Last time, NSmen has more privileges

Donut

Supercharged

was at SAFRA Toa Payoh couple of days ago and looking at the old photos on the wall. Chanced upon this photo that i realised the old NSmen actually had pirorities for HDB flats....

Then why this privilege was taken away for the later (present) generation? [mad][mad]

I rem in one of the suggestions posted by angry citizens calling for NSmen to be given pirorty for HDB flat selection. This is nothing new!! They did had this scheme before in 1974, and taken away for whatever reason!!!! [mad]

post-28957-0-27955000-1403676744_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Because it's impractical afterwhile?

Think majority of co-applicants in the 80s and 90s were Singaporean males who have served NS.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 3

Thanks for sharing, was not aware that there was this privilege!

Well, I guess with more non-NS-serving-citizen here, makes good sense to bring it back!

• Praise 3

was at SAFRA Toa Payoh couple of days ago and looking at the old photos on the wall. Chanced upon this photo that i realised the old NSmen actually had pirorities for HDB flats....

Then why this privilege was taken away for the later (present) generation? [mad][mad]

I rem in one of the suggestions posted by angry citizens calling for NSmen to be given pirorty for HDB flat selection. This is nothing new!! They did had this scheme before in 1974, and taken away for whatever reason!!!! [mad]

Cos last time we troy with our sweat and blood to serve NS.

Now all but lost to the push of 'buttons' warfare. Training also not so siong.

My time in the 1976, hot weather also train, heavy downpour with lightning also train, kana terkan by Cpl also LLST, cannot complaint, book-out in smart No. 3 with complete starch and shinning boots.

Never heard of 'heat stoke' or boys attempted suicide or complaint to MP's. Everybodies waiting & looking forward to that 'ROD' (Run Out of Date).... [:|][:|]

• Praise 3

Supercharged

My time in the 1976, hot weather also train, heavy downpour with lightning also train, kana terkan by Cpl also LLST, cannot complaint, book-out in smart No. 3 with complete starch and shinning boots.

Never heard of 'heat stoke' or boys attempted suicide or complaint to MP's. Everybodies waiting & looking forward to that 'ROD' (Run Out of Date).... [:|][:|]

u dont bluff here..

u PES C last time one.... obese and clerk vocation right?

• Praise 1

u dont bluff here..

u PES C last time one.... obese and clerk vocation right?

You wrong...

I'm armoured trained, gone through jungle survival training. Applied for 'Ranger' course but rejected cos they only want 'regulars' that time, only left with few more months to ROD ... [furious]

Supercharged

You wrong...

I'm armoured trained, gone through jungle survival training. Applied for 'Ranger' course but rejected cos they only want 'regulars' that time, only left with few more months to ROD ... [furious]

then y no sign on? [laugh]

• Praise 1

I think its to recognise the first few batches of NSMen who has gone thru' the tough trainings when we became independence in 1965. That was a difficult period when everyone seems to want to makan us.

As we have more and more ppl enlisting into army, guess the relevance is not there anymore, since most men do go thru NS.

Coming into now this period, if they are revisiting this issue, also good for singaporeans.

This will be one of the way to differentiate betw core singaporeas and PRs, etc.

• Praise 3

then y no sign on? [laugh]

I don't want to be a 'tan chiak peng', no regrets ... -_-

Found that army life very stereo and routine type. Only enjoy when going oversea for training. Other than that, everyday inside camp [knife]

Sir here, Sir there, Yes Sir, No Sir, My Grandmother or Grandfather can do better then you, KNNBCCB waiting for what?.... etc... :ph34r:

Supercharged

I think its to recognise the first few batches of NSMen who has gone thru' the tough trainings when we became independence in 1965. That was a difficult period when everyone seems to want to makan us.

As we have more and more ppl enlisting into army, guess the relevance is not there anymore, since most men do go thru NS.

Coming into now this period, if they are revisiting this issue, also good for singaporeans.

This will be one of the way to differentiate betw core singaporeas and PRs, etc.

i agree... since the garment been harping on giving recognition to guys doing NS, implement this priority back again. This will really make the tangible difference

• Praise 1

i agree... since the garment been harping on giving recognition to guys doing NS, implement this priority back again. This will really make the tangible difference

Wait all the PR also want to serve 2 years and then apply for housing how .... [sweatdrop]

So much cheaper buying from open market ... [grin]

[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Aware will kpkb.

Hypersonic

There must be a good reason for it to be implemented and an even BIGGER reason why it was removed.

Who know why???

• Praise 1

(edited)

There must be a good reason for it to be implemented and an even BIGGER reason why it was removed.

Who know why???

errrrrrrrrr........... housing more than applicants and no takers ... :huh:

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

errrrrrrrrr........... housing more than applicants and no takers ... :huh:

So this kind of policy will only be around when supply higher than demand. When demand goes up, the policy will be removed. Hmmm... Logical. Sounds like something our gahmen will do.

• Praise 1

I know current NS not as "xiong" as previous generation / years, and while there are definitely chao kengsters, the current generation of NSF still play a huge role in the defense of Singapore. Technology has changed the way we live, it should also change the way we fight. There were definitely kengsters in the past, as there are now. Maybe it's because of social media that more have came to light.

Let's not put down one generation of servicemen just because their service is deemed to be less "tough". We all (mostly) still serve and defend our nation and our loved ones all the same.

• Praise 3

Because it's impractical afterwhile?

Think majority of co-applicants in the 80s and 90s were Singaporean males who have served NS.

I respectfully disagree.

Looking at the actual number of singaporeans now, so many flat owners are no PRs or 2nd gen PRs turned citizen.

They DO NOT serve NS.

Though whether the policy get's revised does not impact me since im already a HDB owner, but we should think of the rest of our fellow singaporeans.

Also, AWARE should not kpkb unless they intend to marry men who are not singaporeans or they can volunteer for 2.5 years and get the same "privilege"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2