Off-Peak Cars....value for money

Eavr4

Neutral Newbie

Just realised that it's really worth getting or converting to OPC.

1) Reduced initial investment

2) Lowered Taxes

3) Cheaper Insurance

4) Deferred Day Licensing - upto 23.59 next day to purchase license via various media

5) Even if you forget its ok you have 5 working days to do "self-declaration"

Of which all could be redundant since there isn't any concrete control in place to truly catch you using without paying the license...u dun say...people dun tell on you....practically won't ever get caught...

"Everyone does it...." Seen so many OPC in use everyday outside the licensing hours...dun think these people pay license everyday else would cost more than regular cars what's the point.

So...until a concrete control mechanism in place...we should take the opportunity...!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2) Lowered Taxes

3) Cheaper Insurance

4) Deferred Day Licensing - upto 23.59 next day to purchase license via various media

Of which all could be redundant since there isn't any concrete control in place to truly catch you using without paying the license...u dun say...people dun tell on you....practically won't ever get caught...

"Everyone does it...." Seen so many OPC in use everyday outside the licensing hours...dun think these people pay license everyday else would cost more than regular cars what's the point.

So...until a concrete control mechanism in place...we should take the opportunity...!

Good for you, go n buy lor.

• Praise 2

My OPC if use during restricted will pay one lor, even if some weeks have to use everyday... However, for my usage, still cheaper than normal plate, since I work near my house, walk only... But every night & weekend I drive out... A friend of mine kena for purposely not paying $20, over $10k fine... Not worth it...

• Praise 1

(edited)

You are totally wrong on this part... Anyone can caught you and submit the photo to LTA. On top of that, ERP granty(both car park and on the road) is there to detect ..plus those Bus lane LTA officers..plus TP, police car both mark and unmark..plus street camera

Edited by Gaolow
  • Praise 3

Yup have seen LTA officers standing by the road side with a piece of paper and copying down the red plates. Probably going back to office later to cross-reference if license was bought.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It will be worthwhile if your daily work timing suits the OPC timing. I have many friends working nightlife driving red plate. Start work 8pm, end work 4am. Off day go JB pump petrol during wee hours.

• Praise 1

My OPC if use during restricted will pay one lor, even if some weeks have to use everyday... However, for my usage, still cheaper than normal plate, since I work near my house, walk only... But every night & weekend I drive out... A friend of mine kena for purposely not paying $20, over $10k fine... Not worth it...

so jialat meh $10k fine!?! should have accumulated multiple offences plus court hearing bah?

...plus got many bao toh kiaz on the road with car cams

eh ... don't anyhow point fingers leh. unless he knows the bugger personally and knows he never buy e-license. otherwise who so free go drive around and take beedeo one.

• Praise 1

2) Lowered Taxes

3) Cheaper Insurance

when $$ concern...don't play punk with the gahman..you will pay many more times over the actual amount...not worth it.

• Praise 1

so jialat meh $10k fine!?! should have accumulated multiple offences plus court hearing bah?

eh ... don't anyhow point fingers leh. unless he knows the bugger personally and knows he never buy e-license. otherwise who so free go drive around and take beedeo one.

He sway.. Kena found out multiple offence + court case...

• Praise 1

I had a brand new opc mit lancer for 40k including coe.....that was back in 2005.

Dirt cheap.

Meaning it cost roughly about $10 per day for 10 years.

Rougly the same cost for 1 pack of cig....lol

• Praise 1

(edited)

full coe = $60k

opc coe = $60k - $17k (rebate) = $43k

paid 71% of the full coe with so many rules and restrictions

worth it?

17,000 / $20 / 10 years / 12 months = 7 days per month

if use more than 7 days per month that need to pay $20 ... already rugi compare with full coe

still worth it?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

(edited)

red plate is really for weekend or night car or you work at night like pub or disco

the car is really parked at home most of the time and only cheong on weekend and night for a fun drive and bragging right

then ... there is a choice to pay or save the $17k

Edited by Wt_know

2) Lowered Taxes

3) Cheaper Insurance

Nowadays there is no need for TP physical presence to catch offenders.

Enforcement can be carried out at the comfort of TP office via CCTV installed literally at all roads and is more effective than TP patrolling the roads to catch offenders.

That's explain the surge in numbers caught. Don't play play [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

full coe = $60k

opc coe = $60k - $17k (rebate) = $43k

paid 71% of the full coe with so many rules and restrictions

worth it?

17,000 / $20 / 10 years / 12 months = 7 days per month

if use more than 7 days per month that need to pay $20 ... already rugi compare with full coe

still worth it?

It made more sense to buy OPC when full COE was about 30k to 40k.

Turbocharged

I had a brand new opc mit lancer for 40k including coe.....that was back in 2005.

Dirt cheap.

Meaning it cost roughly about $10 per day for 10 years.

Rougly the same cost for 1 pack of cig....lol

Sounds good using cig prices as benchmark!!!

↡ Advertisement