Upgrade home aircon - is this possible?

Bluepica

I checked with 5 air con installer, 4 of them say don't want to do my business if I insist on tapping two compressor to a single isolator.... only one said it can be done and they have done for a lot for BTO HDB, so far no problem.... then HDB office call me back said can, I told him a lot aircon installer says its illegal.. he also puzzled... so I think it depends on the estate and the HDB type you are staying at... not all having the same electrical specs.

Ur ledge is damn big! unless u put two compressor else u pay that space for nothing...hehehe... my aircon ledge only enough for one compressor... extra have to use bracket wall mount above it. haiz... extra $150

Yah....a few of the installers dun dare to do that too scared to troublesome.........

mine old estate no ledge also just plant the C4 outside my bedroom window......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My compressor is at the balcony, so I don't affect anyone.

If you don't want to bother others, I guess you can wait till it's raining, then start cleaning.

No one should complain.

Normal balcony area and not aircon ledge right? My air con ledge though will not kena rain water when it rains, but when u pour water, the water will actually drip down backwards into below unit aircon ledge which is close to a room window.... that time my upstairs neighbour washing it then the water flow two unit below and kena my downstair neighbour room and she scream and scold and scold [whip]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Normal balcony area and not aircon ledge right? My air con ledge though will not kena rain water when it rains, but when u pour water, the water will actually drip down backwards into below unit aircon ledge which is close to a room window.... that time my upstairs neighbour washing it then the water flow two unit below and kena my downstair neighbour room and she scream and scold and scold [whip]

Yeah, my compressor on balcony hang on a wall. Any water drips back into my balcony. It doesn't affect other people.

Mine don't have aircon ledge.

I know how frustrating it is.

My last hdb had a window unit and the top floor one drips water on it..tock..tock..tock ...whole night.

I used bleach before n when it spin, it damaged wifey handbags n dress.

Use kao colour bleach then, it's safer. Doesn't damage anything as it doesn't contain chlorine.

• Praise 1

Can sell? I'm also itchy to upgrade.

Very reluctant to hang around in the dining and living room nowadays.. Machiam like Thailand ICT.. still sweaty with the fan blowing in the face..

you want a old aircon for what? [confused][confused][confused] [confused]

you better off buying a new one lah

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

you want a old aircon for what? [confused][confused][confused] [confused]

you better off buying a new one lah

No.. thought u can sell your old one.. i wanna sell mine too.. then upgrade a new one la..

That time I check with the air con fellow, cannot leh.....old house mounted outside the window one....not sure is it the same rules.

Mine also old house. Upgraded by govt... I have 2 compressor... aircon man come and see say can leh

Mine also old house. Upgraded by govt... I have 2 compressor... aircon man come and see say can leh

I think I will recheck and get a 2nd opinion.....coz sometimes my friends can come over for party in the living room. lol

can't catch up with technology because the committee members are all from Jurassic park? [sly]

Those new flats that come with aircon ledge are allow to place two compressors provided not exceeding certain weight. The powerpoint (grey color box), what's the rating? Anyone know? if I add on one more compressor, can both compressor tap to the same point or it's compulsory to have a standalone point for each compressor? Some aircon man say yes, some say no.... I got contradictory feedback from them [confused]

HDB website doesn't state anything about sharing powerpoint for aircon compressor but only stated that as long as the power consumption doesn't exceed the rating of the point.

"The running current of air-conditioner should be restricted by 20amps DP isolator or 15amps power point" - from HDB website

I have two compressor at my aircon ledge... one system 4 ( now working on 3 units as I removed the spoiled unit in the master bedroom). Added a system 1 unit inventor type for my master bedroom. The power for the single unit was tapped from a power plug..... my contractor just change the main circuit breaker linked to this power plug to a higher amp one...all running fine without any issue.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

... my contractor just change the main circuit breaker linked to this power plug to a higher amp one...all running fine without any issue.

Last time my contractor does the same, just change breaker.

No wonder they charge cheap.

They are not supposed to just do that.

They should run thicker wires.

Just have to monitor the current wires don't overheat.

Turbocharged

I use either normal bleach or preferably kao colour bleach powder mixed in a solution of water and a hand pump sprayer.

You need a tray below to collect the water.

Then just spray on the radiator fins and the blower fan.

The bleach kills the germ, bacteria, algae, mold, which may be growing in the discharge pipe which clogged up the water.

Curious bro.. You are referringto the one inside the room, not the one outside?

U spray like that won't kenna any electronic stuff? Though I see a separate compartment for the electronic controller beside the radiator fin, I'm not sure if there's anything behind the fin..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Curious bro.. You are referringto the one inside the room, not the one outside?

U spray like that won't kenna any electronic stuff? Though I see a separate compartment for the electronic controller beside the radiator fin, I'm not sure if there's anything behind the fin..

Both.

Yes, there are electronics pcbs, on the remote sensor portion, and where the AC is connected. Avoid them.

But use Kao colour bleach better. It's not corrosive unlike normal bleach.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2