Maid abuse: Couple face more charges

Jman888

Abusive employers are far too common.

I know someone working as a maid in a condo.

The owners gave her maggie mee and ikan bilis one meal a day.

They expect her to work 16hrs non-stop.

These are the modern day slave drivers.

Wah. You live in the same orchard condo?

↡ Advertisement

My mum got a former Indon maid who informed neighbours or anyone she met that she hasn't eaten or still hungry. Luckily one kind neighbour gave her feedback & of course, we were angry at the maid for her lying. She was given the same food we had at meal times & same number of dishes.

It turned out that she was picky about the food; didn't like steamed fish, soup, noodles, bread & vegetables. Only liked deep fried stuffs & rice (rice must be fried with black sauce & onions). After learning about her lies & misrepresentations, she was allowed to cook whatever she wanted but then, instead of being appreciative, she took to bullying my elderly mum & displayed attitude problem.

Sometimes, I feel that most of these cases where employers are accused of mistreating maids should be examined closely with possibility of the maids lying or fabricating their sob stories. After all, they have nothing to lose except deportation or fully paid holiday in our superb Changi chalet.

[nod]  agreed

• Praise 4

How big the storeroom? Mine full of stuff and only got standing space for one. Orchard condo, wow!

My BIL's maid from Myanmar got her services terminated 'cos every dinner must eat big fish. Very costly to maintain, he buay tahan. Surrender! Wave white flag. Throw in the towel. Tap out.

My first indo maid lucky best..Asking me to give her meal allowance, as she cannot eat what my family having. Of course, I rejected her "application" lah, thereafter she gave me black face every day, and some day even worse, she just sit there and refuse to work as silent protest. 

I bobian sent her back and let her eat herself.

• Praise 1

nice ? [:p]

ok la notch bad la, milfy. But her armpit a little bit fuzzy, i dunch like.

but i good guy, always try to go away when she wipe table just in case my kkj buay tahan.

My first indo maid lucky best..Asking me to give her meal allowance, as she cannot eat what my family having. Of course, I rejected her "application" lah, thereafter she gave me black face every day, and some day even worse, she just sit there and refuse to work as silent protest. 

I bobian sent her back and let her eat herself.

Why can't she have what you are having? If she didn't highlight to the agency about her special diet then it is her fault.

If it is your diet that is special then it is your fault.

Edited by Kusje

but i good guy, always try to go away when she wipe table just in case my kkj buay tahan.

how hard did you try  ? [:p]

Abusive employers are far too common.

I know someone working as a maid in a condo.

The owners gave her maggie mee and ikan bilis one meal a day.

They expect her to work 16hrs non-stop.

These are the modern day slave drivers.

In my condo, got an Indon immigrant who hired a maid. Poor maid has been with them for many years now, still being paid $350 in wages, of which $100 is in Sing$ and S$250 in Rupiah.  Plus the maid gotta take care of the woman's apartment as well as the employer's daughter's apartment in the same condo.

• Praise 1

Lol too extreme liow lah.....

Erm....she like to watch...not dance....I gave up liow hahhaa.....

now cutting her lunch money....

Bro - 

She willing to exercise with you?  I tried running with mine - she don't like

But she will rollerblade while I run. 

perhaps you can both rollerblade together? 

Or another one may be cycling?  this one we also used to do together and mine was willing. 

Also bribe mine - struck a deal with her - must exercise 4 days a week (plus TKD on the 5th) 

Every day she do less than 4km must pay me $2.  Every day do more than 4km I pay her $2. 

This is working to get her exercising a bit

• Praise 1

still being paid $350 in wages, of which $100 is in Sing$ and S$250 in Rupiah. 

$100 in SGD and S$250 in rupiah??? So total still S$350?

Just buy her a shaving blade. She will get the hint.

• Praise 1

In my condo, got an Indon immigrant who hired a maid. Poor maid has been with them for many years now, still being paid $350 in wages, of which $100 is in Sing$ and S$250 in Rupiah.  Plus the maid gotta take care of the woman's apartment as well as the employer's daughter's apartment in the same condo.

Isn't that illegal??

• Praise 3

Isn't that illegal??

Yes - maids (FDW) are only allowed to work at the address of the person who applied for the work permit. 

Not supposed to be "taking care" of multiple houses. 

Edited by Darryn
  • Praise 2

Yes - maids (FDW) are only allowed to work at the address of the person who applied for the work permit. 

Not supposed to be "taking care" of multiple houses. 

Min salary for indo maid is also 500 dollars per month so this is also illegal (assuming the contract was renewed after the law came into place)

↡ Advertisement