Frenchman convicted of kidnapping daughter's killer

Mustank

Black Ops, Euro Style

Bamberski_reuters.jpg
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 17:50
AFP

MULHOUSE, France - A 76-year-old Frenchman was convicted Wednesday of having kidnapped a German ex-doctor who had killed his daughter, but he avoided jail time as the court handed down a suspended sentence.

The court in the eastern French border town of Mulhouse gave Andre Bamberski a suspended one-year sentence for having abducted Dieter Krombach in Germany and brought him to France to face trial.

Krombach was found bound and gagged in 2009 near the courthouse in Mulhouse after Bamberski hired a kidnap team who snatched the ex-doctor from his home in the southern German town of Scheidegg.

Bamberski said he was "a bit disappointed" by the ruling, believing he should have been acquitted because he had a "moral compulsion" to act. He said he did not plan to appeal.

Krombach was convicted in 2011 over the death of Bamberski's 14-year-old daughter Kalinka - who was living at the German's home with her mother and younger brother - in 1982.

Germany cleared Krombach of her death and refused to extradite him. But Bamberski was convinced of his guilt, especially after Krombach was convicted of drugging and raping a 16-year-old patient in 1997.

France's top court in April confirmed Krombach's conviction for "deliberate violence leading to involuntary death" and his 15-year prison sentence.

The two men who carried out the kidnapping - Anton Krasniqi of Kosovo and Georgian Kacha Bablovani - were also found guilty and each sentenced to a year in prison.

Krombach, 79, did not travel from prison in Paris to attend the trial for health reasons.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Should follow Liam Neeson......Taken! Why bring him to face trial?

If he does that, he would hv stoop to same level as the Doc.

• Praise 1

Wah, looks a lot like John McCain!

old man 70+ liao but still look very fit and young

i think during ww2, must be some french resistance chap

• Praise 2

Supercharged

oops! accident happens [laugh][laugh]

Wah piangz then he needs a very gd counsel cos accident or not, will be charged w manslaughter.

• Praise 1

If he does that, he would hv stoop to same level as the Doc.

the fella is a psychopath lei......most probably had done it before and will do it again. He should have asked Liam neeson for help!
  • Praise 1

Let me get this straight, the german was convicted of murder of the french daughter in 2011 in France. But germany refuse to extradite him.
So father kidnaps the fella and brings him back successfully to France to be thrown into prison.

So he gets a 1 year suspended sentence.

This is really a father which father's day should be celebrated for.

Give that man a Tiger!

• Praise 2

Supercharged

the fella is a psychopath lei......most probably had done it before and will do it again. He should have asked Liam neeson for help!

If liddat, no need to trouble Liam. Just put the siao liang inside the car, get him marbok, do the carbon monoxide thingy. Need n clean.

If liddat, no need to trouble Liam. Just put the siao liang inside the car, get him marbok, do the carbon monoxide thingy. Need n clean.

hahaha.....might as we langgar him thrn say i thought i ran over a tree branch. See whether their jury system is better than our judge system anot......hahaha!

Supercharged

hahaha.....might as we langgar him thrn say i thought i ran over a tree branch. See whether their jury system is better than our judge system anot......hahaha!

Aiyah we lao kui in Spore w such stewpid reason gd enuff. Don't lao kui ourselves overseas.

Turbocharged

Provided the driver drove a lexus

Aiyah we lao kui in Spore w such stewpid reason gd enuff. Don't lao kui ourselves overseas.

hahaha.....still must try mar.....!

Provided the driver drove a lexus

errrr...like that cialat....frenchi loves their peugot! Dont know peugot sound insulation is better than a french cap anot.......hahahaha!

Turbocharged

hahaha.....still must try mar.....!

errrr...like that cialat....frenchi loves their peugot! Dont know peugot sound insulation is better than a french cap anot.......hahahaha!

That's why he didn't drag him under his car mah.🙊

That's why he didn't drag him under his car mah.

i did do a hannibal

simonhannibal.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1