Kallang Wave SportsHub

kobayashiGT

If NDP cant hold at sports hub, then they can only hold it at floating platform? But though floating platform is a temporary site which will be demolish?

floating platform belongs to sport singapore. [nod]

↡ Advertisement

floating platform belongs to sport singapore. [nod]

For those not in the know, Singapore Sports Council (SSC) has already been renamed as Sports SG, which is still a government body. It's new office is located right smack below the new stadium, just like last time the old kallang stadium. 

But the Sports Hub Consortium is a private company, which overseas the venue of the new stadium, ocbc arena, ocbc aquatic centre, kallang wave mall, indoor stadium, water sports centre and so on.

Haha.. since time immemorial, major parades like NDP, Youth Day etc was held at this Grand Old Dame for donkey years.. now got a spanking new stadium, cannot use.. damn ironic, esp since our NDP is synonymous with the National Stadium and Padang... what did we do to ourselves man.. haiz...

Havent been following this, didn't know it has been privatized

Sad that we cant even use our national stadium for a national celebration

Isn't it no longer national stadium then?!

Kinda silly...

• Praise 5

For those not in the know, Singapore Sports Council (SSC) has already been renamed as Sports SG, which is still a government body. It's new office is located right smack below the new stadium, just like last time the old kallang stadium.

But the Sports Hub Consortium is a private company, which overseas the venue of the new stadium, ocbc arena, ocbc aquatic centre, kallang wave mall, indoor stadium, water sports centre and so on.

Bro also in the sports industry?

Bro also in the sports industry?

Not really. Just a regular contractor. The recent sea games and para games helps me understand how the local sports fraternity works. Some are really passionate to bring the sports up, but some are there for selfish monetary gains only - like the recent reports.

Real solution about NDP at the Stadium is to stop organising yearly NDP. It is meaningless. Just do it once every 10 years at Padang. Even a big countrywith vast resources like China does it once a decade.

Save money, save inconvenience, save NSFs ' time and cut their NSF period to 18 months in the process.

• Praise 4

Not really. Just a regular contractor. The recent sea games and para games helps me understand how the local sports fraternity works. Some are really passionate to bring the sports up, but some are there for selfish monetary gains only - like the recent reports.

cool. plus the power struggle in almost every NSA. the successful ones will strive ahead. while those that remains contented will fall behind eventually.

• Praise 1

I think the initial grass turf problems really cost the manage team alot of money. Need to recover them by making it expensive.

• Praise 2

Real solution about NDP at the Stadium is to stop organising yearly NDP. It is meaningless. Just do it once every 10 years at Padang. Even a big countrywith vast resources like China does it once a decade.

Save money, save inconvenience, save NSFs ' time and cut their NSF period to 18 months in the process.

U hv some valid points esp on resources n time.

However, a young n successful nation like us does this to remind its citizens esp the younger ones of what we hv gone thru to reach where we are today. To remind us not to take things for granted n also to be grateful for what our forefathers have helped built so that we would continue to work hard to continuer to bear fruits for future generations. A kind of subtle brainwashing I guess but in a positive sense so quite worth it I feel and also a feel good factor to instil bonding amongst citizens.

• Praise 7

I think the initial grass turf problems really cost the manage team alot of money. Need to recover them by making it expensive.

yes, and I was amused to read that due to the orientation of the stadium (now cannot call National stadium already), one part of the pitch gets more sun then another part ... causing the grass problem ... wasn't this factored in during the design stage ? sun rise from the east and sets in the west mah ... [:p]

think we should have just stuck with the old one ... the real National Stadium.

spend $$$ to demolish and rebuild a stadium with the same capacity and more problems. <_<

• Praise 2

Ah... Then you will know the stadium consortium mgt is not easy to deal with. They are all out to recoup money.
  • Praise 3

Hmm. ..

You know. . Someone may just adopt your idea.

Hold it once only every 4 or 5 years. Win win. . ..

Maybe sg has too much money to spend and resources to waste, so hold it yearly is a must. Lol. Actually i do agree that it is meaningless to hold it every year since every year the NDP format is almost the same, see also boring.

• Praise 5

cool. plus the power struggle in almost every NSA. the successful ones will strive ahead. while those that remains contented will fall behind eventually.

That's another story we can go on and on. Lol.

Today got international netball tournament held at ocbc arena. Anybody wanna go see chiobu in short skirt? Free entry.

• Praise 2

I think govt should charge money for ndp ticket

$100 per ticket

In order to achieve

Ownself pay ownself [laugh]

• Praise 2

Maybe sg has too much money to spend and resources to waste, so hold it yearly is a must. Lol. Actually i do agree that it is meaningless to hold it every year since every year the NDP format is almost the same, see also boring.

not creative already ... should get the Korean bambino thingy here for NDP ... [:p]

pahteeeeee  !!!

Ah... Then you will know the stadium consortium mgt is not easy to deal with. They are all out to recoup money.

F them LA.

Govt needs to allocate another piece of land and set up a competing stadium under public control.

For those not in the know, Singapore Sports Council (SSC) has already been renamed as Sports SG, which is still a government body. It's new office is located right smack below the new stadium, just like last time the old kallang stadium. 

But the Sports Hub Consortium is a private company, which overseas the venue of the new stadium, ocbc arena, ocbc aquatic centre, kallang wave mall, indoor stadium, water sports centre and so on.

Does Sport Singapore needs to pay rent for situating their offices there, since the Sports Hub Consortium overseas the venue?

↡ Advertisement