Favourite Movies of the past

1fast1

(edited)

Just to complete the collection (after songs, TV shows and publications), started a thread for favourite old movies.

To get the ball rolling, this is one of the first movies I remember having seen near the time of its release in 1977 (or at most a couple of years after it):

post-52704-0-78742700-1405407048_thumb.jpg

Quite mature themes - and at the time, I didn't understand the subtext of the Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories, the black helo references, etc. In fact, I don't think I understood too much of anything - I must've been about 5 at most, but I remember there was a snake-eating scene that burned itself into my memory. :D

Edited by Laserjet
↡ Advertisement

siao liao, there is no end to this [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

There will be, when all of us old people die out, but by that time, the current si gin nas would've become old men themselves. [laugh]

(edited)

Saw this one in the cinemas. Absolutely ripping heart-ripping scene. Even at 9, didn't bother me in the least. Explains a lot about how I am now, I think. [laugh]

post-52704-0-85904900-1405408904.jpg

The infamous scene (which pretty much led to the creation of the PG-13 rating in the US).

http://youtu.be/mk2E1CoGe98

I would've put a warning of NSFW or not suitable for younger viewers, but *I* watched it when I was young, so why bother? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Hypersonic

I think Godfather trilogy ranks high on everybody's list.. No need to show youtube, coz if you don't know, errr,,, [smash]

I think Godfather trilogy ranks high on everybody's list.. No need to show youtube, coz if you don't know, errr,,, [smash]

Well, the first two movies rank high on my list. The last one is the only one I saw in the cinema, but it ranks really low. :D

(edited)

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

LOVE this one! I also watched the 3rd one (Jaws 3D) in the cinema. Hopeless plot, but the (polarised glasses, not red-green anaglyph) 3-D gimmick was brand new. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Star-Wars-Poster.jpg

Watched The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi the first time around in the cinema.