Most neighbours just say 'hi' and 'bye'

Darthrevan

I have only one exception to my hermit-like existence.

There is a mentally handicapped boy/man living further down the corridor and he loves his basketball, everyday he'll be down at the court alone, throwing and mostly missing. He just loves throwing his basketball at the hoop, doesn't seem to bother him whether it goes in or not.

He's my best buddy in the neighbourhood. I'll always wave to him and he happily waves back. Once he met me on the stairs and followed me back to my flat to have a peek inside (he was very impressed). Sometimes when I'm walking past he'll run out of the court to come shake my hand and he always gets a huge smile on his face. Awesome dude.

I guess everyone else in the neighbourhood just ignores him, seems mentally-handicapped people are still a taboo in some walks of life.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

over here at my place, most came over from the old hillview estate, and all are oldies and v friendly. The level I am at, i dare say we know ALL of them. Handy as we watch over each other's homes as and when needed. Like taking the newspaper, etc. Great place this

I grew up at Princess Elizabeth Drive ... The Old Bus Terminal side ... [nod]

over here at my place, most came over from the old hillview estate, and all are oldies and v friendly. The level I am at, i dare say we know ALL of them. Handy as we watch over each other's homes as and when needed. Like taking the newspaper, etc. Great place this

Are they sure they KNOW you?!! [laugh]

wah that is quite an old estate, i like to take bus no. 93 to the terminal, quite nostalgic....

ok you are also quite an old fart [laugh] [laugh]

wah that is quite an old estate, i like to take bus no. 93 to the terminal, quite nostalgic....

He is CHOW Yun Fatt!!

Hmmm I may know u nia....

Still rem the mamak shop der haaa

Yes the bus go orchard and had bus 173 der toi

If only your neighbours truly KNOW you...they will certainly hide all their "Hi" (Cantonese) and also all the "Bye" (Hokkien" :D[rolleyes]

Opp the field I guess

If only your neighbours truly KNOW you...they will certainly hide all their "Hi" (Cantonese) and also all the "Bye" (Hokkien" :D[rolleyes]

I think you another mr Chee

I will say bye to u next time we meet

This one har, 老人家 。。。😂

princess-elizabeth-bus-terminal-1990.jpg

This one har, 老人家 。。。😂

princess-elizabeth-bus-terminal-1990.jpg

the picture taken in 1990? i went there quite often in 1983-84, stalking a girl classmate who stay there [laugh][laugh]

A smile will be just nice

A wave of hand is not too bad

A nod should be ok

A wink means better run away, fast.

i definitely selfie with the white t shirt one... [thumbsup]

Ya la, white one can ' chut ' pattern izzit !! [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

I have only one exception to my hermit-like existence.

There is a mentally handicapped boy/man living further down the corridor and he loves his basketball, everyday he'll be down at the court alone, throwing and mostly missing. He just loves throwing his basketball at the hoop, doesn't seem to bother him whether it goes in or not.

He's my best buddy in the neighbourhood. I'll always wave to him and he happily waves back. Once he met me on the stairs and followed me back to my flat to have a peek inside (he was very impressed). Sometimes when I'm walking past he'll run out of the court to come shake my hand and he always gets a huge smile on his face. Awesome dude.

I guess everyone else in the neighbourhood just ignores him, seems mentally-handicapped people are still a taboo in some walks of life.

think that poor dude got hardly any friends

looks like you are his only friend man! [thumbsup]

The floor at our place is like a playground.. 4 adjacent units all with kids (multi race - no need to mention who's who's race) - no corridor units kids play together outside our units and share toys. Thus, while looking after them we got to talk more with our neighbors... Even borrow tools from me if they doing some DIY at their place. Got one time one neoghbor wnent on holiday asked my wife if can look after the pet tortoise.. When our turn came to go on holiday they asked for my hp number to call or sms us if anything need. Their kids and mkne can also go to each othwrs housea to play.. Share snacks also.. Each one knows their "limits" in terms of space or talk so we get along quite well..

sometimes the "noise" from children playing brings cheer and positive energy to the households

• Praise 1

Your time got camera meh? Lol

Top Right Hand Corner Unit with the Balcony ... My Unit ...

BusTerminal not so modern yet ...

No+5+Bus+Terminus.jpg

Yes the bus go orchard and had bus 173 der toi

My Block walk down a gentle slope followed by a few steps, right at the corner is the MaMa shop ... [nod]

Top Right Hand Corner Unit with the Balcony ... My Unit ...

BusTerminal not so modern yet ...

No+5+Bus+Terminus.jpg

Nice bro. ...lots memories

Nice bro. ...lots memories

huh you see that bus can give you lots of memories? lucky i still can't recall seeing that type of bus during my time [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement