and ride and make a comparison,

I'm sure you will get the answer.. else test drive 2nd time also should be no issue :D

Edited by Wiiuwii

very confuse leh,

Mazda5, Mazda Biante, Mazda8 all are MPV,

why did mazda luanch so many models in same category? [hur]

↡ Advertisement