Any one know about the new Infiniti Q50

JOHNKHOR

oh whats the promo? care to share? :)

I have no idea as I was stuck at work that day. I did try to ask SE what kind of promo is in there but he insist I should drop by and check it out.

↡ Advertisement

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=580943

Selling my liquid platinum q50 sport due to changing to a smaller car. Top of the range with full specs. Plus original rear deck lip spoiler and splash guard. Very low mileage at 6800km for an almost one year old car. Excellent condition and accident free. Sincere buyers, please pm me for arrangement of viewing. Thanks.

Bro ray, thanks. changing to Renault megane rs 275 trophy. Booked the last unit yesterday at Renault.

Swee. back to 3 pedals..left hand going to be busy again. awesome!

Edited by Rayoflight

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=580943

Selling my liquid platinum q50 sport due to changing to a smaller car. Top of the range with full specs. Plus original rear deck lip spoiler and splash guard. Very low mileage at 6800km for an almost one year old car. Excellent condition and accident free. Sincere buyers, please pm me for arrangement of viewing. Thanks.

Received a quote. Any bros who are still keen pls contact prem Roy motoring directly. I have to make a decision by next Monday 8 Aug if I want to sell to the buyer. Thanks.
  • Praise 1

As of last Friday, it was $154.8k for the Base model with 17 inch wheels, $157.8k for the Premium with 18 inchers, and $167.8k for the Sport shod with 19 inch wheels.  But you should check with the agents for an updated price list to be sure.

Collected my white S model on Friday, coming off two tuned Legacy GTs in succession.  Carried out a detailed market survey over several weeks and in the end boiled down to either the C200 from a PI at $198k, C180 from C&C at $180k, Jag XE and the Q50. I keep my cars for long periods (last car 8 years), so abbreviated depreciation costs/brand name doesn't matter much to me.

Couldn't be happier with the Q50.

post-179416-0-21038800-1474445020_thumb.png

Edited by Hardstuff
  • Praise 6

As of last Friday, it was $154.8k for the Base model with 17 inch wheels, $157.8k for the Premium with 18 inchers, and $167.8k for the Sport shod with 19 inch wheels.  But you should check with the agents for an updated price list to be sure.

Collected my white S model on Friday, coming off two tuned Legacy GTs in succession.  Carried out a detailed market survey over several weeks and in the end boiled down to either the C200 from a PI at $198k, C180 from C&C at $180k, Jag XE and the Q50. I keep my cars for long periods (last car 8 years), so abbreviated depreciation costs/brand name doesn't matter much to me.

Couldn't be happier with the Q50.

welcome to the Q club!

I think the Q50 is the closest car we have to the Legacy GT in SG (and is also sold as a Skyline in Japan, bonus points).

Quite hard to argue against the value proposition since it has more horses than the C180 and the C200 yet is cheaper. Love the sports model for the DAS which makes it a easy drive or something more interesting in sports mode.

Thanks, Coern.

One of the things they allowed me to do on my third visit before I signed up for the car, was to go inside the workshop to view a q50 in for its 10k kms service, that had been jacked up allowing a full view of the undercarriage. The double wishbone layout at both ends is seriously impressive. It helps explain the Q50's sure-footed AND compliant ride. Beauty was more than skin deep in this car.

I basically did almost EXACTLY the same, skipping the S and going for a Premium instead, coming out of a very long term relationship with Subaru. Lastly a Legacy GT Wagon which I had 8yrs or so, after several years with a quite heavily modified RSK-B4, which itself was after an Impreza WRX STi Ver5.

It was sad saying goodbye to the marque I had been driving since ~2000 but there is currently no model here as a suitable replacement. I did have a look at their new WRX but felt it was a little harsh for runs up North.......little did I know the Q50 on run-flat tyres isn't really that much better on MY roads. It was significantly cheaper, but it also felt it.

The Q50 was, in any case, the closest to LGT performance balanced against price.......the way Subaru has also been for decades. I was trying to wait for the XE to arrive but it dragged on too long and I didn't managed to get a look before booking the Q50. If I had waited, I still would have picked the Q50 because the XE doesn't have the same interior fit-n-finish, sound insulation nor the same equipment level though at a higher price point. Coming out of Subaru, brand names also are not a big deal for me so being slightly more "individual" does me fine.

My only quibble over the LGT is that the Q50 does feel every pound of its significantly heavier weight, and especially in corners. I don't quite have the wet weather trust in it yet, accounting for that weight and "only" being RWD.

Thanks, Coern.

One of the things they allowed me to do on my third visit before I signed up for the car, was to go inside the workshop to view a q50 in for its 10k kms service, that had been jacked up allowing a full view of the undercarriage. The double wishbone layout at both ends is seriously impressive. It helps explain the Q50's sure-footed AND compliant ride. Beauty was more than skin deep in this car.

coming from a LGT, i'm sure u r a car enthusiast (aka modder  [laugh] )

i think the Q50 looks best and fiercest in S kit, therefore it's also one of my considerations in a few years on the resale market. just wondering on the availability of aftermarket parts. For me i usually for exhaust and coilovers.

In your research, did you happen to find out whether the Q50 have any LTA compliant exhausts?

how is the acceleration and the way it drives?

i'm too timid to walk into the Infiniti showroom to test drive because i can't afford a new one and i don't want to waste the salesman's time.

I basically did almost EXACTLY the same, skipping the S and going for a Premium instead, coming out of a very long term relationship with Subaru. Lastly a Legacy GT Wagon which I had 8yrs or so, after several years with a quite heavily modified RSK-B4, which itself was after an Impreza WRX STi Ver5.

It was sad saying goodbye to the marque I had been driving since ~2000 but there is currently no model here as a suitable replacement. I did have a look at their new WRX but felt it was a little harsh for runs up North.......little did I know the Q50 on run-flat tyres isn't really that much better on MY roads. It was significantly cheaper, but it also felt it.

The Q50 was, in any case, the closest to LGT performance balanced against price.......the way Subaru has also been for decades. I was trying to wait for the XE to arrive but it dragged on too long and I didn't managed to get a look before booking the Q50. If I had waited, I still would have picked the Q50 because the XE doesn't have the same interior fit-n-finish, sound insulation nor the same equipment level though at a higher price point. Coming out of Subaru, brand names also are not a big deal for me so being slightly more "individual" does me fine.

My only quibble over the LGT is that the Q50 does feel every pound of its significantly heavier weight, and especially in corners. I don't quite have the wet weather trust in it yet, accounting for that weight and "only" being RWD.

Odd how the Q50 attracts ex-LGT owners the way it does. In spite of that, I wouldn't compare the two however. The Q50 is larger, taller, heavier and lacks that "chuckable" factor that the LGT had thanks to its higher HP-to-weight ratio and AWD. It wouldn't feel right to compare the two. But still..... I test drove several models from other marques, and like some here ended up with the Q. Subaru has done itself no favours not continuing the traditional LGT model line, preferring to bore us with a 1.6 litre pretender on a Impreza platform that they unconvincingly call the Legacy wagon's spiritual successor. No sense putting money on their WRX or STi which attracts maximum CEV penalties of $20k and $30k respectively (Q50 is CEV neutral). They have lost a loyal following.

coming from a LGT, i'm sure u r a car enthusiast (aka modder [laugh] )

i think the Q50 looks best and fiercest in S kit, therefore it's also one of my considerations in a few years on the resale market. just wondering on the availability of aftermarket parts. For me i usually for exhaust and coilovers.

In your research, did you happen to find out whether the Q50 have any LTA compliant exhausts?

how is the acceleration and the way it drives?

i'm too timid to walk into the Infiniti showroom to test drive because i can't afford a new one and i don't want to waste the salesman's time.

Indeed. My last LGT was pushed to 250rwhp, the maximum we felt the auto-trans can handle safely, had a succession of lowered coilovers (Ohlins, KW and finally B6 Bilsteins on STi pink springs. BBKs were Willwoods initially, then switched to a set of APR's CP7040 / 5040 on 355mm & 330mm rotors. You can chuck the car into a wet corner with careless abandon, and know you'll come out safely.

The Q50 is something else. I've only had it for a few days, but I can tell you this one is a keeper. It's not as light or powerful, but it carries its weight so well that I don't miss the LGT at all. It's a definite upgrade over the Subaru in terms of refinement, at the loss of some driveability. It rides significantly higher because of the 19inch wheels, but I am sure a set of lowered springs, a tuning chip to unleash another 20 or 30 hp (or more) and a lighter BBK will transform the handling. Not quite into another Legacy, but maybe something even better.

Or all this could simply be the musings of an older, more risk-averse and over-the-hill driver. :)

You owe it to yourself to test drive the car. You'll not know if it is for you otherwise. No need to feel bad if not buying, as Sebastian and the other Sales staff I dealt with there I found were very patient and not pushy at all. And kind too - they suggested my significant other take a long test drive on a busy weekend afternoon, the day AFTER I already paid the booking fee. They didn't have to but did anyway.

Odd how the Q50 attracts ex-LGT owners the way it does. In spite of that, I wouldn't compare the two however. The Q50 is larger, taller, heavier and lacks that "chuckable" factor that the LGT had thanks to its higher HP-to-weight ratio and AWD. It wouldn't feel right to compare the two. But still..... I test drove several models from other marques, and like some here ended up with the Q. Subaru has done itself no favours not continuing the traditional LGT model line, preferring to bore us with a 1.6 litre pretender on a Impreza platform that they unconvincingly call the Legacy wagon's spiritual successor. No sense putting money on their WRX or STi which attracts maximum CEV penalties of $20k and $30k respectively (Q50 is CEV neutral). They have lost a loyal following.

hi, 

i am an current LGT 2.5 owner as well and looking to change my ride within the next 2 years as COE going to expire... [bigcry]

currently, I am looking around and Q50 is one of my options. (the other is a 2.0 conti with slightly higher bhp than the q50)

Test drove the q50 and feel that the car is quite heavy and did not have feel as compared to LGT. (maybe i never WOT...)

It's really a shame the 2.0 Levorg is not available locally .. 

ps: just curious any reason for not keeping the LGT?

Edited by Strat

Or all this could simply be the musings of an older, more risk-averse and over-the-hill driver. :)

There's something about going from mid-30's to mid-40's that demands a bit more comfort and a few more goodies.

I just wonder how Wearns will clear all their poison. They already took $400 off the trade-in price of mine for the fraggle dashboard.