Appeal for witness 9th June 2014, Upper Bukit Timah road

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

Posting this on behalf of @Wynd

Hi guys,

This is an unfortunate event that happened to me.

Can I request for eye witnesses for an accident that happened on the 9th June 2014, at the junction of Upper Bukit Timah road turning right into Old Jurong Road between 6.30pm to 7.00pm? I was turning right from Upper Bukit Timah Road to Old Jurong Road and green arrow was lit in my favour but there was this car that dashed the red light and collided with my car. I am unsure if the red light camera went off or not.

According to my claims advisor, I would probably lose this case as the other party can say that the traffic light is in his favour. And going straight usually wins the case.

There was one driver driving past who kindly rolled down the window , yelled to me and pointed at him telling me he dashed the red light, best part is, I did not take down this nice guy's number or his vehicle plate which is vital information for me in this situation. So can I appeal that he or anyone who knows this guy would contact me at 9880 6818 to be my witness?

Also, please help to share around if possible. I need to find the nice driver! icon_mrgreen.gif

Thank you for your time.

20140609_183200.jpg

20140609_182950.jpg

20140609_183114.jpg

↡ Advertisement

The onus is also on the driver turning to look out before turning whether the light is green or red. I for one don't like to take risk. I make sure the other bugger stop or at least slowing down to 20km/hour ( enuff for me to jam brake ) before crossing over when the light is in my favour

But u may check if the old fire station got any CCTV to back up your claims

And also, this junction is notorious in a way so there might be LTA-cameras. Pls see if u can find any.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Posting this on behalf of @Wynd

Are you the one driving the Civic, or the Toyota station wagon ?

Are you the one driving the Civic, or the Toyota station wagon ?

good question, we dun even know which car is asking? [laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

good question, we dun even know which car is asking? [laugh]

Can make a good guess by reading the post - I'd say the Purple Fury is the one that (allegedly) ran the red light

Edited by Darryn

Supersonic

The onus is also on the driver turning to look out before turning whether the light is green or red. I for one don't like to take risk. I make sure the other bugger stop or at least slowing down to 20km/hour ( enuff for me to jam brake ) before crossing over when the light is in my favour

But u may check if the old fire station got any CCTV to back up your claims

And also, this junction is notorious in a way so there might be LTA-cameras. Pls see if u can find any.

Even the traffic junction is equip with LTA camera also no use, cause if no injury involved, there is no way you can obtain the footage from the LTA camera.

Traffic junction accident always very difficult to judge who is at fault, usually heard the case high chance will be 50-50. Not true going straight usually wins the case, cause also must depends the other party claim report and what he say in his report.

Seems like front collision always at losing end, as the Toyota car damage seems to be quite mild, whereas the Honda car front consider quite badly damage.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Can make a good guess by reading the post - I'd say the Purple Fury is the one that (allegedly) ran the red light

Can equally make a good guess by looking at cars involved :- modded civic (allegedly) ran the red light instead of toyota family car .

Edited by F355

Seems like front collision always at losing end, as the Toyota car damage seems to be quite mild, whereas the Honda car front consider quite badly damage.

I thought Honda is "harder" than Toyota? This accident proved me wrong.

Sometimes, we judge by looking at the appearance of a person or thing, so, for this case, I would also like to say the Beng's look purple car with tiny side mirrors was the one who dashed the red light and the Toyota looks like it was driven by a careful driver.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I thought Honda is "harder" than Toyota? This accident proved me wrong.

Maybe Honda changed bumper and bonnet to carbon fibre .

Supersonic

I think depends on how the car hit, usually if front collision, if the car hit onto another car, damage will be more serious than the one who got hit. Based on the picture, i thought the one who beat the red light was the Toyota car, and Honda car was making a right turn?

Turbocharged

My guess is since beng civic has spent a lot zhenging his car , likelyhood is that it would have also installed in car cam. Cant tell from pic.

If the civic really had a car cam, and ran the red light , the driver would have destroyed the evidence , but then again this act may favour the victim if the case went into arbritation.

Turbocharged

I think depends on how the car hit, usually if front collision, if the car hit onto another car, damage will be more serious than the one who got hit. Based on the picture, i thought the one who beat the red light was the Toyota car, and Honda car was making a right turn?

Hmm yes I think you are right . If Toyota was making the right turn , it would have been hit on the passenger side .

So the likelyhood is that the Honda is making a right turn thus hitting the Toyota on the drivers side.

Honda turning right and Toyota ran red light.

Looks like I need to retract my earlier guess that its the Honda running the red light.

• Praise 1

(edited)

From the damages, looks the the Honda was turning right and the MPV was going straight. The right fender of the MPV yanked off the front bumper of the Honda.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Actually, Im the one in the civic and the toyota dashed the red light. Im turning right, he's going straight.

• Praise 1

HA [:p]

↡ Advertisement