4th telco ai lai liao....

Tjkbeluga

Regarding prepaid, just recently learnt the following :

- The value is best to just use for calls & SMS

- If using data like for whatsapp/facebook, better use the value to buy those data plan.. for singtel prepaid, there're 100MB for 7 days @ $2, 1GB for 30 days @ $10 etc..

- If no data plan, charges will be at $2.70 per MB!!! Personally encountered this as my boy unwittingly used data on his prepaid phone during the singtel fibre outage on 3 dec while at home as he tot data will be free while I also didn't warn him that free data is only for postpaid lines... within a day... $30+ value all wipe out  :o

Managed to call the prepaid hotline where the cust care guy explained to me the above & at the same time, help to disable data for the line... when i decide to enable back data (e.g. when school re-open) can always call back to do so. Explaining my ignorance on prepaid data charges being so exorbitant, he agreed to recharge $25 back to the line  [;)]

• Praise 1

That's the beauty of prepaid. They are quite "flexible". My $$$ was wiped out before also. Called up and they reinstate back.  [laugh]

You can actually disable/enable the data yourself by dialling USSD code *360

Regarding prepaid, just recently learnt the following :

- The value is best to just use for calls & SMS

- If using data like for whatsapp/facebook, better use the value to buy those data plan.. for singtel prepaid, there're 100MB for 7 days @ $2, 1GB for 30 days @ $10 etc..

- If no data plan, charges will be at $2.70 per MB!!! Personally encountered this as my boy unwittingly used data on his prepaid phone during the singtel fibre outage on 3 dec while at home as he tot data will be free while I also didn't warn him that free data is only for postpaid lines... within a day... $30+ value all wipe out  :o

Managed to call the prepaid hotline where the cust care guy explained to me the above & at the same time, help to disable data for the line... when i decide to enable back data (e.g. when school re-open) can always call back to do so. Explaining my ignorance on prepaid data charges being so exorbitant, he agreed to recharge $25 back to the line  [;)]

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 4

Anyone knows whether I can do this:

Change postpaid line to prepaid line

I don't mind jump to another telco

Key thing is I want to retain the number

I asked before...........cannot........... <_<

try asking see if can convert to those mobile share plan or not.............those sub line tag to main line plan.............i think is $10.70 a month............share everything with main line............ ^_^

• Praise 2

I asked before...........cannot........... <_<

try asking see if can convert to those mobile share plan or not.............those sub line tag to main line plan.............i think is $10.70 a month............share everything with main line............ ^_^

tag on main line can port and keep number, not only share everything from main line but also add extra 1 GB data.

tag on main line can port and keep number, not only share everything from main line but also add extra 1 GB data.

wah........didnt know so good..........but seem like not very popular leh...........i read abt it sometime ago.............but no use for me......... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

That's the beauty of prepaid. They are quite "flexible". My $$$ was wiped out before also. Called up and they reinstate back.  [laugh]

You can actually disable/enable the data yourself by dialling USSD code *360

yah lor............last time one of my maid............came running to me said someone stole her money in her phone..............actually is she knn listen to her friend.................go activate the free incoming call ................everyday deduct 60 cents until kosong........... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Need some recommendations

It's for my maid.

Currently she using prepaid top up singtel line

She realised she needs WIFI do that she can do Skype with son and hubby, and surf web.

I refused to let her use home WiFi coz I don't wan her to take things for granted. When something is free, people will tend to overuse it.

So if I want her to pay for her own data plan, so she can do Skype and surf web, what options do I have?

Is there a prepaid data plan that she can buy and top up?

It's for my maid.

She realised she needs WIFI do that she can do Skype with son and hubby, and surf web.

I refused to let her use home WiFi coz I don't wan her to take things for granted. When something is free, people will tend to overuse it.

So if I want her to pay for her own data plan, so she can do Skype and surf web, what options do I have?

SINGTEL have prepaid cards that cost $38 for 1Gb data and $50 for 5Gb data.

Used to get them for my daughter last time but found it very expensive and not worth it.

You will be surprised how fast 1Gb runs out. Especially with the background apps using data as well.

Now using Mobile share instead. Extra $10.70 per month and I allocate 4 out of 6Gb for my daughter.

She hits the limit, she automatically get cut off from data usage while the rest of the phone functions remains.

Edited by Ken_leong

It's for my maid.

use the router setting to regulate her usage.
  • Praise 1

SINGTEL have prepaid cards that cost $38 for 1Gb data and $50 for 5Gb data.

Used to get them for my daughter last time but found it very expensive and not worth it.

You will be surprised how fast 1Gb runs out. Especially with the background apps using data as well.

Now using Mobile share instead. Extra $10.70 per month and I allocate 4 out of 6Gb for my daughter.

She hits the limit, she automatically get cut off from data usage while the rest of the phone functions remains.

The Mobile Share is from singtel?

How does it work? I'm M1 user, while she's Singtel prepaid.

use the router setting to regulate her usage.

Thanks.

Using router to regulate means to set the timing that she's allowed to use?

Thanks.

SINGTEL mobile share is having 2 SIM cards with different numbers. It's like a supplementary card. I believe m1 and star hub have something similar. Just in a different name.

She will be using your talktime, data and messages.

The good thing is you get to set a limit of data the supplementary user can use.

Once it hits 90% and that limit. You will be informed thru SMS that the supplementary user has reached 90% or the limit of the available data.

After which the supplementary user won't be able to use data anymore.

But I don't think it's workable for you cos u have to share your data with her.

SINGTEL mobile share is having 2 SIM cards with different numbers. It's like a supplementary card. I believe m1 and star hub have something similar. Just in a different name.

She will be using your talktime, data and messages.

The good thing is you get to set a limit of data the supplementary user can use.

Once it hits 90% and that limit. You will be informed thru SMS that the supplementary user has reached 90% or the limit of the available data.

After which the supplementary user won't be able to use data anymore.

But I don't think it's workable for you cos u have to share your data with her.

skali she use up all the data and call time [sweatdrop]

Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem if she's logging on as a guest, you can be quite specific about what timings provided your router firmware and software is updated.

For example,

http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/ParentalControl.html

http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009856/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1