Parallel imported Toyota Estima Servicing

Extremme

(edited)

Hi guys,

First time purchasing an Estima from a PI. Am thinking that I should be going to those reputable servicing centres like Stamford Tyres or Autobacs regularly. Is there any recommendations? Thus far I only know of these 2. The reason why I cited these 2 is because they have more state of the art machines as compared to those smaller one?? (Pls correct me if I am wrong)

Thks.

Edited by Laserjet
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

First time purchasing an Estima from a PI. Am thinking that I should be going to those reputable servicing centres like Stamford Tyres or Autobacs regularly. Is there any recommendations? Thus far I only know of these 2. The reason why I cited these 2 is because they have more state of the art machines as compared to those smaller one?? (Pls correct me if I am wrong)

Thks.

If your Estima were under warranty from the PI, its unlikely they will allow you to do your servicing with other workshop during the warranty period, otherwise they will void the warranty. However, if no warranty coverage, then you can try Riverview Auto in AMK Autopoint where you will get good service at reasonable prices.

disclaimer : no personal relationship with Riverview, just a satisfied customer....

normal servicing includes change engine oil, oil filter, check/replace air filter. and maybe reset the service light. Some service lights can be reset without using any tools, some may need an OBD tool.

In other words unless under warranty, just find a convenient place to service your car! Talk to the mechanics to ensure they are experienced. I have my Volvo serviced at various places including Autobacs. And have not been to the "tall khor" for years as it would be 2-3 times more expensive. And the car still runs well.

Thks alot guys for the feedback.I will check if it will void warranty.

Any recommended workshop in the west? I always thought those smaller workshops does not have much equipment to do major servicing etc then I am wrong ;p

Thks alot guys for the feedback.I will check if it will void warranty.

Any recommended workshop in the west? I always thought those smaller workshops does not have much equipment to do major servicing etc then I am wrong ;p

Regular servicing isn't tough for most of the workshop in Singapore. Unless you are talking engine rebuilding and overhauling. Which I suspect you will not need as yours is a new ride.

Hi guys,

Thks.

There are smaller workshops that are just as capable of doing a good servicing job for your Estima or even better as compared to Stamford or Autobacs. You can try to do some research in the SGCM directory by reading the reviews and select a workshop.

• Praise 1

regular servicing.. just buy engine oil and filter.. go JB pay rm20 for later. go pump and shopping after that.

Neutral Newbie

Hey sorry Extremme for taking a jump at your post.

However, I'm new here but I really need some help/ advice.

I have a 7-8 year VIOS and received this package deal that entitles me to 1 major servicing and 1 standard servicing for $365.

They have also thrown in $100 repair voucher.

Do you guys think its worth it? should i take it ?

Please help !

Thank you.

Hey sorry Extremme for taking a jump at your post.

However, I'm new here but I really need some help/ advice.

I have a 7-8 year VIOS and received this package deal that entitles me to 1 major servicing and 1 standard servicing for $365.

They have also thrown in $100 repair voucher.

Do you guys think its worth it? should i take it ?

Please help !

Thank you.

any hidden gimmicks and what does the package offer you ? eg: what kind of parts? what will they check within the package? Any terms and condition? Some workshop give you package that are too good to be true but have hidden gimmicks. Find out more before committing the package.

Neutral Newbie

any hidden gimmicks and what does the package offer you ? eg: what kind of parts? what will they check within the package? Any terms and condition? Some workshop give you package that are too good to be true but have hidden gimmicks. Find out more before committing the package.

The standard would include a thorough 35-point check which comprises of all necessary checks and adjustments.

Parts & Material replacement: Engine oil, oil filter, drain plug gasket

Check & top-up/ adjustment for engine/ brake and clutches/ chassis/ electrical

The major would include 50-point check which comprises of diagnostic tests and inspections.

Parts & Material replacement: Engine oil, oil filter, drain plug gasket, air filter, brake/ clutch fluid, transmission fluid, engine coolant, differential fluid, spark plugs (standard)

Check & Top-up / adjustment: engine/ brake and clutches/ chassis/ electrical

i know the $100 repair voucher can only be used if repairs cost over a certain amount.

Other than that doesnt seem to have any other hidden gimmicks.

3rd Gear

Provide the name or initial of the shop will be better.. Some "black" shops after the point checks will ask you to change unnecessary things at exorbitant prices

The standard would include a thorough 35-point check which comprises of all necessary checks and adjustments.

The major would include 50-point check which comprises of diagnostic tests and inspections.

Parts & Material replacement: Engine oil, oil filter, drain plug gasket, air filter, brake/ clutch fluid, transmission fluid, engine coolant, differential fluid, spark plugs (standard)

i know the $100 repair voucher can only be used if repairs cost over a certain amount.

• Praise 1

they can say 10000 point check but the truth is..most of them dont check. if they actually check...they are looking for parts to ask you to replace.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Provide the name or initial of the shop will be better.. Some "black" shops after the point checks will ask you to change unnecessary things at exorbitant prices

Oh ! this is actually an offer package i received from BMS. Not quite sure if the price was worth my return or if i could find much better deals elsewhere.

If you ask me if i will take up. the answer is no. I would not go for all these package which is simply waste of time. And how many times can you go for this package? If is a one time off than forget it. No point. From what i see those check check points are waste of time, they just go thru the motion like what some other bro here say that even if they check they will find something to ask you to replace and charge you high. Normal servicing you can also ask mech to check the points. To me no point in taking up packages.

• Praise 2

Honestly, packages are all gimmicks to me. What matters the most is the servicing should be done properly and checks are being done truthfully.

• Praise 1

Honestly, packages are all gimmicks to me. What matters the most is the servicing should be done properly and checks are being done truthfully.

+1 to that. I think likewise.

↡ Advertisement