The Cars@Expo

Dwee

Quoting "Ironhead" from gearhead.in:

<quote>

Alternator Management System (AMS) - 

AMS constantly monitors the state of the battery. It automatically disengages the alternator during periods of low electrical loads and a full battery charge. As a result, the load on the engine is reduced and fuel consumption lowered

<end quote>

The adding of this AMS in the elantra it is due to VES? From 2018 elantra?

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

No need feel funny la, most of the time dislike is always by anonymous de. Lol.

So did u bought it?

After this month less busy, should have time to go down showrooms to compare. I only need the car in q4. But coe at this level... Dunno whether the tide will wait for me. I'm quite notorious for missing the tides lol

After this month less busy, should have time to go down showrooms to compare. I only need the car in q4. But coe at this level... Dunno whether the tide will wait for me. I'm quite notorious for missing the tides lol

You are comparing elantra with what others model?

You are comparing elantra with what others model?

It's VFM proposition right now is too superior to any other vehicle. Barring me having some irrational dislike for it, I can't see any other alternative. If not a pi vezel with honda sensing but that's going into the 9+k per year depre range.

8k and below it's really only elantra at the moment.

That few mth ago, COE should be in the 40-55k region? Now COE dropped so much, and price instead of going down, had gone up instead???

Am i missing something here? Did the OMV shoot up?

How come ADs do such things now?

They wanted to, but BM said MUST take min 50K for one year loan, so my fren took this lor...

Ya exactly. Bm car price r goin up despite coe is dropping. Reliable std go up liao so car price also go up lo

What Tucson?

SUV Vs MPV?

Bummer.If Hyundai had a MPV,I would firstly avoid bloodsuckers from BM,secondly avoid stuck up attitude of cc,and thirdly avoid potential unreliability.

But given that Mitsubishi cc is better,I think I would rather go for the Outlander.

I like tucson la...

It's VFM proposition right now is too superior to any other vehicle. Barring me having some irrational dislike for it, I can't see any other alternative. If not a pi vezel with honda sensing but that's going into the 9+k per year depre range.

8k and below it's really only elantra at the moment.

Do look at the manual Hyundai Kona too.

Think the depreciation is 8K flat or less.

Comes with a turbo and lots of premium features.

Personally, the interior is unattractive, but different strokes, different folks

Do look at the manual Hyundai Kona too.

Think the depreciation is 8K flat or less.

Comes with a turbo and lots of premium features.

Personally, the interior is unattractive, but different strokes, different folks

Eh for my wife, I already trying to teach her how to park after not driving since she got her licence 13-14 years ago. If stick shift, I will vomit blood hahaha.

The adding of this AMS in the elantra it is due to VES? From 2018 elantra?

Duno leh bro. I'm a first time car owner waiting for my ride. hahaha

Honda fit yearly dep is like $7k+

All the fit variants in Sg whether City, Shuttle etc all 2 airbags except the FL vezel. K3 sx only top of range then 6 airbags.

The much derided vios vs the Pi axio also have full airbags. But these are subcompacts, one step down from elantra.

I want fuss free so staying away from entry French etc models.

All the fit variants in Sg whether City, Shuttle etc all 2 airbags except the FL vezel. K3 sx only top of range then 6 airbags.

The much derided vios vs the Pi axio also have full airbags. But these are subcompacts, one step down from elantra.

Guess u have done ur research.

Elantra will be a good choice

Honda Shuttle FL with Honda Sensing comes with 6 airbags.

Have to check the PI offering as there are many variants on the market. 

My bro in law just bought Elantra, don't feel that it's really that worth it. 

He regretted not buying K3 instead. 

• Praise 1

The current Elantra sold by KM is still using multi port injection engine when most modern cars now would be using direct injection engines. But not sure how significant is the improvement in fuel consumption for direct injection engines.

• Praise 1

Honda Shuttle FL with Honda Sensing comes with 6 airbags.

Have to check the PI offering as there are many variants on the market.

My bro in law just bought Elantra, don't feel that it's really that worth it.

He regretted not buying K3 instead.

Is K3 really much better than Elantra? Curious on your BIL opinion. Why he regret buying Elantra May I know?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3