Maid abuse: Couple face more charges

Jman888

Might as well go to the courts and kaypoh at the trial.

thinking leh, but see whether timing eh gam boh. thanks for the reminder. [thumbsup]

another monster employers   [sweatdrop]

Employers accused of starving maid for 15 months, causing her to go from 49kg to 29kg

PUBLISHED 14 December 2015
Amir Hussain

SINGAPORE - A Singaporean couple claimed trial on Monday (Dec 14) to charges of failing to provide their former Filipino domestic worker with adequate food, causing her weight to drop by 20kg over a 15-month period.

Ms Thelma Oyasan Gawidan, 40, weighed just 29kg when she was admitted to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) in April last year, compared to 49 kg in Jan 2013.

Her former employer, Lim Choon Hong, 47, faces one charge of contravening Condition 1 in Part 1 of the Fourth Schedule to the Employment of Foreign Manpower (Work Passes) Regulations 2012.

Lim's wife, Chong Sui Foon, 47, meanwhile faces a count of abetting Lim in committing the offence.

A TTSH doctor who attended to Ms Thelma after she was taken to the hospital's emergency department by a shelter on April 29 last year told the court that she had said she was given insufficient food.

She also complained of difficulty sleeping, and had not had her menses for about a year.

When asked about her food intake, she told doctors that she was given two meals a day.

Her ration consisted only of bread and instant noodles.

At a review at the hospital in June last year, after she was discharged, she weighed 43kg.

If convicted, Lim and Chong both face a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment of up to 12 months, or both.

• Praise 4

Wtf....29kg ?????

My P6 gal is 63kg!!!!

Now everyday play game eat and sleep.....lol.

Let her play like siao for now. When school at anderson starts she will study like siao.......lol

• Praise 2

This 2 accused when come out of jail ..... can start running a slimming saloon

IMO I think also 12 months is too short ..... must be they did not beat her.... if beat then kenna longer for sure.... wonder how they feel if they are given only 2 meals a day in Changi ??.... i eat 3 meals and tea break in between meals  & maid get the same too and more than happy to make too, often reminding me, so she get too , starting starting when these maids start work all like good girls .... eat only 3 meals and shy to have tea break/biscuits/snacks, now all meals also can            

• Praise 3

This 2 accused when come out of jail ..... can start running a slimming saloon

IMO I think also 12 months is too short ..... must be they did not beat her.... if beat then kenna longer for sure.... wonder how they feel if they are given only 2 meals a day in Changi ??.... i eat 3 meals and tea break in between meals & maid get the same too and more than happy to make too, often reminding me, so she get too , starting starting when these maids start work all like good girls .... eat only 3 meals and shy to have tea break/biscuits/snacks, now all meals also can

Some employers like u r very good

I see some helpers put on weight actually, very well fed [laugh]

• Praise 3

Wtf....29kg ?????

My P6 gal is 63kg!!!!

Now everyday play game eat and sleep.....lol.

Let her play like siao for now. When school at anderson starts she will study like siao.......lol

Wah...

My P5 (going into P6) is 57kg

Rollerblading now and trying to diet to lose some weight...

She comes running with me (I am trying to lose also) 

• Praise 1

Wah...

Lol , mine girl at sec 1 is at 73kg liow....

bring her to the gym just sit on the bicycle expect it to cycle by itself.........I give up liow

• Praise 3

Alamak.....same same here. [laugh]

Wah...

omg omg omg.....I think my gal will easily hit 73kg in 1 years' time. Join the club. -_-

Lol , mine girl at sec 1 is at 73kg liow....

bring her to the gym just sit on the bicycle expect it to cycle by itself.........I give up liow

omg omg omg.....I think my gal will easily hit 73kg in 1 years' time. Join the club. -_-

will if no control...mine likes good food and do things that does not requires to move to much...

like playing the tablet and watching TV, how not to grow fat lol

I always worried of my mum's helper. She eat very little only even though we give her weekly allowances to her. Whenever I visit on weekends, volunteer to buy her food, she reject say she eat instant noodles or potato chips. [confused] We dont require her to cook for us and she cooks for herself with the allowances given to her.

Yes, we give her fixed salary as per contract and additional weekly food allowance for herself. I always scare she fall sick. She is a good worker so far and takes good care of my mum and the house very well.

• Praise 6

Wah...

You can lose weight chasing sheeps

Don't worry .... once they go Sec 3 or 4 , see boys will want to start loose weight & keep appearances.... then the shock will come in reverse way... I think so only (chit-chatting)  

I always worried of my mum's helper. She eat very little only even though we give her weekly allowances to her. Whenever I visit on weekends, volunteer to buy her food, she reject say she eat instant noodles or potato chips. [confused] We dont require her to cook for us and she cooks for herself with the allowances given to her.

Yes, we give her fixed salary as per contract and additional weekly food allowance for herself. I always scare she fall sick. She is a good worker so far and takes good care of my mum and the house very well.

That might be the problem.

You are giving her a weekly allowance which she prefers to save instead of spend. If you give her food, I think she will have no choice but to eat.

Don't worry .... once they go Sec 3 or 4 , see boys will want to start loose weight & keep appearances.... then the shock will come in reverse way... I think so only (chit-chatting)  

But to be honest, 60-70kg for primary school is really too much. What are their heights?

I was only 55kg in JC - around 1.75 m tall.

• Praise 4