• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yan66
  • Premium member
    Yan66
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any recommendation for towing service in Malaysia to bring back the car back to Singapore without burning your pocket.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any recommendation for towing service in Malaysia to bring back the car back to Singapore without burning your pocket.

maybe can use AA Malaysia free towing (for AAS members) to a nearest workshop to get the car moving again then drive back.

otherwise, hopefully AA Malaysia can tow till Customs and maybe you arrange your Singapore tow (those with permit to enter Malaysia) to tow it back at Customs?

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Azhiwen
  • Premium member
    Azhiwen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Think you can arrange for them to tow until the halfway point of the causeway (where there is a little hut). The Singapore side will take over after that. That was the info I got when I enquired about towing services from Malaysia to Singapore.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

With directAsia breakdown assistances.
They say they cover towing of up to $500 if tow from Malaysia to Singapore.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yan66
  • Premium member
    Yan66
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thks guys..heard that info too but recently a friend of mine was quoted more than about RM800 for the towing service which he got no choice but to accept.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thks guys..heard that info too but recently a friend of mine was quoted more than about RM800 for the towing service which he got no choice but to accept.

Personally i don't think its unreasonable.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some insurance provide free towing service even for overseas or at least they will assist you in getting a tow truck. Check with your insurance company

Edited by Dafansu, 12 June 2014 - 09:22 AM.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But remember MY is a big country unlike Singapore.

They need to pay toll charges too which can add up to substantial amount.

Also, the tow truck probably is doing a one way business (unless there's business on return trip).

Edited by Kangadrool, 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tow from where for RM800 ? You must look at the distance too....

Also RM800 includes all the toll charges, including customs charge to cross the Causeway ?

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that's why I say sign up for AAS membership.

towing in Malaysia by AA Malaysia is free.

the only thing I not sure is will they tow to customs.  if not, let them tow to a workshop, get the car rectified permanently or temporarily so at least you can drive across the causeway.  I think workshops that AAM drives us to sure won't keutk us

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Azhiwen
  • Premium member
    Azhiwen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

But remember MY is a big country unlike Singapore.

They need to pay toll charges too which can add up to substantial amount.

Also, the tow truck probably is doing a one way business (unless there's business on return trip).

If you're stuck on the NSHW, the Plus Ronda will assist with the towing for free to the nearest exit (after the toll station) where your car can be picked up by your own tow truck from there. So don't think need to pay for any toll charges.

Unless you are stuck in KL and want to tow is back to Sg, then it may be a different story. 

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I know someone who pay $200 to tow from Causeway checkpoint to Sembawang, bcuz the battery died there.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yan66
  • Premium member
    Yan66
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

that's why I say sign up for AAS membership.

towing in Malaysia by AA Malaysia is free.

the only thing I not sure is will they tow to customs.  if not, let them tow to a workshop, get the car rectified permanently or temporarily so at least you can drive across the causeway.  I think workshops that AAM drives us to sure won't keutk us

bro i guess u are right...

i mean if it really does save on towing charges...i might as well sign up

I know someone who pay $200 to tow from Causeway checkpoint to Sembawang, bcuz the battery died there.

$200 from causeway to sembawang...wah abit ex leh

my insurance provide free towing svc as long as its in Spore

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

AA membership can also call for services in malaysia?
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

don't forget it's empty in, laden out with frequent heavy traffic situation there. If it takes 2 hours to get to causeway, locate your car and tow it out, it's not too ex. Not many are willing to do causeway towing.

bro i guess u are right...

i mean if it really does save on towing charges...i might as well sign up

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

AA membership can also call for services in malaysia?

http://www.aas.com.s...al=290#malaysia

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Meadelx200
  • Meadelx200
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Was at Kota Tinggi town this morning and found my car cannot be started. 

Called my insurance and only realised free towing applicable for accident car not mechanical problem.

Managed to get a local contact for a quick towing to Ubi workshop (1pm-3.30pm)

Kota Tinggi to Before JB custom ..............  $140  (normal tow truck)

JB to Ubi workshop ..................................  $ 260 (all-in charges, flat bed truck)

Is the tow charge reasonable ?

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Deividz
  • Premium member
    Deividz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What car model?

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

Meadelx200
  • Meadelx200
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

What car model?

Toyota Picnic

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In such situation, you have not much choice but to engage whichever towing service that is available.  Time is usually not on your side.

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: towing service in malaysia and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users