Mazda 5 - requesting owners feedback

Dgeralds

I bet most of us HU comes with the GPS software, right?

My HU is Pioneer AVH-X2750BT, installed with Galactico map.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anybody managed to set the HU so that everytime, the system starts and always go to the 'home'/'main' screen rather than staying at the Map screen? I'd tried to 'not' run the GPS software, however, the screen still stay on that GPS mode, with map engine not started.

2) Any information on how to update the map or install other map? I'm trying to search online..but have not found anything yet this far.

↡ Advertisement

My wife loves the signaling sound. I especially like the horn sound. We both like the boom door sound.

does anybody knows how to turn off the gps auto connect when starting the engine ?

the front centre aircons is for row 2, pointing straight? The rear aircon is for row 3, pointing up or down ?

there is hole below row 2, can the rear aircon blow via that hole to row 3?

My wife loves the signaling sound. I especially like the horn sound. We both like the boom door sound.

I like the boom door sound too.

does anybody knows how to turn off the gps auto connect when starting

When the GPS connect up, go to setting -> Exit.

You'll come to a console screen with 2 icons: Navigation & Setup.

Go to 'Setup', then " Navigation Setup", deselect the ' Start whether run navigation software automatically'.

That would stop the navigation to connect up. But, it will remain at the console navigation page.

the front centre aircon is too weak for row 2 at level 1 speed. i use it to point towards the front passenger and myself.

i used rear aircon for row 2 and row 3. Pointing up for both rows

if the rear aircon is pointed down, it makes no sense blowing cold air downward toward the passengers feet.

Not sure if I have post this before. In US, the highest grade is 91 Octane and they have many Mazda 5 there too. My feel is that, higher grades provide more responsive engine, but use more fuel.

For my previous Wish, I pump 92 in SG but 97 in MY. For 92, the car was more sluggish but gave me consistent >12km/L mileage. For half tank 97 and half tank 92, I could feel a more responsive car but mileage was consistently 10-11km/L. Both were compared on Singapore road with 50% highway. That Wish (not mine now) is still going strong, now at its 11th year.

hi kmttan, my house used to have 2 vios. I pump shell 98. My feeling is that it last longer distance than 95. The car is more powerful when it is full tank compared to 1/4 tank. Vios fuel tank gauge shows longest top bar when the car is full and gradually become short when the car is empty. The top bar lasts for 120km (shell 98), and second bar lasts 80km I think (both highway malaysia). Normally I pump petrol when the distance travelled is around 500km (left 2-3 bars).

I know my car was not wish. But maybe my experience is the same as someone else here.

I use V-power in Malaysia. what is the equivalent octane in Singapore ?

I bet most of us HU comes with the GPS software, right?

My HU is Pioneer AVH-X2750BT, installed with Galactico map.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anybody managed to set the HU so that everytime, the system starts and always go to the 'home'/'main' screen rather than staying at the Map screen? I'd tried to 'not' run the GPS software, however, the screen still stay on that GPS mode, with map engine not started.

2) Any information on how to update the map or install other map? I'm trying to search online..but have not found anything yet this far.

Just to share, I'd called Pioneer service centre and they're really helpful.

All you have to do is press & hold the 'Mode' key...then power up the HU (ACC/Engine ON), wait for awhile and HU will go into 'Main Screen'.... HU will memorize this setting and the next time you start your HU, that's the place it will remain.

I'd tested this solution and proved successfully on my HU.

i-stop

-------

Does your engine restart even when you are stepping on the brake ?

Can the sensitivity of the i-stop be tweak ?

How much fuel is used to restart engine ?

Do I have to change spark plug more frequently ?​

How to turn off the i-stop permanently ?

i-stop

-------

Does your engine restart even when you are stepping on the brake ?

Can the sensitivity of the i-stop be tweak ?

How much fuel is used to restart engine ?

Do I have to change spark plug more frequently ?​

How to turn off the i-stop permanently ?

Yes. The i-stop is really sensitive, even if you move very lightly, the engine restart again.

I'd checked the user manual, but, nothing mention abt adjusting the possibility of adjusting sensitivity. I planned to check with the workshop on my 1k servicing.

Not sure how much fuel is used to restart the engine, but, should not be a lot. I'm more concerned on the battery life though.

Personally, i don't think this will have significant impact on the life of the spark plug. The no of i-stop restart the engine vs the no of the time the spark plug is commonly use, the ratio should be very small.

I'd checked with SE, there is no way to permanently turn it off, partially because this is one of the 'feature' of Skyactive.

Just to share, I'd called Pioneer service centre and they're really helpful.

All you have to do is press & hold the 'Mode' key...then power up the HU (ACC/Engine ON), wait for awhile and HU will go into 'Main Screen'.... HU will memorize this setting and the next time you start your HU, that's the place it will remain.

I'd tested this solution and proved successfully on my HU.

Updates:

My HU did work yesterday, I tested it a few times. However, everything goes back to original again this morning.

Hi all,

I collected my M5 in Jan 2015 and has driven happily till now. I have been pumping Esso 5000, using the dbs esso card(17%) and fuel consumption has been on the average 10.8Km/l(60%hw/40%city). FC was bad during the 1st 5000km, can be as low as 9Km/l. It is normal to me now.As mentioned by the other M5 drivers, power is smooth and I just love it!

May I check for the drivers of M5, if you do find the road noise loud for a new car? I have been thinking of doing sound proofing but didn't have the guts due to the warranty issues.

May I also ask if you upgrade the speakers, do you place the tweeters back at the same position?

I also like to share some feedbacks. during the last few months of driving, I have been hearing some "tiak tiak sound" from the back, more to the rear left door. I have been trying to catch the problem and I highlighted to the mechanics at UBI Mazda. They thought some wire may not have been secure properly on the rear left door but noise was still present. Finally, I started meddling with the 2nd row seats and kept the middle seat. The sound went away. I conclude it may be the rubbing of the leather seats or something like that.

Thank you guys for all the info! It is so wonderful to share experience!

Have a wonderful day to all!

cheers!!! [laugh]

i found the road noise to be lesser when i did my sound insulated on my 4 doors. i did it when upgrading the speakers.

the tweeters are installed using tweeter pods. i do not use the placement of the oem tweeters to install the aftermarket ones.

i do not experience any weird sound on the rear doors.

i-stop is supposed to save petrol during start-stops at traffic junctions. However, under a hot weather, the air-con switch off during the i-stop activation and makes the interior warm and uneasy. i usually do not deactivate the i-stop.

Updates:

My HU did work yesterday, I tested it a few times. However, everything goes back to original again this morning.

Just an update on this matter: I'd tried the setup again on the 05th Sept. And till today, it's working fine.

I guess, I didn't do it the right way the last time (though I tested it), or I may have touch something to make it not working.

I was on NSH, managed to get the FC for 99.9% highway (0.01 for service stop break). I was on Ron 97, 3 adults & 3 kids, 1 small cabin size luggage, with most of the time both aircond turned on (back: low, front :25 & 2 bar), ave speed 110kph. FC is 13km/l.

On the way back, with similar setting & fuel, but, 4 adults & 3 kids, ave speed 115-120kph: FC 11.3km/l.

Anybody has good place (online/shop) that sell accessories of M5?

I'd been looking even on Taobao also can't seems to find a good selection of them.

Edited by Erictl76

Erict76

Wow, fantastic results. I am so encourage. 780km per tank. Singapore to penang only 708km. I always suspect less petrol is used at higher gear because I am consistently monitoring the current avg/100km.

2.15km / litre less than stated FC (combined).

I tried looking for mazda net and cover online. But they only serve USA. I bought a non-mazda cargo net for $25. Fitting is not good. At least it holds items from failing when the back door is opened.

Erict76

Wow, fantastic results. I am so encourage. 780km per tank. Singapore to penang only 708km. I always suspect less petrol is used at higher gear because I am consistently monitoring the current avg/100km.

I tried looking for mazda net and cover online. But they only serve USA. I bought a non-mazda cargo net for $25. Fitting is not good. At least it holds items from failing when the back door is opened.

I may buy a net 'said' to be used by M5 on taobao.

I'm looking for some enclosure that can fit into the cup holder/the hole above the back aircond outlets, which comes with cover.

I wish that there is at least a drawer type small compartment that I can store all my 'cards'...TnG, Cashcard, Petrol discount cards..etc..

Erict76

I may buy a net 'said' to be compatible by M5 on taobao.

I'm looking for some enclosure that can fit into the cup holder/the hole above the back aircond outlets, which comes with cover.

I wish that there is at least a drawer type small compartment that I can store all my 'cards'...TnG, Cashcard, Petrol discount cards..etc..

When I was driving on NSH, i found more on the wind noise than road noise, probably because I installed the window visor.

The road noise, as compared to my previous car, is much better. Tyre probably the main reason for the road noise.

Anybody has any idea what's the original speakers that's installed in the car? Pioneer, papercone?

Edited by Erictl76

Bro, can u advice where u fix the visors for m5?

I may buy a net 'said' to be compatible by M5 on taobao.

When I was driving on NSH, i found more on the wind noise than road noise, probably because I installed the window visor.

The road noise, as compared to my previous car, is much better. Tyre probably the main reason for the road noise.

Anybody has any idea what's the original speakers that's installed in the car? Pioneer, papercone?

Bro, can u advice where u fix the visors for m5?

I bought it from taobao, then diy...

I know that Tong Lee Wee Auto seems to carry them. But, not sure the price.

http://www.tongleewee.biz/

I'm not related or having any business relationship with them. Just sharing info that I'd gathered.

↡ Advertisement