Maid abuse: Couple face more charges

Jman888

Agreed. Why would u want to exclude your helper.

If u are going to a wedding dinner/lunch, u can always bring her to your relatives/parents place etc to squat.

If u are going out, u can always order her a lower cost item on the menu if you really wish to do so.

If u don't have any of these, u could just always leave her at home for a few hours just to take a break.

the last point is what my helper likes to do. she nvr wanna follow when we go out for a meal. i tink she rather take that free time n hv some rest at home. of cos i don mind...as long as all work are completed. 

↡ Advertisement

If don’t let your maid eat together with your family, then let them stay at home. Or let her go out herself till a certain time if you don’t really trust the new maid.

No need such treatment.

the reason parent bring the maid out is to throw the kid/toddler to the maid

when they are frustrated and cannot manage during meal time

so the maid need to squat one corner waiting for whistle

Edited by Wt_know

Need to be so harsh meh? when kuan yew has dinner with some other state leaders, will his body guard and pa be sitting beside him eating or also hiding in 1 corner? how come never ask him to burn in hell also?

Personally I think a maid is an employee and I will never treat one like family.

Maybe kuan yew never ask his bodyguard and pa to squat besides him while he eating? Even you dont wan to treat your maid as family, while you are eating, you can at least ask her to go find a bench nearby to sit down and wait or ask her go walk walk around and come back later lo.

I don't have staff working for me.

But if my boss eats with a client and I am not involved, then I will just walk outside until he calls me. What's wrong with that?

If I am in your shoe, I would not go.

Neither I am a pet nor a slave.

the reason parent bring the maid out is to throw the kid/toddler to the maid

when they are frustrated and cannot manage during meal time

so the maid need to squat one corner waiting for whistle

Nowadays The way parents take care of their children like keep a pet.

Damn sad

I don't have staff working for me.

But if my boss eats with a client and I am not involved, then I will just walk outside until he calls me. What's wrong with that?

I am not sure under what condition you are asked to do this. It didn't sound right to me and it is about tine to leave this company if there isn't a good reason for such treatment. The least the boss coukd do is to ask you to go off first since he has an appointment. If he is expected to meet up with you, then fix a tine and place to meet not waiting and wondering around while he dine.

Actually if you see a lot of this foreign workers and maids when they are free or walking dogs they will just sit on kerbs of roads and footpath and gleefully surfing their HPâs ..... of course this situation is a little different but the Ang Moâs can really âgorengâ or sensationalize/spin things to their fancy and human rights this and that

Generally people in the west seldom has maid (unless they are very rich). One of my friend who wanted to bringover his maid when he migrated got his application refused by the british government eventhough the maid had been with them for a very long time.....hence they are appreciative of any helpers while we takes thing for granted.

For me....i no have maid so i wont put myself in anybody's shoes but if i were to have dinner or supper, i would prefer to be with just the company for the date. Maid or helper can sit at home, rest and be the boss while we are away. Kids? If cant take care of our own for that moment might as well have none.....saves the trouble!

Kids? If cant take care of our own for that moment might as well have none.....saves the trouble!

Agreed. Save lots of money and time too.

Have kids if you love them, not for the sake of others or have just the sake of it like social norms.

Edited by DACH

DINK FTW !

this is happening in developed economy

in spore dink

in korea dont even want to marry

in japan dont even want to pak tor ... plenty of toy boy & toy girl service [sly]

Have kids if you love them, not for the sake of others or have just the sake of it like social norms.

Edited by Wt_know

But gov giving out baby bonus lei....

Maybe kuan yew never ask his bodyguard and pa to squat besides him while he eating? Even you dont wan to treat your maid as family, while you are eating, you can at least ask her to go find a bench nearby to sit down and wait or ask her go walk walk around and come back later lo.

That's too far fetched. You think the employer asked the maid to squat there? She probably just asked her to wait outside - she chose whether she wanna stand, sit, squat or lie supine.

BTW, I know she is sitting in the photo but there's nothing wrong or demeaning with squatting. Squatting is the natural human rest position and better than sitting.

If I am in your shoe, I would not go.

Neither I am a pet nor a slave.

I am not in those shoes also. But if boss ask me to wait, I'd just wait.

Got pay money then no problem. I don't find it demeaning not to be able to have lunch with my boss or client at all.

I guess it depends how far up the food chain your boss is compared to how low you are.

I am not in those shoes also. But if boss ask me to wait, I'd just wait.

Got pay money then no problem. I don't find it demeaning not to be able to have lunch with my boss or client at all.

I guess it depends how far up the food chain your boss is compared to how low you are.

Money can only motivate someone in the short term (generally speaking).

Respect your people and when you ask them to jump, they will ask how high.

those baby bonus and stuff ... vapourizes or evaporates damn fast.. its not hard cash where you can buy milk tins (I was told) mostly medical only ... 

Something like Merc C&C giving out those thousands credits....... will finish by year 2 already...... after that you are on your own

Like what they said........ no free Lunch  

But gov giving out baby bonus lei....

• Praise 1

That's too far fetched. You think the employer asked the maid to squat there? She probably just asked her to wait outside - she chose whether she wanna stand, sit, squat or lie supine.

BTW, I know she is sitting in the photo but there's nothing wrong or demeaning with squatting. Squatting is the natural human rest position and better than sitting.

Maybe you are right. Employer asked the maid to wait outside, maybe no asked her to squat or sit on the pavement. Maid herself choose to squat or sit there?  [:p]  Now have to listen to the maid part of her story what have actually happens?  :huh:  We are simply just guessing or assume only.

Anyway, does anyone here really think that even under the worse scenario, it is considered abuse?

Thread title is maid abuse couple face more charges.

when you ask a staff wait for you until you call/text him ...

he probably go kopitiam lim kopi, mcdonald to enjoy aircon or atas coffee at SB/CBTL playing phone

when you ask a maid to wait for you "outside" ... there is not much option for the maid

must standby near where you shout or whistle to call the maid

and maid (unless very season type) has inferior feeling, they wont sit next to uncle/auntie if there are sitting area there

hence, they have to find their own place to squat

Maybe you are right. Employer asked the maid to wait outside, maybe no asked her to squat or sit on the pavement. Maid herself choose to squat or sit there?  [:p]  Now have to listen to the maid part of her story what have actually happens?  :huh:  We are simply just guessing or assume only.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement