• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
189 replies to this topic | 769 praises

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

driver_infograph.gif

Source: Source: http://www.straitsti...signal-20140609

BabyBlade, Mustank and Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

They should include drivers who think their car signal very big, usually when they signal they just change lanes without checking, or once they switch on their signal, they can park anywhere they like.

Mustank praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh yeah!!!! Those who supported road hoggers.. Speeding is alot less irritating to fellow drivers than road hogging... 

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - 2012) | 2012 Ford Focus Ti (2017 - 2018) | 2016 Honda Civic FC1 (2018 - present)

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

video related to this topic:

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

We have the statistics now, why there are more installation of speeding cams when speeding doesn't really cause the accidents? Out on the road, it's not difficult to catch majority of drivers who don't signal. Just need a few months period for the TPs to ply the road to change the bad habits by fining these group of people and that should take care of the basic road manners but I see none of such actions.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

We have the statistics now, why there are more installation of speeding cams when speeding doesn't really cause the accidents? Out on the road, it's not difficult to catch majority of drivers who don't signal. Just need a few months period for the TPs to ply the road to change the bad habits by fining these group of people and that should take care of the basic road manners but I see none of such actions.

Because failure to signal only $70 fine?

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Gasguzzler
  • Gasguzzler
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

And how about who need to steer left before they turn right? Or those who drive in the middle of the carpark leaving u with only a narrow path to squeeze through?
Lotr and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TP too busy hiding on bridge to film drivers who exceed speed limit.

So it's a free for all on how you drive on the roads.

Oh yeah, you can drift left or right as you wish without signalling.

Anyone who hit you from behind is automatically at fault.

Super7 praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

road hogger worst den speedster

Garage36.com

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

And how about who need to steer left before they turn right? Or those who drive in the middle of the carpark leaving u with only a narrow path to squeeze through?

For those who like to steer left before turn right will usually slightly eat into the other lane while negotiating turns, to me they are just brainless drivers. I have seen majority of them practise this unwise move too. I really cannot understand when the lanes are wide and even when making a u-turn to the opposite direction, there are 3 lanes and they like to eat abit into the next lane before turning. It is not as if the road is tight and narrow or their ride is a super long limousine. One word for them, Kayu.

Edited by Heartbreakid, 09 June 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Atonchia, Alfc, Silver_blade and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Singapore's worst driving habit: Being a shit driver.

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[mad] I hate goods vehicle who suddenly change to the lane 2 or 1 on expressway, causing the oncoming vehicle on the faster lane to brake HARD to avoid collision and hoping the car behind brake in time as well! [mad]
Baal and Atonchia praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Singapore's worst driving habit: Being a shit driver.

when I first saw the thread title, my first response was:

Singapore's worst driving habit: Driving

[lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[mad] I hate goods vehicle who suddenly change to the lane 2 or 1 on expressway, causing the oncoming vehicle on the faster lane to brake HARD to avoid collision and hoping the car behind brake in time as well! [mad]

Unsure if its an offence, but their tall height at times can cause visibility issues.

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters. Maybe itsbecause many are entreprenuers.

Toothiewabbit praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Unsure if its an offence, but their tall height at times can cause visibility issues.

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters. Maybe itsbecause many are entreprenuers.

many won't mind tail gater because these will give way .... or simply bo-chup :D
Tianmo praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Slyison
  • Premium member
    Slyison
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes!

What makes me pissed off and Jin du lan is that there are some drivers who think that their signal light is so scarce and holy that they cannot be turn on or use ...

Simple scenario : at a T-junction, while waiting at the stop line, you look to your left and right for any incoming vehicle... Suddenly there's this kuku driver happily driving his/her car and slowly approaching the T-junction, as he/she got the right of way, so lan lan wait lor.....

As this bugger didn't signal his/her intention, I assumed that he is going straight.... Suddenly! Tmd! The car right turn into the T-junction!

There're cao cao 3 to 4 cars Q-ing behind me thanks to this selfish bugger! Should he or she signal earlier, the 5 cars including myself could have cross the road!

I can "sompa" that I ALWAYS signal my intention as I believe that a small act such as signaling can makes other people life easier !!!! Agree?

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Cznoob
  • Premium member
    Cznoob
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes!

What makes me pissed off and Jin du lan is that there are some drivers who think that their signal light is so scarce and holy that they cannot be turn on or use ...

Simple scenario : at a T-junction, while waiting at the stop line, you look to your left and right for any incoming vehicle... Suddenly there's this kuku driver happily driving his/her car and slowly approaching the T-junction, as he/she got the right of way, so lan lan wait lor.....

As this bugger didn't signal his/her intention, I assumed that he is going straight.... Suddenly! Tmd! The car right turn into the T-junction!

There're cao cao 3 to 4 cars Q-ing behind me thanks to this selfish bugger! Should he or she signal earlier, the 5 cars including myself could have cross the road!

I can "sompa" that I ALWAYS signal my intention as I believe that a small act such as signaling can makes other people life easier !!!! Agree?

Totally agree. Frequently meet with these kind of drivers causing people to wait unnecessarily.
Lotr praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

bloody hate those (intentionally or kuku) who don't signal at the lanes that can either go straight or right turn.

or is it i am just too impatient

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

F355
  • F355
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Interesting that <10% dont mind tail gaters.

Actually it meant 10% of the people list tailgating as their no.1  choice of bad driving habit.

The way the poll is conducted is somewhat flawed ; cos participants can only pick one habit that irritates them most.

I am sure 99% don't like to be tailgated ( the 1% who like is actually broke and hoping to be rear ended so he can make a quick buck) ; but since the participants can only pick one , being tailgated is not the no.1 choice.

Darthrevan and Toothiewabbit praised this

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

EXO
  • Premium member
    EXO
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If you noticed, people will signal on right/left turn ONLY lane, but at a go straight and/or turn right/left lane they won't signal.

[confused]  [hur]

Yes!

bloody hate those (intentionally or kuku) who don't signal at the lanes that can either go straight or right turn.

or is it i am just too impatient

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: sgs worst driving habit and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users