Kallang Wave SportsHub

kobayashiGT

I think what they should do is to reduce fees, let more people use the facilities and restore public confidence. When there is high occupancy and enough traffic, by then raise fees would not be that bad as traffic is there.

When there is low occupancy and yet don't want to reduce fees. I can only think of one reason, they want government to chip in to help and thus die die no reduce fees. This is no good as it does not increase occupancy rate and is only wasting government resources. If the council management go ask government to help out. I hope government to do the right thing and don't give in. Instead f**k the council management upside down and to replace more competent council management.

↡ Advertisement

I think what they should do is to reduce fees, let more people use the facilities and restore public confidence. When there is high occupancy and enough traffic, by then raise fees would not be that bad as traffic is there.

When there is low occupancy and yet don't want to reduce fees. I can only think of one reason, they want government to chip in to help and thus die die no reduce fees. This is no good as it does not increase occupancy rate and is only wasting government resources. If the council management go ask government to help out. I hope government to do the right thing and don't give in. Instead f**k the council management upside down and to replace more competent council management.

How to replace the "council management"? This one not SMRT....

How to replace the "council management"? This one not SMRT....

Then government die die don't give in. See how they survive. They threaten or complain also no use, don't give in means don't give in. Sooner or later there will be more competent team go up and rank and do the right thing.

Then government die die don't give in. See how they survive. They threaten or complain also no use, don't give in means don't give in. Sooner or later there will be more competent team go up and rank and do the right thing.

Easy to scr#w them... just don't approve the concerts to be held there.  Anything that is non-sport not allowed.

• Praise 1

yes, and I was amused to read that due to the orientation of the stadium (now cannot call National stadium already), one part of the pitch gets more sun then another part ... causing the grass problem ... wasn't this factored in during the design stage ? sun rise from the east and sets in the west mah ... [:p]

think we should have just stuck with the old one ... the real National Stadium.

spend $$$ to demolish and rebuild a stadium with the same capacity and more problems. <_<

To be fair, stadiums all over the world face this problem of certain ares getting more sun than others due to the shadow from the huge stands. That's why in football stadiums around Europe especially, they have artificial lighting to simulate the sun so that every blade of grass gets it's fair share of rays. Think our sports hub have this as well since middle of the year IIRC.

Don't think it's a design issue but they should have learnt from the experience of stadiums who were built earlier to anticipate and manage this issue as it is not something new.

• Praise 7

Real solution about NDP at the Stadium is to stop organising yearly NDP. It is meaningless. Just do it once every 10 years at Padang. Even a big countrywith vast resources like China does it once a decade.

Save money, save inconvenience, save NSFs ' time and cut their NSF period to 18 months in the process.

NDP year in year out is the same old thing. Even for SG50 celebrations also the same old agenda.

Seems like no one dare think out of the box to have a full revamp of the show.

This is the only thing for the past few decades where "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

NDP year in year out is the same old thing. Even for SG50 celebrations also the same old agenda.

Seems like no one dare think out of the box to have a full revamp of the show.

This is the only thing for the past few decades where "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

NDP may seem to be the same every year, but the participants are always different. Those who did it will always look back... "I did the same thing back in the year (fill in year of participation)." Anyone here part of the guard of honour contingent?

See la. 

This is what happens when you privatize anything and everything (including what should obviously be a public good).

ownself slap ownself?

[lipsrsealed]

Ironically, they fixed something that wasn't broken (the old garmen-owned stadium) by privatising it and broke it in the process....

• Praise 1

I think the initial grass turf problems really cost the manage team alot of money. Need to recover them by making it expensive.

I read that they solved the grass problem by installing some lights for a few mil but now they wanna charge 30 plus mil extra for ndp?

Ironically, they fixed something that wasn't broken (the old garmen-owned stadium) by privatising it and broke it in the process....

Hope the govt doesn't give in and pay up just to avoid losing face.
  • Praise 1

I read that they solved the grass problem by installing some lights for a few mil but now they wanna charge 30 plus mil extra for ndp?

Yes, why should government pay for things that are not their fault and minwhile, the council bo dai ji and life goes on as per normal. End up expenses all go up and does not benefit everyone.

They know that government sure will chip in and help and go do reckless stuff. Not good man, it only waste government resources where these resources could be put to better use. No way should government give in to them again.

I'm not updated. Last read was during the last SEA game. No longer using desso grass. Change to australian contractor using some lay and play method.

It suddenly reminded me of something.

Many years back, singtel want to dominate the epl market and go bid extra high. End up what happen? Cost pass down to consumer. Before singtel go bid super high, starhub was good bidding not that high and everything was okay.

Followed on, singtel want bid low, epl say no. I believe they was so happy, didn't know some company willing to bid so high for the epl soccer right so chop carrot. So they not willing to give in to singtel lao, coz they know singtel have $ to do that. In the end who suffer? End up consumer suffer as the cost is pass down to consumer. Stupid right?

Now the sports council seems like also follow the same logic. Knowing government got $, so of coz no give Chance. There are many lesson learnt along the way, some already happened and cannot change the fact already. Only hope that others will not repeat the same mistake again.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

I think govt should charge money for ndp ticket

$100 per ticket

In order to achieve

Ownself pay ownself [laugh]

Don't give govt funny idea leh.... [laugh]

Singapore is the most expensive city in the world, so pricing the venue 20-30% above Europe's top stadiums is to be expected. Govt just pay millions for NDP and encourages all public institutions and GLCs to pay and everyone will get used to it very soon. Everyone happy, investors take back their money with profit since got market power, govt don't need to pay billions (tax payers' monies) to build a new stadium, we get a new world class stadium with a satki moving roof, private sector manages it (sibei efficient).... everything good right? Except someone or is it everyone is paying for it? Hahahaha......

Sounds familiar?

post-24635-0-47849800-1450013580_thumb.png

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

The gov probably found the old National Stadium an eyesore and the huge carpark surrounding it, with millions of potential $$$ being lost.

• Praise 2

wait next time NDP not free to air ... have to pay to watch to help recoup costs ... [laugh]

Replay the previous years NDP to reduce unnecessary costs.

• Praise 2

NDP may seem to be the same every year, but the participants are always different. Those who did it will always look back... "I did the same thing back in the year (fill in year of participation)." Anyone here part of the guard of honour contingent?

Guards of Honor and other contingents at stadium or floating platform are very lucky. Very short distance to march.

I was in the GOH contingent in1984. All contingents had to march from Padang all the way to Alexandra Village. During 1 of the rehearsal, we had to march to Mount Vernon cemetery grounds.

↡ Advertisement