Upgrade home aircon - is this possible?

Bluepica

Me using Mit MXY-4A38VA for two rooms and living room.10+10+18 combo.

Aircon cooling damn power.

Electrical bill also power!!!! Although its an inverter. [sweatdrop]

wah bro... ur 4A38 outdoor unit meant for system 4 for a big big HDB living hall.... killer to use it as system 3 lei... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

wah bro... ur 4A38 outdoor unit meant for system 4 for a big big HDB living hall.... killer to use it as system 3 lei... [sweatdrop]

No choice leh. Living room is of L shape design. So contractor say need bigger compressor. Paid $4,200 w/installation last year June.

• Praise 1

ya I also waiting for them to officially announce that we can place 2 compressors....my living room needs 2 at least haiz....

cannot meh....

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument

Guidelines Governing the Installation

• The running current of air-conditioner should be restricted by 20amps DP isolator or 15amps power point
  • Maximum of 2 split-type air-conditioner condensing units are allowed to be installed [ Note: The maximum weight allowed is 110 kg per wall panel be installed on the external wall or air-conditioner ledge]
  • For wall mounted air-conditioner condensing units, each wall panel is allowed to mount only 1 air-conditioner condensing unit
  • Praise 1

cannot meh....

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument

Guidelines Governing the Installation

• The running current of air-conditioner should be restricted by 20amps DP isolator or 15amps power point
  • Maximum of 2 split-type air-conditioner condensing units are allowed to be installed [ Note: The maximum weight allowed is 110 kg per wall panel be installed on the external wall or air-conditioner ledge]
  • For wall mounted air-conditioner condensing units, each wall panel is allowed to mount only 1 air-conditioner condensing unit

That time I check with the air con fellow, cannot leh.....old house mounted outside the window one....not sure is it the same rules.

• Praise 1

Bro , 2yrs ago, bought a Mitshibishi System 3 outdoor compressor , with 2 indoor fan coils .

Now want to add another unit to the study room , the air con dealer refuse to do the work, saying that they dont sell one unit of fan coil . Any bro here got lobang to buy one unit of fan coil with installation. Please PM contact , thanks.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Chemical cleaning is usually by caustic soda. I have the chemical.

It's not friendly to aluminum fins. So better not to use it.

I have pressure sprayer, but again be careful. If it's not aimed properly, directly at the fins, a distance apart, you might bend the radiator fins.

My compressor had a layer of blackish dirt almost like a blanket covering the fins, it's very difficult to get it out.

My final solution was spraying it with kao colour bleach (oxygen bleach), then finished up with pressure sprayer.

How you clean the compressor as I always worry the dirty water or air blow will affect the 2 house unit up and down.

I have always service the fan coil by myself.

I got a reply from HDB branch office that says my BTO unit single isolator is able to take 2 compressor... so I guess issue solve, adding a single unit, instead of changing the whole system that cost a bomb [sweatdrop]

Yes, if your hdb was build in the past 15yrs, should not be a problem.

My house key collect in 2000 and I already put 2 compressor.

• Praise 1

Bro , 2yrs ago, bought a Mitshibishi System 3 outdoor compressor , with 2 indoor fan coils .

Now want to add another unit to the study room , the air con dealer refuse to do the work, saying that they dont sell one unit of fan coil . Any bro here got lobang to buy one unit of fan coil with installation. Please PM contact , thanks.

Try asking Hong Tar Engineering

• Praise 1

Supersonic

How you clean the compressor as I always worry the dirty water or air blow will affect the 2 house unit up and down.

I have always service the fan coil by myself.

My compressor is at the balcony, so I don't affect anyone.

If you don't want to bother others, I guess you can wait till it's raining, then start cleaning.

No one should complain.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Selling my lao pork 15 year old Panasonic system now!!!! [grin]

Can sell? I'm also itchy to upgrade.

Very reluctant to hang around in the dining and living room nowadays.. Machiam like Thailand ICT.. still sweaty with the fan blowing in the face..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

chemical wash i ask people do

normal wash i do

i use the following equipment:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7786/1518110x

and

portable-garden-hos-hose.jpg

the steam alone is unable to remove the dirt

but water + the pressure of steam gets rid of dirt real fast

but need to get a baby bath tub below to collect the dirty water

Thanks, how do you wash the fan blade blower in yr rooms if you DIY? If dare not use chemical wash

Thanks, how do you wash the fan blade blower in yr rooms if you DIY? If dare not use chemical wash

Same method, I don't use any chemical

Just a water host and steam cleaner. But prepare a big baby bathtub below because it going get real wet

No need to spray too much water

Some water + the pressure from the steam cleaner will do

The pressure from the steam cleaner will push the water into hard to reach areas

The water will then carry out the dirt from the Aircon

• Praise 1

Me using Mit MXY-4A38VA for two rooms and living room.10+10+18 combo.

Aircon cooling damn power.

Electrical bill also power!!!! Although its an inverter. [sweatdrop]

If you are heavy user, one configuration you can consider is to use 2 smaller BTU in living room and 2 compressors instead of 1, to split the load equally for the 4 FCUs base on your usage. Most if not all compressors are designed to be most energy efficient at part load.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Same method, I don't use any chemical

Just a water host and steam cleaner. But prepare a big baby bathtub below because it going get real wet

No need to spray too much water

Some water + the pressure from the steam cleaner will do

The pressure from the steam cleaner will push the water into hard to reach areas

The water will then carry out the dirt from the Aircon

Any steam cleaner to recommend ?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I use either normal bleach or preferably kao colour bleach powder mixed in a solution of water and a hand pump sprayer.

You need a tray below to collect the water.

Then just spray on the radiator fins and the blower fan.

The bleach kills the germ, bacteria, algae, mold, which may be growing in the discharge pipe which clogged up the water.

• Praise 1

Any steam cleaner to recommend ?

the one that i use is no longer in producttion

you can consider this:

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/PID-IP020433(Courts)/Home-Appliances/Vacuums/Steam-Cleaners/KARCHER-STEAM-CLEANER-1500-W-SC1020

you call parisilk or goh ah bee probably can get cheaper

but courts one thing good is if more than $200, they deliver for free

no need so troublesome go shopping

just a few clicks on their website and they deliver to you

remember to get a large baby bath tub because it gonna get real wet

• Praise 1

That time I check with the air con fellow, cannot leh.....old house mounted outside the window one....not sure is it the same rules.

I checked with 5 air con installer, 4 of them say don't want to do my business if I insist on tapping two compressor to a single isolator.... only one said it can be done and they have done for a lot for BTO HDB, so far no problem.... then HDB office call me back said can, I told him a lot aircon installer says its illegal.. he also puzzled... so I think it depends on the estate and the HDB type you are staying at... not all having the same electrical specs.

This is how my 2 compressor installed at my air-conditioning ledge.

Ur ledge is damn big! unless u put two compressor else u pay that space for nothing...hehehe... my aircon ledge only enough for one compressor... extra have to use bracket wall mount above it. haiz... extra $150

↡ Advertisement