Scratches on left front bumper

Tennis_ball

Has some scratches on left front bumper. 2 slices of paint are gone exposing the black metal. I went to a workshop, and was quoted 150 for repainting the entire left bumper. Is there any other alternative? Is 150 for half front bumer reasonable?

↡ Advertisement

Has some scratches on left front bumper. 2 slices of paint are gone exposing the black metal. I went to a workshop, and was quoted 150 for repainting the entire left bumper. Is there any other alternative? Is 150 for half front bumer reasonable?

Are you sure it is black metal? New cars today used plastic bumper, I m not sure about yours. My recommendation is not spray half of it. Firstly there will be colour difference as original is exposed to UV light for long time. Secondly what workshop done is sanded it and then re-spray for $150. Will you find that paint can be easily peeled off.

How big is 2 slices of paint? If small just used car sticker to stick it..........save money & time. I do that to my car when it was new about 2 months old. Some jealous neighbour scratches my car side approx. 2 to 3 inches vertically. To spray that small part will have colour differences and since it is original paint, I then decided to use sticker over it. Till today after more than 6 years, sticker is still there even with car washing frequently.

Are you sure it is black metal? New cars today used plastic bumper, I m not sure about yours. My recommendation is not spray half of it. Firstly there will be colour difference as original is exposed to UV light for long time. Secondly what workshop done is sanded it and then re-spray for $150. Will you find that paint can be easily peeled off.

How big is 2 slices of paint? If small just used car sticker to stick it..........save money & time. I do that to my car when it was new about 2 months old. Some jealous neighbour scratches my car side approx. 2 to 3 inches vertically. To spray that small part will have colour differences and since it is original paint, I then decided to use sticker over it. Till today after more than 6 years, sticker is still there even with car washing frequently.

It's black. I only thought it's metal. But after you mentioned, i think it may be plastic. Other scratches are just the shiny layer peeled off.

What's the car sticker you mentioned? Where to find the stickers? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

i got rear bumper is scratched and a big dent caused by accident. realized it was plastic type material not metal. anw any ideas to fix the big dent size of head?

Neutral Newbie

i got rear bumper is scratched and a big dent caused by accident. realized it was plastic type material not metal. anw any ideas to fix the big dent size of head?

Bro just do panel beating. Shouldn't be too expensive. Price depends on the make of your vehicle.

If you still go back to AD for servicing, can ask them to help you to do the minor touchup for you. It is free i guess cos i asked them to do it for me before.

• Praise 1