Singapore's worst driving habit: Drivers who don't signal

Darthrevan

Supersonic

Have you encountered drivers who signal and take their own sweet time to filter into the lane?

How long is the definition of own sweet time?
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This morning nearly rammed into an Audi. Old uncle don't know haven't wake up or using his HP suddenly decided to filter left instead of going straight at the traffic light. No signal somemore...

Luckily it was near a poly and zebra crossing, my speed was very slow in anticipation pedestrians jumping out of nowhere and was able to jam break missing him by inches. Heart attack

Supersonic

This morning nearly rammed into an Audi. Old uncle don't know haven't wake up or using his HP suddenly decided to filter left instead of going straight at the traffic light. No signal somemore...

Luckily it was near a poly and zebra crossing, my speed was very slow in anticipation pedestrians jumping out of nowhere and was able to jam break missing him by inches. Heart attack

This is part of the risk of driving on the road de. So always have to stay alert, slow and careful.

That's why camera is also very important

yes!

[thumbsup]

It is also there to tell other drivers if they have made an error intentional or otherwise and to make them aware that other drivers have noted it and may have it on cam.

lucky never ram if not very troublesome

Sometimes people simply forget to signal, especially if the car in front of them does not signal (due to going straight or due to driver being an S hole). I was once guilty of this as well. Sibei paisei when the light turned green and I wanted to turn right.

Forget is not an excuse. I have enough friends asking me why do I even bother to signal when there are no cars behind us. It's simple, if you do it even when there are no cars, it becomes a habit and you will never forget.

• Praise 3

Forget is not an excuse. I have enough friends asking me why do I even bother to signal when there are no cars behind us. It's simple, if you do it even when there are no cars, it becomes a habit and you will never forget.

Unfortunately, I'm not you. I ever forgot to bring my hp to office, I ever forgot to bring my wallet when I went to work, I sometimes forgot to give turn on my indicator lights. 

• Dislike 3

Supersonic

Many who signal thinks it gives them the right to just cut into others' lane immediately.

They thought they have the right of way lo.

Unfortunately, I'm not you. I ever forgot to bring my hp to office, I ever forgot to bring my wallet when I went to work, I sometimes forgot to give turn on my indicator lights. 

I can agree that we are forgetful at times, some more, some less. But we are talking about driving/riding a vehicle here. If you treat operating an automobile to be so lightly, then we have a serious problem. Sure, you can forget to bring your hp, wallet and even submitting an important assignment on time. But I think you are making unjust comparisons between the two.

Forgetting to signal while operating a vehicle is different from "forgetting to bring hp or wallet". Rather, forgetting to signal your intention to change lane/turn while operating a vehicle is like forgetting to take off your clothes before you go under the shower. Will you forget to undress yourself before you bathe?  

What I'm trying to say here is, we must inculcate good and safe driving habit. Once the attitude is right, you will know what to and not to do when you are driving/riding a vehicle. So, every operation (of a vehicle) is important, from signaling your intentions, to checking of blind spots, turning on your headlights appropriately, etc. And you should not be treating all these as lightly as "forgetting to bring hp/wallet".

Lives are at stake on the roads my friend, both yours and mine.

Neutral Newbie

Many who signal thinks it gives them the right to just cut into others' lane immediately.

How about those driver who immediately speed up after you signal? Haha.... never-ending day to day driving in Singapore

I can agree that we are forgetful at times, some more, some less. But we are talking about driving/riding a vehicle here. If you treat operating an automobile to be so lightly, then we have a serious problem. Sure, you can forget to bring your hp, wallet and even submitting an important assignment on time. But I think you are making unjust comparisons between the two.

Forgetting to signal while operating a vehicle is different from "forgetting to bring hp or wallet". Rather, forgetting to signal your intention to change lane/turn while operating a vehicle is like forgetting to take off your clothes before you go under the shower. Will you forget to undress yourself before you bathe?

What I'm trying to say here is, we must inculcate good and safe driving habit. Once the attitude is right, you will know what to and not to do when you are driving/riding a vehicle. So, every operation (of a vehicle) is important, from signaling your intentions, to checking of blind spots, turning on your headlights appropriately, etc. And you should not be treating all these as lightly as "forgetting to bring hp/wallet".

Lives are at stake on the roads my friend, both yours and mine.

Depending on situation.

If you see a truck trying to go faster than you in the merging lanes to get ahead, just let it go.

Once you enter the expressway, he is restricted to 60 while you can go 90. 
Sure confirm chop stamp you will get ahead of the truck in no time.
But if it's a car, you can do the following :

1. Go slower and let him pass

2. Go faster than him

3. Go same speed as him and see who has a bigger ball to play with  [laugh]

Depending on situation.

If you see a truck trying to go faster than you in the merging lanes to get ahead, just let it go.

2. Go faster than him

I beg to differ in a truck situation. If the truck is carrying a big load of dripping cement/sand, big/small stones, etc, you see how many vehicles will try to overtake the truck [laugh]

Supersonic

Depending on situation.

2. Go faster than him

Nowadays those truck can travel as fast as car or even faster than cars. Lol. But during merge lane, confirmed must give way to them la, same goes to bus. If not you surely lose out.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1