Two lose HDB flats for renting them to tourists

Jman888

What to do? Many locals especially those hitting 40's have difficulty finding employment with decent sustainable income. That's the only last resort. Am sure most will not want to compromise on their privacy, but when situation calls for, no choice.

↡ Advertisement

Home stay by tourists is the trend, what's wrong with renting a day or 2 to tourists?

Green-eyed monsters dun like people who make fast buck?

Yes yes, we are green eyed, whoooopeee!

Fine big big and confiscate the unit best!

HDB is for more deserving people not to profiteer.

(edited)

What to do? Many locals especially those hitting 40's have difficulty finding employment with decent sustainable income. That's the only last resort. Am sure most will not want to compromise on their privacy, but when situation calls for, no choice.

rent out a room for yearly contract cannot meh? doing tourist income lagi unstable right?

i bet those people have private condo and never stay there.

Edited by Jman888

(edited)

Home stay by tourists is the trend, what's wrong with renting a day or 2 to tourists?

I am sure if your neighbours are doing that day in day out, you won't be so liberal. Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

I am sure if your neighbours are doing that day in day out, you won't be so liberal.

Chicken coop is worse. In fact my next door neighbour who's hiding from loan sharks have rented out their entire flat to quite a few foreigners already. So far so good. A Pakistani, an Indian from Punjab region and the latest one, a Serbian guy an his girlfriend. The first 2 were okay but this 3rd guy a rather heavy smoker.

Supersonic

If I'm not wrong, losing your flat doesn't mean $0.

What HDB does is to return a certain amount (probably valuation) back to the owner's CPF.

Correct me if I'm wrong :D.

Another problem is overcrowding due to rental. It's amazing when you see almost half a platoon of different faces go in and out of 1 unit all the time [shakehead]

From what i prev understand, they "re-possess" back at 90% of valuation, nett.

Turbocharged

From what i prev understand, they "re-possess" back at 90% of valuation, nett.

I see, that's not too bad for repossessing.

I wonder if HDB will sell at the discounted price [lipsrsealed]

Kena repossess is one thing, I dun think they are allowed to purchase another flat.

Supersonic

Red Eyes is a nationwide pandemic.

Also based on the technicality that only HDB owns the flat. The so called owner is but a lessee.

But of course whether today's prices reflects that of a lessee leasing public housing, that is a seperate matter...

the 10% off valuation is the less jialat part. The brutal part is the COV paid.... [crazy][bigcry] back then... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

If I'm not wrong, losing your flat doesn't mean $0.

What HDB does is to return a certain amount (probably valuation) back to the owner's CPF.

Correct me if I'm wrong :D.

Another problem is overcrowding due to rental. It's amazing when you see almost half a platoon of different faces go in and out of 1 unit all the time [shakehead]

correct!!! mean HDB pay owner back 90% of purchase price.

in short owner lose 10% capital excluding loan interests

Chicken coop is worse. In fact my next door neighbour who's hiding from loan sharks have rented out their entire flat to quite a few foreigners already. So far so good. A Pakistani, an Indian from Punjab region and the latest one, a Serbian guy an his girlfriend. The first 2 were okay but this 3rd guy a rather heavy smoker.

AH HA! Now I found out the neighbour is subletting out his whole flat illegally. He has yet to fulfil his MOP and already renting out his flat. Any bro knows the consequences for this? I'm disgusted by this group of tenants indian/blanga FWs who are very rowdy and litter all over the corridor, staircase and lift lobby. They are turning this place into a slum.

Am waiting for turn to see MP at MPS, see whether he can help.

AH HA! Now I found out the neighbour is subletting out his whole flat illegally. He has yet to fulfil his MOP and already renting out his flat. Any bro knows the consequences for this? I'm disgusted by this group of tenants indian/blanga FWs who are very rowdy and litter all over the corridor, staircase and lift lobby. They are turning this place into a slum.

Why need to see MP? Just call up HDB will do.

• Praise 1

Try calling the police for their rowdy behavior? Send email to HDB but you must have some valid evidence that the real owner is not staying in the unit.

Try calling the police for their rowdy behavior? Send email to HDB but you must have some valid evidence that the real owner is not staying in the unit.

Install CCTV outside your house aimed at his door :D

No need valid evidence also can call hdb and ask them to come check on the unit.

Rent out flat not always need to MOP first. There are exceptions that HDB allows...

The rowdy issue really need to take it up to see if it is within allowed framework. Littering definitely no, smoking is not illegal.

Why need to see MP? Just call up HDB will do.

Bro, I was told hdb will take their own sweet time to investigate getting mp to write to them is the kick ass way. Haha!

That was what the volunteer at tye MPS told me, lodge a police and hdb will have a record to work on.

Confirm and double confirm the owners not staying here and all 3 rooms are taken up. Have not seen these 2 jokers for almost 1.5 years since they run chicken from the loan sharks.

Install CCTV outside your house aimed at his door :D

I have cctv installed but it is only a *ahem*

Just email HDB, they will investigate. no need to proof owner not staying there.

after HDB mail the owner he will surely ask those tenants to pack up.

Really hope they pack up and go, once they start drinking I hate to think what they are capable of, that's why I kept harping on the safety issues at the MPS.

Rent out flat not always need to MOP first. There are exceptions that HDB allows...

The rowdy issue really need to take it up to see if it is within allowed framework. Littering definitely no, smoking is not illegal.

Bro, smoking along hdb corridor and void deck is not allowed now. These have been added to the smoking banned areas.

Edited by Count-Bracula
↡ Advertisement