Recommendation for solar film

Eric76

Turbocharged

Do you know whether the security film also have heat rejecting property?

Yes Tkseah had just said it, it makes it harder for the would be robber to smash our window, useful in JB.  [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Currently Im looking at V-Kool, but there are so many different ones, V6, V8, V12. and even V12 got 30, 40, 70. How much price difference is that, and compared to other brands? 

I looking to install for my moonroof also, anyone done just for the roof?

I think the V6, V8, V12, etc. are grades whereas the 30/40/70 are VLT ratings

Hi guys,

whats the main difference between Ceramic based solar film and metallic?

Any recommendations? And yes I heard of Huper Optik? Is it ok? 

The fear is always after installation, dont know if can pass VICOM... zzzzz

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

The film company will and can ensure whether pass or fail LTA regulations.

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

Provided the film does not impede ERP signals and VLT is above 70% for front windows and 25% for rear windows, you should be able to pass inspections.

Metallic films have a tendency to interfere with mobile or ERP signals, but not all of them do. Most of the latest films are still based on specialized mixtures of metallic coats. As dcb say, your installer should guarantee you and test your light transmission and signals after they install the film. It is their responsibility to ensure their product meets legal specifications.

recently i add Llumar security film on to my existing solar film, for 4 doors i paid $530 though it is not cheap but at least i have a piece of mind cos i travel to Malaysia quite often.

all along i hardly feel the heat inside the cabin but after installing the security film (add on layer) its even cooler now [thumbsup]   at least money well spent.

Initially did consider having the security film but on second thoughts, it may also be a trap in the event of emergency as will not be easy for driver and rescuers to break the windows to escape. Wonder if the security file is one directional i.e. hard to break from the side that has the film but ok from thother side.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Initially did consider having the security film but on second thoughts, it may also be a trap in the event of emergency as will not be easy for driver and rescuers to break the windows to escape. Wonder if the security file is one directional i.e. hard to break from the side that has the film but ok from thother side.

Theoretically the impact of a collision will damage the glass indirectly as force travels through chassis into the windows and crumples or shatters the glass. Thus the film, being a flexible item, will not break and hold the glass fragments, preventing them from falling onto the occupants.

However, if you strike the glass directly, e.g. with a hammer or the sole of your shoe, it may be easier to puncture the film, and break glass with it, compared to indirect force.

Whether really will prevent you from breaking the glass... hmm, I don't know.

Theoretically the impact of a collision will damage the glass indirectly as force travels through chassis into the windows and crumples or shatters the glass. Thus the film, being a flexible item, will not break and hold the glass fragments, preventing them from falling onto the occupants.

However, if you strike the glass directly, e.g. with a hammer or the sole of your shoe, it may be easier to puncture the film, and break glass with it, compared to indirect force.

Whether really will prevent you from breaking the glass... hmm, I don't know.

If you read my reply carefully, I was referring to security film, not the normal solar film.

Have a look at the videos of Llumar as recommended in this thread. It takes may direct hits with sharp objects and up to 55 seconds to break the windows. In a normal theft incident, its great as it allows you time to drive away from scene or deter the petty thieves from smashing the car window.

But in an emergency, the security film (not solar film) may be hinder escape or rescue.

Turbocharged

If you read my reply carefully, I was referring to security film, not the normal solar film.

Have a look at the videos of Llumar as recommended in this thread. It takes may direct hits with sharp objects and up to 55 seconds to break the windows. In a normal theft incident, its great as it allows you time to drive away from scene or deter the petty thieves from smashing the car window.

But in an emergency, the security film (not solar film) may be hinder escape or rescue.

well, same theory applies somewhat, but I guess the key question is whether the film is easier to puncture from the inside compared to the outside. But definitely will need more force to break it than without.

Turbocharged

$100-200 ba. Differs from shops and heat rejection rate.

Ne1 knows how much to replace just the front passenger window solar film? Just average one.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anyone recently been to Infratint, COOL'N'LITE or tried the 3M or Huper Optik films? I'm really considering a film now, with the low-hanging sun this time of year. Very blinding.

Turbocharged

Definitely Infratint for me. Was looking around to replace the Rikecool films given by Mazda and decided on IT!

Anyone recently been to Infratint, COOL'N'LITE or tried the 3M or Huper Optik films? I'm really considering a film now, with the low-hanging sun this time of year. Very blinding.

Turbocharged

Definitely Infratint for me. Was looking around to replace the Rikecool films given by Mazda and decided on IT!

which package did you go for? I am considering Infratint too, but their location is further away for me than COOL'N'LITE... and there are varying opinions on the grade of their worksmanship

Turbocharged

Done the platinum series. Good enough for me.

which package did you go for? I am considering Infratint too, but their location is further away for me than COOL'N'LITE... and there are varying opinions on the grade of their worksmanship

I am also on Infratint, plat 99.  If you find shoddy work, bring it up to Sherman and he'll fix it.  I recommend you go early.  I was the first customer lol!

↡ Advertisement