Starhub Network Kaput

Darryn

starhub internet down today. really spoil my christmas. without internet, the TV is down too cos it is connected via the fibre set top box.

i have bern having outages as a new subscriber almost on a daily basis. maybe this is how it is cos first 6 months r free on the new promotion. like they say there is no free lunch, even on christmas.

Fibre to the home is not by service provider. It's by open net.

So may not be Starhub problem too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Fibre to the home is not by service provider. It's by open net.

So may not be Starhub problem too.

bro i m getting outages from time to time. means sometimes it works well but sometimes it just got cut off.

open net just lay infrastructure. if it works then their job is done.

anyway since no internet and no TV for xmas, just use the time to zzzz.

I had a number of internet issues after switching to Starhub fibre usually related to DNS but oddly enough Starhub always tells me everything is fine on their end.

Luckily my plan was the dual cable/fibre broadband so now I hook up both devices to one serve as one internet pipe which in a nutshell has smooth-en out any intermittent outages on either connections. (unless xuay xuay Starhub itself goes down)

• Praise 1

starhub internet down today. really spoil my christmas. without internet, the TV is down too cos it is connected via the fibre set top box.

i have bern having outages as a new subscriber almost on a daily basis. maybe this is how it is cos first 6 months r free on the new promotion. like they say there is no free lunch, even on christmas.

Where are you living.

Clementi is fine all day.

bro i m getting outages from time to time. means sometimes it works well but sometimes it just got cut off.

it could be connection or hardware issues in your unit, definitely not starhub side.

I know how you feel.

There are 3 parties when it coves to fibre to home.

Service Internet provider

Starhub M1 singtel pacnet etc

Fibre physical infra.

Open net.

Middle man

nucleus connect, singtel.

Anyone party can be at fault.

Fibre can also have intermittent problems due to high loss etc. And imo, it's the hardest to manage and troubleshoot.

• Praise 1

ok guys, just some updates. Called starhub customer service 3 X yesterday, first two times just tell me to wait, but on the 3rd time, somehow during the call, the connection came back!

3 days ago, it is also the same, somehow during the call, connection came back. But when asked if he did anytime, the customer service guy said he didn't

I also puzzled.  [confused]

• Praise 1

This why we must be like the ant

Farm when the weather is good :XD:

ant-and-grasshopper-9781416951407.in02.j

Maybe is router got problem Liao

ok guys, just some updates. Called starhub customer service 3 X yesterday, first two times just tell me to wait, but on the 3rd time, somehow during the call, the connection came back!

3 days ago, it is also the same, somehow during the call, connection came back. But when asked if he did anytime, the customer service guy said he didn't

I also puzzled. [confused]

And I thought I was the only one having problems or my laptop got problem. Suddenly the connection will drop. This simi LJ DNS not found or something like tat... and if u realise, problem gets worst if it rains... really don't know SH Cable run on what....