Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

was told that I am not being a professional customer if i didn't come and sign on the dotted line after that counter offer ..... oh well ... I don't know how you will respond to that but to me, it was totally uncalled for and helps the deal in no way. It was an unfortunate situation.

hoho......gib chance la. maybe they thot they selling a B&B nissan, not a premium badge. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

I was willing to give the Q50 a chance. My saleslady worked out an attractive deal with a nice overtrade for me. We were down to deciding my preferred colour but unfortunately they didn't have that colour in the ex-stock list. For something at this price, I would not settle for anything less than my preference; this was brought up to management who counter-offered me with the following:

- Need to indent my choice colour.

- Price increase of around 4-5k if so.

- No sports bumper for subsequent batches even if you buy 'Sports model'.

Sometime I wonder what they are thinking when they marketing other brands too (If you are driving a car with a J brand you know wat I mean), sound stupid to me. What is the point calling a "sport" model without sport bumper? Like that C&C even do a better job than them by fixing a new bodykits on lancer GLX & called it Lancer MR.

Took some time to rethink and finally decided not to sign on the dotted line then in view of the conditions laid; received a counter offer later from someone in management about offering back to the initial quoted price with preferred colour and sports bumper and was told that I am not being a professional customer if i didn't come and sign on the dotted line after that counter offer ..... oh well ... I don't know how you will respond to that but to me, it was totally uncalled for and helps the deal in no way. It was an unfortunate situation.

I will be very offended if the someone in the management say this to me, I don't need a car agent or watever to educate wat character I am. Even the so called "atas" brand (4 circles) is polite much more than this. I will simply show them I am not happy, I will walk away.

I AM the one buying car, not them!

I CALL THE SHOT!

I had just seen from "onemotoring" webpage that infiniti had sold 14 units in Aug 2014 as compare to 3 units in Jul 2014 or 2 units per months for the rest of previous months. I had test drive the car and it is quite powerful enough but I do not know how much is the actual petrol consumption? any one can advise?

A group of friends and I went to check out this car. And immediately after that we went to take a look at the new C-Class. Apparently, you have to reach to the C250 in order to compare fairly with the Q50 as the engine in the Q50 is the same as the one in the C250. And the C250 is at least $240,000 compared to the Q50's price of $189,000, which is even cheaper than the base C200.

Anyway, the C-Class is smaller, and has my goodness horrible hard seats, small door openings (one of them hit his head while getting in to the driver's seat, the other hit his back while getting into the rear seat, and they are all about 1.7m tall), tighter width, less powerful, the centre console in glossy black will attract a lot of finer-prints (or if u order the AMG Line, it looks like fake wood instead?). After testing the C200 after the Q50, all of us were disappointed because we heard so much hype about the new C-Class and didn't it to fall so far short of our expectations.

The Q50 is a very good car. The ride is firm yet very supple - a lot of work has definitely gone into that. And the panel gaps are very thin and consistent. Bose sound system is one of the best i have heard in this class, it comes with a subwoofer just behind the rear seats and the synthetic clarity is just delicious. The technology and features in the Q50 are unrivalled. The car comes with 360 degree camera, auto-braking at low speeds, the Bluetooth telephony can read your messages out to you and shows the photo of the contact person if you have one, it has nappa leather vs man-made leather for the C-Class, rear passengers definitely feel more comfortable in the Q50, noise-cancelling speakers and self-healing paint (bye bye to swirl marks). The equipment list is so extensive in the Q50 that the OMV of 32k seems a bit too unreal, because it looks more like a car with an OMV of $40k. At the end of the day, the Q50 is a hidden gem that people who has yet to savour or are unable to look pass its badge, will never get to appreciate the qualities the Q50 has to offer.

I would encourage those who have yet to go down to the showroom to try out the car. You will be surprised.

I am not biting, because I still enjoy driving my turbocharged 6-cylinder car.

Hows the acceleration of the Q50? Is it a match for the Beemer 320?

Q50 feels faster. The 320i feels overwhelmed by the weight. The 3 series really needs the 328i version minimally.

• Praise 3

Nice review. Unfortunately, the branding is not there in Singapore.

A group of friends and I went to check out this car. And immediately after that we went to take a look at the new C-Class. Apparently, you have to reach to the C250 in order to compare fairly with the Q50 as the engine in the Q50 is the same as the one in the C250. And the C250 is at least $240,000 compared to the Q50's price of $189,000, which is even cheaper than the base C200.

Anyway, the C-Class is smaller, and has my goodness horrible hard seats, small door openings (one of them hit his head while getting in to the driver's seat, the other hit his back while getting into the rear seat, and they are all about 1.7m tall), tighter width, less powerful, the centre console in glossy black will attract a lot of finer-prints (or if u order the AMG Line, it looks like fake wood instead?). After testing the C200 after the Q50, all of us were disappointed because we heard so much hype about the new C-Class and didn't it to fall so far short of our expectations.

The Q50 is a very good car. The ride is firm yet very supple - a lot of work has definitely gone into that. And the panel gaps are very thin and consistent. Bose sound system is one of the best i have heard in this class, it comes with a subwoofer just behind the rear seats and the synthetic clarity is just delicious. The technology and features in the Q50 are unrivalled. The car comes with 360 degree camera, auto-braking at low speeds, the Bluetooth telephony can read your messages out to you and shows the photo of the contact person if you have one, it has nappa leather vs man-made leather for the C-Class, rear passengers definitely feel more comfortable in the Q50, noise-cancelling speakers and self-healing paint (bye bye to swirl marks). The equipment list is so extensive in the Q50 that the OMV of 32k seems a bit too unreal, because it looks more like a car with an OMV of $40k. At the end of the day, the Q50 is a hidden gem that people who has yet to savour or are unable to look pass its badge, will never get to appreciate the qualities the Q50 has to offer.

I would encourage those who have yet to go down to the showroom to try out the car. You will be surprised.

Q50 feels faster. The 320i feels overwhelmed by the weight. The 3 series really needs the 328i version minimally.

I'm surprised that Q50 at 1.7 tonnes can feel faster than a 320i that weighs about 1.4± tonnes?

When were you quoted the price of $189k for the Q50? I was quoted $204k just last week by the SE...

seriously, i enjoy reading what you wrote.

What you wrote is good but how it was written is even better.