Favourite Movies of the past

1fast1

Before the vampire movies, there was a time everyone makes black magic movies.

centipede_horror_cover1.jpg

that centipede show was damn sickening... i remembered 1 scene where there was a hole in the tree and there were just lots and lots of them... scared the shit out of me... i was probably only 4 or 5 years old...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

The saddest movie I've watched.

Good show.. Watched it many moons ago...

And a memorable soundtrack

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

that centipede show was damn sickening... i remembered 1 scene where there was a hole in the tree and there were just lots and lots of them... scared the shit out of me... i was probably only 4 or 5 years old...

Speaking about centipede, I've been trying to find the title of this old horror movie that I watched on VHS rental in the late 80s. Not sure if it's Thai or HK.

It started with some video news/documentary crew going to some village and opening a sealed well, disappointed to find nothing inside.

Then strange things started to happen, I can't remember much as I was too young but there are a lot of scorpions and one by one the crew members start dying (violently I think).

One particular scene I still remember is one of the guy is in the video editing room checking the films he took during the unsealing of the well. He played the film where they lift up the stone that sealed the well, suddenly a whitish figure with long black hair float out of the well like a balloon. The figure is not there in the beginning scene.

The guy was shocked, and rewind the video again and pause to see the figure, suddenly the figure came alive and start laughing even though the film is pause. I can never forget that hideous laughter, sounded like scratching sound.

Suddenly the films from the player shoot out and wrapped around the guys neck and strangled him to death.

I can't remember the rest much but the team figured they had released some spirit from the well and engaged a bomoh to stop the spirit. I remember the finale the bomoh is covered with scorpions as he sit there chanting.

Anyone remember this movie?

my first chinese horror movies that gave me nightmares few nights in a row...those were the years where horror=horror...

2008091143441377.jpg

Saw this one in the cinemas. Absolutely ripping heart-ripping scene. Even at 9, didn't bother me in the least. Explains a lot about how I am now, I think. [laugh]

attachicon.gifIndiana_Jones_and_the_Temple_of_Doom_PosterB.jpg

The infamous scene (which pretty much led to the creation of the PG-13 rating in the US).

I would've put a warning of NSFW or not suitable for younger viewers, but *I* watched it when I was young, so why bother? :D

When I was a kid, my dad brought me to watch Indiana Jones, I still remain scare of some of the scenes now

I have very fond memories of the movie and all the Indiana Jones movies have a special place in my heart and this is one of my fav movies too!

The Debt

A tight and thought provoking thriller about our choices and decisions in life.

3 young Mossad agents were tasked to capture a Nazi war criminal in 1965, mission did not go as planned and now 30 years later, the 3, now with Pioneer Generation cards, have to once again face up to their decisions after the botched mission. 

Wonderful performances from Helen Mirren and Jessica Chastain. The guys in it were good too but these two ladies really delivered stellar performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4mrRgELgA

• Praise 1