[Post Event] Mercedes-Benz Brunch Test Drive. 12 July 2014

pChou

Well, I have some happy feed backs n some disapointing feed backs... Firstly, good job to MCF... Julian and his team really put in great efforts to organise this event... ...

Sadly though, it ends here... Was pretty disappointing with the Merc ppl... Granted that they did try their best to give everyone a chance to test drive but then, it could be more better organize n prioritise... I didn't get to test drive the car that I like.. Not because I left or what... I was placed on a waiting list for the CLA test drive... I was told that there was a large number of ppl waiting to test drive that car.. I accept this n am willing to be placed on the waiting list.. I check with the Merc ppl a few times to see my placement and around 1 plus, they told me my turn was just 15 mins away..(bear in mind the event ends at 2pm)... So I waited at the table near to the registration counter... At around 1.45, the Merc ppl came and asked whether there is a person by the name of Andy... I said I am.. And after much hesitation, they told me I can't test drive coz the car already went back to the showroom.... What the...!!! And she told me they tried calling me but i didn't answered.. I immediately show her my phone log.. I Didn't get a miss call!!! No calls came in... N the hp no. I written was correct.. No wrong... N it was only 1.45!!! The lady was quite stunned when I show her that I didn't get any miss call... N then I asked whether the GLA was outside, she oso told me that it had gone back... When I left the place (before 2pm), the GLA test car was parked right outside in the car park.... Really disappointing.... If this is the kind of customer recognition that Merc is giving to their potential customer, then I'm sorry, coz they just lose one...

Ps: forgive me for the long posting...

sorry to hear of your experience. I find it a bit strange that given they could come back and ask if there is a person by the name of Andy, why couldn't they check if you are still on about the test drive before sending the car back to showroom? so, if they could ask about this, obviously they know there is still a customer who is waiting to test drive the car and why couldn't they take the trouble to ask around?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Check out the event photos! We're uploading more photos!

1291741405221192.jpeg

1291741405221341.jpeg1291741405220532.jpeg

Are these all MCF members ?

Are these all MCF members ?

Yups! They are, hahaha, high rank members! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Supercharged

Yups! They are, hahaha, high rank members! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Wah, high ranking members!! Put down their names leh..... so we can know them better. :D

It'll be an honour to know them..... [cool]

sorry to hear of your experience. I find it a bit strange that given they could come back and ask if there is a person by the name of Andy, why couldn't they check if you are still on about the test drive before sending the car back to showroom? so, if they could ask about this, obviously they know there is still a customer who is waiting to test drive the car and why couldn't they take the trouble to ask around?

Agreed...and they were bringing the form ard to look for me.. I mean I asked a few times at the counter, they should have recognise me but in the end.... Well, they offered to arrange a test drive at their showroom but my time is kinda pack... N just then, the sales person rang me up just asking whether wanna test drive or not... Like no apologies or any hint of apologetic manner... Haiz... Such a disappointment....

I got my test drive of the CLA200 at abt 12pm. The car look fantastic inside out. Its drives wonderful and a bit lack of power. My 6 yr old son sitting behind commented, 'papa this car no power de' haha.

Looks like my family is just too used to G forces [:p]

This is my 1st time driving a dual clutch auto tranny(many claimed its so good) & I thought its gonna impress me. Driven the car in all 3 modes, ECO, SPORTS and MANUAL. ECO mode is super laggy. SPORTS mode slightly better with engine braking and lastly I played with the paddle shifts, disappointingly, the dual clutch tranny is kinda unresponsive & slow in gear changes. I asked the sales person if there is a manual tranny option she smiled and said no.

Honestly, I feel I could out shifted the DCT gearbox anytime in my traditional manual tranny. Nothing beats the fun and control of a traditional 3 pedals [drivingcar]

Overall, the CLA is a great car. I thank sgcarmart and Mercedes Benz for the wonderful experience.

• Praise 3

wah... i low rank member so thats why i in background only lor?? [bigcry][bigcry]

Got show in background very god liao.......many others don't even have the chance! ha ha ha

• Praise 1

It was a decent event food was alright. I came late because date was late hence maybe I didn't get to test drive after waiting. Nice location though. And yes winning the Key chain was nice :). So sad the presenter only got eyes for my girl lol

The event looks good! I shall join next time. So mod when is the next one?

Can do a test drive event for supercar? Maybe Porsche??

Well, I have some happy feed backs n some disapointing feed backs... Firstly, good job to MCF... Julian and his team really put in great efforts to organise this event... 👍👍...

Sadly though, it ends here... Was pretty disappointing with the Merc ppl... Granted that they did try their best to give everyone a chance to test drive but then, it could be more better organize n prioritise... I didn't get to test drive the car that I like.. Not because I left or what... I was placed on a waiting list for the CLA test drive... I was told that there was a large number of ppl waiting to test drive that car.. I accept this n am willing to be placed on the waiting list.. I check with the Merc ppl a few times to see my placement and around 1 plus, they told me my turn was just 15 mins away..(bear in mind the event ends at 2pm)... So I waited at the table near to the registration counter... At around 1.45, the Merc ppl came and asked whether there is a person by the name of Andy... I said I am.. And after much hesitation, they told me I can't test drive coz the car already went back to the showroom.... What the...!!! And she told me they tried calling me but i didn't answered.. I immediately show her my phone log.. I Didn't get a miss call!!! No calls came in... N the hp no. I written was correct.. No wrong... N it was only 1.45!!! The lady was quite stunned when I show her that I didn't get any miss call... N then I asked whether the GLA was outside, she oso told me that it had gone back... When I left the place (before 2pm), the GLA test car was parked right outside in the car park.... Really disappointing.... If this is the kind of customer recognition that Merc is giving to their potential customer, then I'm sorry, coz they just lose one...

Ps: forgive me for the long posting...

I think those who came and register early got to test drive first. I reached the place at about 930am and was among the first to register for the test drive. I noticed that there were a lot of ppl wanted to test drive the CLA though the GLA was supposed to be the star of the day.

You didn't lose much by not getting to test drive the CLA, It was quite a disappointment.

The pick up was not as smooth as I had expected it to be. To be honest, my Mazda 6 drives better than the CLA.

I agree. I left the venue ard 11.45 after test driving. Nth to rave about..

I left the venue after the talk cos the A class and GLA were not available for test drive. Nonetheless it was a good event.

• Praise 1

I left the venue after the talk cos the A class and GLA were not available for test drive. Nonetheless it was a good event.

Hmm, u went late? I guess I was one of the first to test the car at 11.30am.. Seriously, new Mercedes have looks but lacking power.

Hmm, u went late? I guess I was one of the first to test the car at 11.30am.. Seriously, new Mercedes have looks but lacking power.

Am surprised they didn't bring in the CLA250, which should offer a much better drive.

↡ Advertisement