Off-Peak Cars....value for money

Eavr4

(edited)

if coe is $30k many would not buy opc liao ...

coe is low ... buy opc is silly

coe is high ... buy opc is not worth it

opc is really targeted for people who dont drive their car only need it occassionally ie 2nd car

or it is a perfect match for people work at night

It made more sense to buy OPC when full COE was about 30k to 40k.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Don't ever harbor such thoughts..... Only the cheapskate will think of such ways to save money. No money? Don't drive......

I've seen many opc cars running on the road outside the permitted hours and I seriously think that nobody in the right mind would fork out $20 to buy the day license. I often wonder how come the authorities are not doing anything?

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR TO US, WE PAID SO MUCH $$ FOR NORMAL PLATE AND THESE OPC RAT HAPPILY DRIVE THEIR CAR WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT !!!!!!

• Praise 2

(edited)

no worry ... 1st offence is $5k ... 2nd time $10k?

already heard so many boasting driving opc at neighbourhood like cck, jurong, tuas for years without being caught.

you can do what you like ... just dont get caught ... lol

Don't ever harbor such thoughts..... Only the cheapskate will think of such ways to save money. No money? Don't drive......

I've seen many opc cars running on the road outside the permitted hours and I seriously think that nobody in the right mind would fork out $20 to buy the day license. I often wonder how come the authorities are not doing anything?

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR TO US, WE PAID SO MUCH $$ FOR NORMAL PLATE AND THESE OPC RAT HAPPILY DRIVE THEIR CAR WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT !!!!!!

Edited by Wt_know

no worry ... 1st offence is $5k ... 2nd time $10k?

already heard so many boasting driving opc at neighbourhood like cck, jurong, tuas for years without being caught.

you can do what you like ... just dont get caught ... lol

Ya lor, whenever I hear this, knn sibeh dulan sia! From the way they speak, it's as if we (as normal plate buyer) are the stupid ones while they (opc buyer) are the clever ones......

Army rules applies, do anything but don't get caught. Once caught, jia lat liao.....

*** in Singapore! please do not push your luck! CHEATING OUR AH GONG is an big offence! Don't say I never remind! Lol

one may cheat & save $20 many times & count yourself lucky..all the LTA have to do is to catch the person once & $5000 flies away..penny wise pound foolish [;)]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

one may cheat & save $20 many times & count yourself lucky..all the LTA have to do is to catch the person once & $5000 flies away..penny wise pound foolish [;)]

A friend uses his wife's OPC car for long trips in MY. He leaves sgp before 7am to avoid jam at check points and no need to pay the $20, drives around in MY for a week, sometimes longer (also no need to pay LTA 20 each day, naturally), comes back to SGP after 7pm, no need $20 also!!

His own full COE car is for daily short trips to work/home in SGP. Long distance travels in MY are done with the OPC car. By the time he sells his full COE car, its mileage should be quite low.

Edited by Super7

Yeah....just one time and it's game over for them!

To LTA: please give these opc rat one time GAO LAT GAO LAT!!!!

• Praise 1

and a jail time for repeat offenders

Yeah....just one time and it's game over for them!

To LTA: please give these opc rat one time GAO LAT GAO LAT!!!!

• Praise 1

Cannot risk with the authorities. They can detect u via Erp gantries whether is on or not. And also carpark gantries! Lta will not come up with a scheme that can allow drivers to undercut them de la. Anw nowadays the rules are quite standard. Forget to declare and they will straight fine u $500/. Surely got some drivers risk and don buy. But it just need to take 1 time to get caught, Then that's it! I for 1 I don dare risk, I drive everyday and I buy everyday. Lols. So there is driver that really will buy everytime he/she drives.

• Praise 1

I pay every usage fair and square.. Even for some months which I would need to use on restricted hours daily.. So, am I a rat whose not in the right mind? It's unfair that you are labelling... Reason why I bought off-peak car is because my work place is walking distance from home, only certain times in the year I might have courses elsewhere, usual for teachers like me... And do you think I can't afford a normal-plate? I still am saving quite a bit as compared to a normal-plate including coupon expenses...

• Praise 4

Wa if u all think OPC can siam all the 20$ and drive during restricted hours then please carry on do so and convert or buy. if get caught dont come whining. i'm a OPC driver too, i pay every day license that i use. sure there are ppl that wanna cheong and not pay just for that 20$. If u willingly to take the risk, then be ready to bear the cause when u get caught. its that simple.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I pay every usage fair and square.. Even for some months which I would need to use on restricted hours daily.. So, am I a rat whose not in the right mind? It's unfair that you are labelling... Reason why I bought off-peak car is because my work place is walking distance from home, only certain times in the year I might have courses elsewhere, usual for teachers like me... And do you think I can't afford a normal-plate? I still am saving quite a bit as compared to a normal-plate including coupon expenses...

Wa lao eh, you call yourself a teacher? Did I say or call you a rat? No right? I am referring to those opc drivers who used their car as if it's a normal plate WITHOUT paying the $20 permit. I know that there are many working professionals like you who don't need a normal plate car due to your working hours so therefore opc is the best choice for them.

For the benefit of doubts, let me REPEAT myself again!

If you're a red plate aka opc driver and you pay for what you use, lim peh salute you double quick time! You're the man!

If you're a red plate aka opc driver and you think Lady Luck is always by your side, by all means carry on and continue to drive your opc out for marketing, fetching kids etc WITHOUT PAYING the $20 permit. This is the so called "opc RAT" !! You're the rat !

Edited by Slyison

I drive an OPC and I will certainly pay the $20 as I have been fined once..

It is true that the first fine is $5000 and subsequently is double. But I managed to get it down to $500 with a valid reason. I was in an accident and didn't manage to pay on time, the old OPC has to pay within 24hrs.

It is not worth to drive without paying the $20 as I can confirm that I got fined is cos I went through an ERP.

$20 as compared to $5000.. Some OPC drivers are waiting to give our government additional bonuses.

• Praise 1

If you're a red plate aka opc driver and you pay for what you use, lim peh salute you double quick time! You're the man!

If you're a red plate aka opc driver and you think Lady Luck is always by your side, by all means carry on and continue to drive your opc out for marketing, fetching kids etc WITHOUT PAYING the $20 permit. This is the so called "opc RAT" !! You're the rat !

now not that easy to siam.. it very easy to get caught even you think by driving around roads that no ERP... There are camera everywhere..such as traffic junction...plus unmarked LTA or police car and LTA officer that catch illegal parking or bus lane..

unless you know someone is doing it..else how you know that person did not buy the eday pass...?

just for you inform...maybe you don't know. nowadays is electronic eday pass..so there no display of paper on the windscreen.

So you can't tell whether did the driver buy the pass from the look of it..and you also unable to check through the website.

If you think the driver did not buy the pass..by all mean take a video showing date and time and send to LTA.

OPC driving during restricted times without paying is seriously a gamble, not worth it..

I drove opc for 5 years now change to normal car. never once forget to pay for eday cos i use hp to purchase before driving off from carpark... only on one occassion i miss the 48 hours mark that i didnt sleep that night and went down to self declare reason being the lta service on axs machine was down, which is why i signed up for mobilepay..

opc suited my lifestyle but now cos my job requires me to travel ard so i had to move out from opc which i was quite sad cos no longer have the excuse of no car to siam errands lol, in general opc scheme served me very well since every night i go makan with friends or watch movies and have weekend outings or marketing.... have NEVER once tried to or even thought of cheating, never.. even when i have things to do like move office or visit grandma in hospital that i actually needed to drive everyday for two months (it was a temporary thing after that two months back to usual) every single morning without fail i will buy before moving off never once try to cheat... because i fully think that the fine is not worth it at all

I do understand what the frustration people are talking about.. i saw this guy upgrading his 2011 opc hatchback car for a 2009 opc sedan when i was 'window' shopping ard for mpv then i ask this guy why did he upgrade to a car with lesser years and his instalments was double his current one sounds abit boh hua, did his family outgrew the car for him to make a change? he said no cos he is single and he actually drive alone 99% of the time but he wants a bigger car cos looks nicer... so i ask him why don't get normal plate since upgrading so that he can drive to work... and he give me a very smug face and proudly tell me that He drives for free at 8am every morning and he goes home at 4pm everyday since there are no cameras from his home to work, about 2km away and he been doing this for 7 months and never get caught, i told him that he is just lucky... i was extremely shocked as to why a person is willing to risk like that... he was smart not to reveal where he lives and work though... seriously i dont understand why people tries to cheat gahment then when kena caught then start to curse and swear and then panic come forum to ask for help.. not worth lah... not something i have done or will ever do so i don't encourage and i don't think anyone should try cos what you cheat of gahment, they will take back many times more (example: i heard a colleague who told me he cheated on his 50 cents parking coupon by reusing it he got a summon for $300... seriously not worth it, can buy many books of coupons)

• Praise 2

(example: i heard a colleague who told me he cheated on his 50 cents parking coupon by reusing it he got a summon for $300... seriously not worth it, can buy many books of coupons)

Your colleague was lucky oredi.

My ex-colleague cheated on his parking coupon and he was sentenced to jail for 4 weeks. He got sacked for this and all his reputation and future gone just for that 50 cents. [smash]

Supercharged

hmmm... and you based that thinking on? :huh:

so i am one of those who are driving without a right mind when my red plate is on the road during the 7am-7pm restricted hours?

mai arh nee kwan lah. -_-

Oh boo hoo. Haven't anyone reminded you how life is 'unfair'? And what makes you think those OPC users didn't pay their licenses?

Its just $20 bucks, not $200. I can justify paying that amount when i need to drive to the office because its raining and i don't want to get wet riding my bike.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1