Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

Are you a newbie to car ownership?

The problem number 1, 5, and 6 are normal for alot of cars. In fact I would be happy if mine could achieve that. Only engine mount seems to be qualified as problematic. The other 2 problems you get when you are unlucky. So overall still wonderful.

Mazda5 1st gen, litany of problems before scrapped: Servicing done at AD for 10 years.

1. Tires wear out from inside every 2 years due to negative camber

2. ECU died on 5th year

3. Gearbox died on 5th year

4. Engine mount cracked and broke every 2 years after 4th year

5. Battery died every two years.

6. Headlamp bulbs changed every 3 years.

7. Ignition coils died on 9th year.

I gave up.

Otherwise,

1. Yes, stable even to 140 kmph.

2. Ok lah.. not deadly silent but not like sitting on tarmac. Tires choice important in noise factor.

3. Is 1 hour long journey. Then, no, not for 3rd row.

4. Don't know, mine not skyactiv.

5. Depend on your foot power. Got motorcyclist stared at me for ramping faster than his bike from traffic light.

6. Ubi guys changed my transmission fluid. Next day, car park lot flooded with pink color liquid. Pick your service advisor carefully and the workshop carefully.

7. Pleasure to drive, zoom zoom zoom feel.

• Praise 1

Bro you looking at this old model?
If so take look at this
old m5 (4565 x 1755 x 1615) mm
current m5 (4585 x 1750 x 1615) mm
Toyota wish (4590 x 1720 x 1590) mm
width is about 30mm more if comparing new model,
btw this picture you took the new Wish parked so near to old m5...

Saw a M5 and a Wish side by side. M5 looks slightly bigger.

I'm using After market pioneer 8650bt with reverse camera no issue. If using iphone also can use Apple Carplay.. <== good

add on DVBT tuner also okay...plus add on module for using wheels music control

is any Mazda5 owner install touchscreen player with reverse camera? is it possible to do it?

Bro you looking at this old model?
If so take look at this
old m5 (4565 x 1755 x 1615) mm
current m5 (4585 x 1750 x 1615) mm
Toyota wish (4590 x 1720 x 1590) mm
width is about 30mm more if comparing new model,
btw this picture you took the new Wish parked so near to old m5...

LOL....frankly, I thought M5 all look similar, with some facelift. I was comparing the overall size. So, M5 is shorter, higher & fatter.

I'm using After market pioneer 8650bt with reverse camera no issue. If using iphone also can use Apple Carplay.. <== good

add on DVBT tuner also okay...plus add on module for using wheels music control

Thank you for your feedback... visited the showroom this afternoon. The car comes with the Pioneer AVH-X2650BT + reverse camera according to SE.

LOL....frankly, I thought M5 all look similar, with some facelift. I was comparing the overall size. So, M5 is shorter, higher & fatter.

Test drove M5 and Wish, though the physical size doesn't differ much, but Wish does give a more spacious feeling when sitting in it, and 3rd row is more comfortable. However, Wish is noisier car as compared to M5. M5 equipped with 2x sliding door which is handy for some family usage. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for your feedback... visited the showroom this afternoon. The car comes with the Pioneer AVH-X2650BT + reverse camera according to SE.

Test drove M5 and Wish, though the physical size doesn't differ much, but Wish does give a more spacious feeling when sitting in it, and 3rd row is more comfortable. However, Wish is noisier car as compared to M5. M5 equipped with 2x sliding door which is handy for some family usage. Just my 2 cents.

Buy whichever car you are comfortable with. Wife like the gold color of the Toyota Wish, but it has only one AC - at the front and it took a while to feel it at the third row. We eventually settle for M5 mainly for the sliding door and the seat configuration the fits our family needs. as for the radio, Pioneer - I trade up for a slightly better Pioneer HU from the installer( yup- u are allowed to do it). Been driving M5 for more than 2 months now. A good car, not my first choice( Nissan Xtrail !!!) but family choice. All ok for now. Yup M5 is quieter than Wish.

• Praise 1

Buy whichever car you are comfortable with. Wife like the gold color of the Toyota Wish, but it has only one AC - at the front and it took a while to feel it at the third row. We eventually settle for M5 mainly for the sliding door and the seat configuration the fits our family needs. as for the radio, Pioneer - I trade up for a slightly better Pioneer HU from the installer( yup- u are allowed to do it). Been driving M5 for more than 2 months now. A good car, not my first choice( Nissan Xtrail !!!) but family choice. All ok for now. Yup M5 is quieter than Wish.

Interesting to know that you trade up the HU from the installer. Mind to share how you do it? Did you trade it before collecting the car (through the SE) or did you trade it with another installer? Which model you trade up to?

How do you find the car so far?

Is there any M5 related forum/fb?

the car driveability is good. Smooth tranmission/acceleration and pretty good handling and grip on the road. the rear aircon and sliding doors are useful.

however some things i found annoying

1. the rear muffler is too low for the kerbs when parking. it kept hitting and has that screeching sound when you move off

2. 3rd row seat are not spacious for full grown adult. however it is not a problem for me since the kids/teenagers fill up the 3rd row

3. fm stereo are not that good probably due to the antenna. you can hear distorted noise sometimes when listening to the radio

there is no M5 related forum/fb. kindly share if anyone knows

Good to hear you enjoyed the M5. I scrapped my M5 in end April and up to now my family still miss the feeling of the M5. Now driving Nissan Sylphy as M5 is too expensive to buy in March. Something to take note when reversing, don't reverse too far back. When driving towards hump, please step brake and really slow down.

• Praise 1

Yup I was driving a Latio for 9.5 years, M5 is different, I require an MPV - need space for the 3 kids ... New Sylphy looks abit like face lifted Latio , miss the Elecantra seats, foot parking brakes and keyless drive !!!

Tong Lee Wee Auto was the installer -they are contractor to install the pioneer Unit on M5... not the cheapest but I think the only one that take your current unit for an upgrade... You can upgrade to other pioneer unit or other make. I upgraded to AVH-X5750BT.

M5 whine abit during starts up .... not sure it is me or the car.. will check with the mechanic during 5k servicing.

High, 240K. Wear and tear I expected. But struts holding the engine to the car frame also consider consumable items? It's like saying that the pillars and beams holding up your house is consumable item.

Yes, learn my lesson, MIJ not all equal. Some are more reliable than others. Returning to Toyota brand. Waiting for Altis price to drop, but need to wait long long, target price far far away. [laugh]

Well, hopefully MIT is better than MIJ!

from the length of your Mz5 ownership and the mileage chalked up over the years, was it tough for you and your family to make the switch to public transport?

from the length of your Mz5 ownership and the mileage chalked up over the years, was it tough for you and your family to make the switch to public transport?

Still chasing after me with your sly questions [laugh]

Go read my posts. The high mileage was incur because my first public housing was way up in the north without any train system and expressways; advantage of pioneer status. Those years, the car put in something like 30K km a year. Make no sense to me after looking at the time cost, rising petrol cost and rising car prices and my age.

Shift everything nearer to where we need to be. Enjoying life without a car. :a-m1212:

Can you satisfy my curiosity? What do you hope to achieve, find me a fraud or a scamster? Someone in the trade sabo'ing everyone else? [confused]

Will that change the data that have been presented and the analytical approach use to investigate the demands and car prices?

You seems to demand a lot of openness from someone else but pretty secretive yourself? :ph34r:

Edited by Limwsv

Yup I was driving a Latio for 9.5 years, M5 is different, I require an MPV - need space for the 3 kids ... New Sylphy looks abit like face lifted Latio , miss the Elecantra seats, foot parking brakes and keyless drive !!!

Tong Lee Wee Auto was the installer -they are contractor to install the pioneer Unit on M5... not the cheapest but I think the only one that take your current unit for an upgrade... You can upgrade to other pioneer unit or other make. I upgraded to AVH-X5750BT.

M5 whine abit during starts up .... not sure it is me or the car.. will check with the mechanic during 5k servicing.

what the default HU? our Mazda8 came with that by default.

by the way, are you able to play video with the HU? we try use thumb drive or connect iphone etc all cannot. damm frustrating.

Still chasing after me with your sly questions [laugh]

Go read my posts. The high mileage was incur because my first public housing was way up in the north without any train system and expressways; advantage of pioneer status. Those years, the car put in something like 30K km a year. Make no sense to me after looking at the time cost, rising petrol cost and rising car prices and my age.

Shift everything nearer to where we need to be. Enjoying life without a car. :a-m1212:

Can you satisfy my curiosity? What do you hope to achieve, find me a fraud or a scamster? Someone in the trade sabo'ing everyone else? [confused]

Will that change the data that have been presented and the analytical approach use to investigate the demands and car prices?

You seems to demand a lot of openness from someone else but pretty secretive yourself? :ph34r:

i very simple not sly

my obj is to understand the background behind the man hiding behind all that analyses

btw given that AD servicings/repairs are often more expensive than 3rd party workshops, i am surprised that you stuck with them for 10 years given your inclination towards saving money

:D

i very simple not sly

my obj is to understand the background behind the man hiding behind all that analyses

btw given that AD servicings/repairs are often more expensive than 3rd party workshops, i am surprised that you stuck with them for 10 years given your inclination towards saving money

:D

Of course you are sly. [;)] You like to use innuendoes. I use to have ex-colleagues of this sort, so I understand how their minds work.

Seriously, why bother to psychoanalyze me? Am I some sort of opponent that you are vying against? Do you imagine that these forums are super influential and have massive impact beyond these fratricidal circles of ours? And I threaten the dominance?

Base on your BTW, your analysis of me give a result that I am cheap! [:p]

Cool!

↡ Advertisement