What brake pad U choose for your car? Cheap? Good? Genuine ?

Ahbao999

bite/dust dont mix

pad compound for diff country make is not ideal for other country use

best is stock from agent

Some agents really chopping carrots leh! [knife][knife][knife]

One example is tyre pressure sensor. Local agents can ask for 400-500 PER PIECE. :o Buy online USD 100 or less. We are talking about exactly the same thing.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Any more reviews for Akebono brake pads?

My current ride using Nibk and Vetto. Braking quite spongy. Average. Must depress brake quite deep.

I am thinking of Akebono, project mu, bendix or brembo brake pads.

Anyone on these pads? Pls give review. Tks

Reply: If pedal spongy cud also b due to some air got into brake line. Try to bleed the brake fluid a bit then see how.

Change pads in jb how much?

Just b careful of parts bought in JB. There many imitation or low quality but looks exactly like Original.

My fren change pads for his Stream there. After 2 days change again in SG. He say JB pads CMI.

Some agents really chopping carrots leh! [knife][knife][knife]

One example is tyre pressure sensor. Local agents can ask for 400-500 PER PIECE. :o Buy online USD 100 or less. We are talking about exactly the same thing.

In SG anybody selling anything wil try to charge as much as possible n earn as much as possible too.

They just trying to take advantage of ignorant pple n those too lazy to search around for best value.

In SG anybody selling anything wil try to charge as much as possible n earn as much as possible too.

They just trying to take advantage of ignorant pple n those too lazy to search around for best value.

Agreed.

We already kena [knife] by garmen paying 4-5 times more for our cars compared to rest of the world.

Least we can do is shop around for parts and anything else. Many products and services, including govt services, are over-priced!

• Praise 2

OK tks. What I am looking at is good braking ability and bite. Suitable for daily use

Not those performance pads.

what car you are driving ?

• Praise 1

I think could be brake pad going to botak soon. so now starting to ask review and hunt for brands.

Brake fluid changed in Dec 2013.

If stock and daily driven, just get original Mazda brake pads. The operating heat range is lower so you get to optimum braking power in a shorter period/distance. Probably kinder to the rotors as well. Can try asking Fong Yat for availability and prices.

If you go for spirited drive often, can look at EBC Greenstuff (Huat Lee).

• Praise 1

I firmly believe that tyres and brake items are those few things which I would never save on. I can sometime save on 50 cents parking coupons, but not these. Go stock is the safest for brake pads.

Edited by Optramagnum
  • Praise 1

If stock and daily driven, just get original Mazda brake pads. The operating heat range is lower so you get to optimum braking power in a shorter period/distance. Probably kinder to the rotors as well. Can try asking Fong Yat for availability and prices.

If you go for spirited drive often, can look at EBC Greenstuff (Huat Lee).

seems that stock would be the best suitable. But I guess some OEM pads may be also better than stock.

seems that stock would be the best suitable. But I guess some OEM pads may be also better than stock.

Most car manufacturers get their parts from OEM manufacturers like Denso, NGK, Bosch, ZF, TRW...etc.

• Praise 2

Most car manufacturers get their parts from OEM manufacturers like Denso, NGK, Bosch, ZF, TRW...etc.

Agreed with you. Seem like you know it quite well.

OEM means original equipment manufacturers, ie they manufacture for the car makers, so the parts would be exactly the same, except for the printed logo or maybe just the box, and also the part number.

e.g. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1774090

Car companies don't manufacture filters, spark plugs, brake pads etc, and sometimes not even critical parts like gear box and ECU.

So save ourselves some money and go for OEM parts or even after-market parts if you are more adventurous. If in doubt, make use of sites like Amazon that would show compatible products after you key in your car model/VIN Number.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi i am using DJ brake pad. Reasonable price and good. Have also recommended it to my relatives and friends and they commented it's good and value for money.

• Praise 1

Recently saw a number of WS marketing this pads. Dixcel from Japan.

Anyone using?

Using Dixcel M type pads but really can't tell much difference from stock pads under normal braking conditions. Only had 1 opportunity to do hard braking on the SLE lane 1 once and i guess the Michelin PS3 helped as well. The white Altis behind me was leaving a cloud of white tyre smoke as I glance back and quickly went on intermittent braking.

Dust wise not much difference too. How much is the Dixcel compared to stock or EBC Yellow?

Using Dixcel M type pads but really can't tell much difference from stock pads under normal braking conditions. Only had 1 opportunity to do hard braking on the SLE lane 1 once and i guess the Michelin PS3 helped as well. The white Altis behind me was leaving a cloud of white tyre smoke as I glance back and quickly went on intermittent braking.

Dust wise not much difference too. How much is the Dixcel compared to stock or EBC Yellow?

Dixcel about 120. Stock about 140-150 if I remember correctly. EBC never ask.

Project mu entry level about 130 to 140.

Edited by Divers
↡ Advertisement