4th telco ai lai liao....

Tjkbeluga

i really wish the 4th telco is either from malaysia or indonesia

this way we can scrap the overseas roaming chargers when we are at their countries

imagine using data in malacca/batam at sg rates

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I thought Virgin Mobile was only using Singtel infrastructure and just put their brand on their SIM card to resell Singtel mobile service but at a competitive price plan? In fact vm is even considered a telco.

• Praise 1

(edited)

It's virtual mobile operator = buy airtime wholesale from operator with physical infrastructure and resell to end consumers. There are quite a few in MY like tron and tune....

I am still using my Virgin SIM and the network display now is on "roaming mode" SingTel l Virgin Mobile instead of just Virgin Mobile previously.

I thought Virgin Mobile was only using Singtel infrastructure and just put their brand on their SIM card to resell Singtel mobile service but at a competitive price plan? In fact vm is even considered a telco.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

What happened to Virgin back then? I was too young to know anything, though I remember one of their selling points was 'unlimited SMS' which was not offered by the other Telcos (I remembered my Singtel plan that my parents gave me only allowed for 100 SMS I think).

the virgin got farked and screwed over by TH. so it became slut mobile?

• Praise 1

For a comparison, check out Lebara prepaid in Europe. They don't own any infrastructure, but they are operating in many of the European countries, offering cheap calls and data. Basically they piggyback on the existing telcos and sell airtime.

Best of all, in most places, the SIM card itself (no value inside) is free.

If MyRepublic offers cheap and abundant data, then can consider using it on a tablet.

(edited)

Virgin Mobile failed in Singapore is mainly due to Singaporeans obsession with postpaid plans.

At that time, prepaid from the main infrastructure operator is also charging very high airtime @ 35 cents per minute. Perhaps, it was the reasons for being so unpopular.

IIRC, Virgin was selling like 22 cents then?

Eventually with more competitors - M1 and SH coming in, it went down to about 16 cents peak and 8 cents off-peak currrently.

But with current record number of tourists and "tourists", guest workers, etc, prepaid is a lucrative market. I hazard guess that majority of the unused airtime/prepaid value are makaned by operators when the prepaid SIM becomes inactive. This credit "write-back" is not to be overlooked.

Edited by Kangadrool

my starhub also unlimited data plan ... but .... but ... but ... sibei lousy ... very poor reception and sibei slow ... quite fast at 2am-5am ... lol

got unlimited data also no use ....

Why u talk macam u use malaysia telco ar? So far as starhub customer i have no prob one except underground carparks

i really wish the 4th telco is either from malaysia or indonesia

this way we can scrap the overseas roaming chargers when we are at their countries

imagine using data in malacca/batam at sg rates

I will be the first to suscribe. Imagine they say use ur data in sg and malaysia at same price!

• Praise 2

(edited)

Would be best also if MyRepublic can offer those ulu brand phone for contract with their new line e.g. Pantech, Oppo, iMobile etc, instead of those common Samsung, HTC,Sony, LG

Edited by Chiawy
  • Praise 1

why bother with all these tie ups when phones are really affordable now?

Important thing is low low price at high high service level to be different 'cos now the market situation is high high price at low low service level.

Would be best also if MyRepublic can offer those ulu brand phone for contract with their new line e.g. Pantech, Oppo, iMobile etc, instead of those common Samsung, HTC,Sony, LG

has anyone asked why myrepublic suddenly appear out of nowhere as the 4th telco? did IDA do a public tender?

This kind of thing where can tender one. You think so easy to become a telco meh....

Turbocharged

This kind of thing where can tender one. You think so easy to become a telco meh....

wah so they give to friend friend? i tot here is meritocratic society n no corruption or cronyism? :D

wah so they give to friend friend? i tot here is meritocratic society n no corruption or cronyism? :D

Not to that extend also laa... MyRepublic has been operating here for quite some time. So they have somewhat proven themselves.

Twincharged

Genuine and open competiton are good. Those fake and backed by govt type competiton have push prices up instead.. World Cup telecast is a good example..

so u say leh

which type we have in SG for mobile.. real or fake?

Not to that extend also laa... MyRepublic has been operating here for quite some time. So they have somewhat proven themselves.

customer service has deteriorated significantly, as expected with more people signing up

I have upgraded to the 1Gbps with better router. Happy so far.

In any case i will support them even if the quality is slightly lower than ST or SH. Until such time they are bought by TH

(edited)

Singapore telcos top list for poor customer service: survey

2 in 3 Singaporeans are very dissatisfied.

so u say leh

which type we have in SG for mobile.. real or fake?

customer service has deteriorated significantly, as expected with more people signing up

I have upgraded to the 1Gbps with better router. Happy so far.

In any case i will support them even if the quality is slightly lower than ST or SH. Until such time they are bought by TH

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

Lai lai lai, let me share good lobang.....

Upgraded my vintage 2G mini SIM prepaid card to 4G nano SIM prepaid card at SingTel last week.

1. Phone number is retained. (Yes, last time cannot)

2. All credits transferred over to new SIM (again, last time cannot. Must get new number, then can)

3. Was told it will cost me $35 + 7% GST to change new card. Surprise surprise, when at the cashier, they just ask me to pay $38 as top up. Presto, additional $38 was credited to my account. Immediately heard my SMS ring tone = conspermed! Same added benefit as new nano SIM prepaid holder, got 1GB of data free for 7 days.

4. In less than 1 hour, old card deactivated. New SIM working with all credits in!

5. Favourite number retained!

6. Bought another nano prepaid SIM and free umbrella given. No choice of colour; only in red. [laugh]

Had a little problem with internet. Called up prepaid hotline and was attended in 1 minute. Got it sorted out and immediately can surf liao.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement