Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

Can I drag this thread up again........

I'm looking at the Q50Premium.

List price is ~$204k but I got offered closer to $177k with interest at 1.88% ($1.5k for SatNav though). OMV is around $33k so overall with the specification it looks quite good. Wonder if anybody now has one and whether it's actually alright?

↡ Advertisement

Took some time to rethink and finally decided not to sign on the dotted line then in view of the conditions laid; received a counter offer later from someone in management about offering back to the initial quoted price with preferred colour and sports bumper and was told that I am not being a professional customer if i didn't come and sign on the dotted line after that counter offer ..... oh well ... I don't know how you will respond to that but to me, it was totally uncalled for and helps the deal in no way. It was an unfortunate situation.

This is the insult the customer school of sales.

And the management wonder why they don't get

many sales. I am sure their competitors love it

and hope they keep insulting more potential customers.

Nice one.

:D

He irony of front line sales staffing ....

Some brands are hampered by very poor sales staff and it's amazing their managements are tolerant of.

Some of the more popular brands are now drawing on brand magnet and hence not really putting in sales effort.

However for each brand, I am sure there are a couple of genuine great sales people who could truly win the customer over with solid sales techniques.

Most time, I see sales staff willing to forego closing a sale because they do not get that extra $800 or $1500 extra from loans, insurance or even forking out some of their comm for freebies to win that deal.

• Praise 1

Hmmm...have never consider Infiniti although I know it is the " big brother " of Nissan brand.

but from the review of the car, seems like I should take a look when the time come...price wise certainly seems very good value for $$.

Thank you

• Praise 3

Some brands are hampered by very poor sales staff and it's amazing their managements are tolerant of.

Some of the more popular brands are now drawing on brand magnet and hence not really putting in sales effort.

Have to say, my experience there was okay and the test drive was a bit of an eye opener wrt the car itself.

I only read this thread after coming back so maybe last year was.....last year.

I went to BMW as well and service sucks, really bad. Like you say, the brand maybe sells itself and they don't bother putting in any work. So, the place was busy enough but there was hardly any staff around at all. Infiniti had more staff the customers and LR/Jag were probably about 1:1.

Just would be interested to know if the Q50 is a reasonable drive and Wearnes/Infiniti service is up to it? My colleague with Passat is very disappointed with VW service.....McPherson is such a long way to go from his place, so was surprised service was not at Alexandra like most others have.

You must be prepared to live with it for the next 10 years to fully utilise the "cheapness" price tag of this car relative to its competitors. If you sell earlier, no takers and basically loose big time.

IIRC, it comes with three-pointed star engine.

List price is ~$204k but I got offered closer to $177k with interest at 1.88% ($1.5k for SatNav though). OMV is around $33k so overall with the specification it looks quite good. Wonder if anybody now has one and whether it's actually alright?

He irony of front line sales staffing ....

However for each brand, I am sure there are a couple of genuine great sales people who could truly win the customer over with solid sales techniques.

Most time, I see sales staff willing to forego closing a sale because they do not get that extra $800 or $1500 extra from loans, insurance or even forking out some of their comm for freebies to win that deal.

Usually its the managers that are losing the sales for the company.

:D

You must be prepared to live with it for the next 10 years to fully utilise the "cheapness" price tag of this car relative to its competitors. If you sell earlier, no takers and basically loose big time.

IIRC, it comes with three-pointed star engine.

Yes, MB engine and GB.....

It's a good point about resale. I'm looking at 5yrs though, not 10 so have priced everything based only on paper/scrap value and depreciation. If I can get anything extra for the tin then that's additional. With the OMV around $33k against an A4, for example, around $29k then the return on paper should balance any extra gained from A4 metal.

With an OMV of $22k the paper return on a Mazda6 is also very low and won't make up the difference.

The Q-50,lack of a paddle shift,or else even nicer,the one used on the 370z will be nice.

Yes, I saw that...... I have +/- on my steering wheel now but never use it. I prefer to go up/down from the stick. Don't know why but maybe more comfortable after spending first 15yrs driving a manual.

Q50Sport has paddles, but it also comes with drive-by-wire which, according to reviews, is not so good.

You have to try out the drive-by-wire to find out if you like it personally. Some reviewers love it (American side) but it seems the European counterparts do not.

You have to try out the drive-by-wire to find out if you like it personally. Some reviewers love it (American side) but it seems the European counterparts do not.

I think it's better to say "steer-by-wire" that ppl will understand. "Drive-by-wire" which includes throttle control that is electronically linked and not mechanically linked are widely used in cars today.

• Praise 1

Now price is only $169,800 [sly]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_promo.php?CarCode=11553

Just did simple calculation with basic cost at $145k it's abt 15% premium, very reasonable. Same engine as E250, but almost $100k cheaper

Right....... at that level I think it's fair too especially for the tech inside and performance plus it's a bit different from the rest. Different can work for and against, but I prefer to be a bit different [grin]

Now price is only $169,800 [sly]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_promo.php?CarCode=11553

Just did simple calculation with basic cost at $145k it's abt 15% premium, very reasonable. Same engine as E250, but almost $100k cheaper

Well, yesterday I did it, put down a deposit and all going well can pick up early April.

As with all other AD recently, place was quite busy and I saw a few people completing paperwork and quite a few on tests for both Q50 and QX70.

• Praise 4

Well, yesterday I did it, put down a deposit and all going well can pick up early April.

As with all other AD recently, place was quite busy and I saw a few people completing paperwork and quite a few on tests for both Q50 and QX70.

Good for you bro. It's a very nice car. Hope to see yours on the road soon [thumbsup]

Btw, did you trade in your car? How's their trade in value?

Good for you bro. It's a very nice car. Hope to see yours on the road soon [thumbsup]

Btw, did you trade in your car? How's their trade in value?

Can't complain......started 2.5k over scrap (higher than anybody else gave me) though in the end there was a bit knocked off for the condition - my whole dashboard is cracked from one side to the other - though still ended up higher than any other original offer.

↡ Advertisement