Most neighbours just say 'hi' and 'bye'

Darthrevan

Turbocharged

Be it HDB or private, do you even get a 'Hi' these days?

A smile will be just nice

A wave of hand is not too bad

A nod should be ok

A wink means better run away, fast.

If my neighbour looks like this (middle), I say more than Hi and Bye lah....

Ii0krHs.jpg

i definitely selfie with the white t shirt one... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

My problem:- born with a smile most char bos feel uncomfortable with.... so dare not smile at neighbours' wife or daughter [sweatdrop] if i only smile at the men, their wife will think i am gay [:(] so end up no smile

Honestly, ever since meeting you, I do feel you have a sly smiling [:)][sly]:o

My family seldom talk to neighbors until my son is born.

Suddenly, all the neighborhood people knows my family.

And, because of no smoking rule at common areas, I got to know a lot more neighbors as we all come down for a smoke.

And there is a complaint king at 8th floor of my block.

Everyone hates him but he loves me a lot as I once offer to help him carry some bulky items.

So if you have something cute like a son, smoke, or go out and help people, you will tend to make more friends.

My wife borrows salt from my neighbours

My wife gives them cakes when she bakes

Like that consider good boh?

Please PM me your address, I will ask my wife to consider moving next to your home [laugh] 行 情 坏, 我 们 要 省 钱 买 东 西 吃 :D

Turbocharged

Honestly, ever since meeting you, I do feel you have a sly smiling [:)][sly]:o

i am working hard to reflect / repent on the sly smiles.... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I have this birdie friend outside my flat and every now and then talk bird language [inlove] with my neighbours

Please inform Bro Chow Yun Fatt, he love birds [laugh]

Please PM me your address, I will ask my wife to consider moving next to your home [laugh] 行 情 坏, 我 们 要 省 钱 买 东 西 吃 :D

Gimme your bank account number, i wired some funds over [thumbsup]

Staying in old estate has the advantage if you also have old folk at home, easier to know the old neighbor and to start a conversation.

We know many neighbor, the old ones are usually from those my mum knows, the younger parents are usually since our kids go to the same school nearby. Stayed here for good 15 years, we practically see each other grower up and growing old :D

I think also trust issue. Singaporeans as a whole don't really trust other people outside their own family/circle. Talk to them only their reaction is "What do you want?"

I get along ok with my neighbours but I won't say we're close. If they ask for help I definitely help but otherwise we mostly keep to ourselves.

Turbocharged

i sleep w my neighbor [cool][cool]

You live in a dual key unit and kena thrown out by your wife to live in the adjacent unit?

Haiz.....poor thing. [grin]

Turbocharged

I scare talk too much later my neighbor become too kaypoh

Most of time Hi&Bye

Hi Harry, Bye!! Hi Uncle, Bye!! Hi Auntie, Bye!

Do you live next to a certain Mr Chee? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I scare talk too much later my neighbor become too kaypoh

Most of time Hi&Bye

ya agree. the best is to ignore. If can, hi and bye also dun do. My previous neighbors we were too friendly in the end keep getting invited over for their bbq or get gifts in return for ours to them, in the end find that there is no privacy.

• Praise 1

The floor at our place is like a playground.. 4 adjacent units all with kids (multi race - no need to mention who's who's race) - no corridor units kids play together outside our units and share toys. Thus, while looking after them we got to talk more with our neighbors... Even borrow tools from me if they doing some DIY at their place. Got one time one neoghbor wnent on holiday asked my wife if can look after the pet tortoise.. When our turn came to go on holiday they asked for my hp number to call or sms us if anything need. Their kids and mkne can also go to each othwrs housea to play.. Share snacks also.. Each one knows their "limits" in terms of space or talk so we get along quite well..

• Praise 3