Favourite Movies of the past

1fast1

Hypersonic
(edited)

LOVE this one! I also watched the 3rd one (Jaws 3D) in the cinema. Hopeless plot, but the (polarised glasses, not red-green anaglyph) 3-D gimmick was brand new. :D

Ya... I remember that so vividly. My dad brought me to the movies with those 3D glasses then. Scared the sh!t out of me whenever the shark attacks and opens its mouth [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Vid
↡ Advertisement

Ya... I remember that so vividly. My dad brought me to the movies with those 3D glasses then. Scared the sh!t out of me whenever the shark attacks and opens its mouth [laugh] [laugh]

Remember the opening scene during or after the credits when the shark bites the head off a smaller fish, and the fish head comes "floating" out of the screen towards you?

I do! [laugh]

Hypersonic

Remember the opening scene during or after the credits when the shark bites the head off a smaller fish, and the fish head comes "floating" out of the screen towards you?

I do! [laugh]

Ya.... I had to take off the glasses and look at the blur shark instead [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Ya.... I had to take off the glasses and look at the blur shark instead [laugh] [laugh]

Somehow, I remember the 3-D looking more "realistic" back then, or maybe it's just nostalgic thinking.

Hypersonic

Somehow, I remember the 3-D looking more "realistic" back then, or maybe it's just nostalgic thinking.

We were young ^_^

(edited)

Star-Wars-Poster.jpg

Does anyone else remember this: around the time when Empire was being released, they had this promotion with these bottle drinks (the old fashioned glass bottles) with 7-Up and other soft drinks with a soft rubber insert under the metal cap that had a Star Wars graphic on it? :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Does anyone else remember this: around the time when Empire was being released, they had this promotion with these bottle drinks (the old fashioned glass bottles) with 7-Up and other soft drinks with a soft rubber insert under the metal cap that had a Star Wars graphic on it? :D

highlander.jpg

• Praise 3

(edited)

In 1989, practically my entire Sec 3 class trooped to the cinema to watch this (I can't remember whether it was unofficial or they actually made it a field trip!):

post-52704-0-82310000-1405411662_thumb.jpg

There was mad excitement about this one. I remember cutting out the colour Batman logo from the Straits Times ad and getting it laminated. [laugh]

In the end, I think it has its advantages over the reboot. I actually prefer the Jack Nicholson joker to the Heath Ledger one. If the latter actor hadn't met an untimely death, I don't think he would've been hyped to the same extent. :D

Edited by Turboflat4