• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic | 215 praises

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

was at SAFRA Toa Payoh couple of days ago and looking at the old photos on the wall.  Chanced upon this photo that i realised the old NSmen actually had pirorities for HDB flats....  

Then why this privilege was taken away for the later (present) generation?  [mad]  [mad]

I rem in one of the suggestions posted by angry citizens calling for NSmen to be given pirorty for HDB flat selection.  This is nothing new!!  They did had this scheme before in 1974, and taken away for whatever reason!!!! [mad]

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140623_163432_resized.jpg

Turboflat4, StefanK, Mr_b20 and Solar praised this
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because it's impractical afterwhile?

Think majority of co-applicants in the 80s and 90s were Singaporean males who have served NS.

Edited by Toothiewabbit, 25 June 2014 - 02:37 PM.

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing, was not aware that there was this privilege!  

Well, I guess with more non-NS-serving-citizen here, makes good sense to bring it back!

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Who took it say?? Was it AWARE???
Vid, Eviilusion, Ake109 and 2 Anonymous members praised this
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

was at SAFRA Toa Payoh couple of days ago and looking at the old photos on the wall.  Chanced upon this photo that i realised the old NSmen actually had pirorities for HDB flats....  

Then why this privilege was taken away for the later (present) generation?  [mad]  [mad]

I rem in one of the suggestions posted by angry citizens calling for NSmen to be given pirorty for HDB flat selection.  This is nothing new!!  They did had this scheme before in 1974, and taken away for whatever reason!!!! [mad]

Cos last time we troy with our sweat and blood to serve NS.

Now all but lost to the push of 'buttons' warfare. Training also not so siong. 

My time in the 1976, hot weather also train, heavy downpour with lightning also train, kana terkan by Cpl also LLST, cannot complaint, book-out in smart No. 3 with complete starch and shinning boots.

Never heard of 'heat stoke' or boys attempted suicide or complaint to MP's. Everybodies waiting & looking forward to that 'ROD' (Run Out of Date).... [:|]  [:|]

NAI011 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My time in the 1976, hot weather also train, heavy downpour with lightning also train, kana terkan by Cpl also LLST, cannot complaint, book-out in smart No. 3 with complete starch and shinning boots.

Never heard of 'heat stoke' or boys attempted suicide or complaint to MP's. Everybodies waiting & looking forward to that 'ROD' (Run Out of Date).... [:|]  [:|]

u dont bluff here..

u PES C last time one.... obese and clerk vocation right? 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u dont bluff here..

u PES C last time one.... obese and clerk vocation right? 

You wrong...

I'm armoured trained, gone through jungle survival training. Applied for 'Ranger' course but rejected cos they only want 'regulars' that time, only left with few more months to ROD ... [furious]

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You wrong...

I'm armoured trained, gone through jungle survival training. Applied for 'Ranger' course but rejected cos they only want 'regulars' that time, only left with few more months to ROD ... [furious]

then y no sign on?   [laugh]

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think its to recognise the first few batches of NSMen who has gone thru' the tough trainings when we became independence in 1965. That was a difficult period when everyone seems to want to makan us.

As we have more and more ppl enlisting into army, guess the relevance is not there anymore, since most men do go thru NS.

Coming into now this period, if they are revisiting this issue, also good for singaporeans.

This will be one of the way to differentiate betw core singaporeas and PRs, etc.

Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

then y no sign on?   [laugh]

I don't want to be a 'tan chiak peng', no regrets ... -_-

Found that army life very stereo and routine type. Only enjoy when going oversea for training. Other than that, everyday inside camp [knife]

Sir here, Sir there, Yes Sir, No Sir, My Grandmother or Grandfather can do better then you, KNNBCCB waiting for what?.... etc... :ph34r:

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think its to recognise the first few batches of NSMen who has gone thru' the tough trainings when we became independence in 1965. That was a difficult period when everyone seems to want to makan us.

As we have more and more ppl enlisting into army, guess the relevance is not there anymore, since most men do go thru NS.

Coming into now this period, if they are revisiting this issue, also good for singaporeans.

This will be one of the way to differentiate betw core singaporeas and PRs, etc.

i agree... since the garment been harping on giving recognition to guys doing NS, implement this priority back again.  This will really make the tangible difference  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i agree... since the garment been harping on giving recognition to guys doing NS, implement this priority back again.  This will really make the tangible difference  

Wait all the PR also want to serve 2 years and then apply for housing how .... [sweatdrop]

So much cheaper buying from open market ... [grin]

[laugh]  [laugh]

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Aware will kpkb.
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There must be a good reason for it to be implemented and an even BIGGER reason why it was removed.

Who know why???

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There must be a good reason for it to be implemented and an even BIGGER reason why it was removed.

Who know why???

errrrrrrrrr........... housing more than applicants and no takers ... :huh:

Edited by Picnic06, 25 June 2014 - 03:15 PM.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

errrrrrrrrr........... housing more than applicants and no takers ... :huh:

So this kind of policy will only be around when supply higher than demand. When demand goes up, the policy will be removed. Hmmm... Logical. Sounds like something our gahmen will do.
Super7 praised this

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hydrocarbon
  • Hydrocarbon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I know current NS not as "xiong" as previous generation / years, and while there are definitely chao kengsters, the current generation of NSF still play a huge role in the defense of Singapore. Technology has changed the way we live, it should also change the way we fight. There were definitely kengsters in the past, as there are now. Maybe it's because of social media that more have came to light.

Let's not put down one generation of servicemen just because their service is deemed to be less "tough". We all (mostly) still serve and defend our nation and our loved ones all the same.

Ttbest and 2 Anonymous members praised this
吃别人所不能吃的苦,忍别人所不能忍的气,做别人所不能做的事,
就能享受别人所不能享受的一切.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Ttbest
  • Premium member
    Ttbest
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Because it's impractical afterwhile?

Think majority of co-applicants in the 80s and 90s were Singaporean males who have served NS.

I respectfully disagree.

Looking at the actual number of singaporeans now, so many flat owners are no PRs or 2nd gen PRs turned citizen.

They DO NOT serve NS.

Though whether the policy get's revised does not impact me since im already a HDB owner, but we should think of the rest of our fellow singaporeans.

Also, AWARE should not kpkb unless they intend to marry men who are not singaporeans or they can volunteer for 2.5 years and get the same "privilege"

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I respectfully disagree.

Looking at the actual number of singaporeans now, so many flat owners are no PRs or 2nd gen PRs turned citizen.

They DO NOT serve NS.

Though whether the policy get's revised does not impact me since im already a HDB owner, but we should think of the rest of our fellow singaporeans.

Also, AWARE should not kpkb unless they intend to marry men who are not singaporeans or they can volunteer for 2.5 years and get the same "privilege"

I agree with this.

and frankly, if our government really made up their mind on some policy......you think aware or unaware can influent it?

I don't think so.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Ahgong
  • Premium member
    Ahgong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

You wrong...

armour?!? on the AMX? or the SM1? or the APC?

Wait all the PR also want to serve 2 years and then apply for housing how .... [sweatdrop]

So much cheaper buying from open market ... [grin]

[laugh]  [laugh]

eh... should not apply to PR who serve NS.

strictly for Singaporean who serve NS.

want priority? change citizenship. no two ways about it.  [mad]

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: nsmen, privileges and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users