Survey on Road Hogging

Addats

As the title implies, I want to collect some data regarding road hogging. Please help to take the short 5 MCQ survey.

If you have already done the survey here or from another forum, please do not do it again. I am using the free Survey Monkey so it is limited to 100 users.

If most of the road user feels that road hogging is an issue, I would like to submit this to the authority and media to try to get some attention on it and hopefully improve the situation.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5KTTS8M

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

As the title implies, I want to collect some data regarding road hogging. Please help to take the short 5 MCQ survey.

If you have already done the survey here or from another forum, please do not do it again. I am using the free Survey Monkey so it is limited to 100 users.

If most of the road user feels that road hogging is an issue, I would like to submit this to the authority and media to try to get some attention on it and hopefully improve the situation.

Thanks

Done! Hogging is main cause of traffic jams!

• Praise 3

my humble opinion, road hogging can be as dangerous as speeding, more drivers should understand this.

The road hogger driver may think that he or she is a safe and obedient driver by not speeding/following speed limit or drive "carefully" but besides "blocking" faster traffic, it can cause other motorist to take evasive action eg overtake from left, tailgate (which is wrong yes)....potentially causing road rage/accident.

Please drive according to traffic flow and be aware of your surroundings (use rearview mirror regularly).

It is basic courtesy in giving way and we dont loose face either.

• Praise 5

Thanks

Submitted my responses.

Can you please tabulate and share the results?

• Praise 3

I will share the result when the survey reach the 100 users limit or when I close the survey.

my humble opinion, road hogging can be as dangerous as speeding, more drivers should understand this.

The road hogger driver may think that he or she is a safe and obedient driver by not speeding/following speed limit or drive "carefully" but besides "blocking" faster traffic, it can cause other motorist to take evasive action eg overtake from left, tailgate (which is wrong yes)....potentially causing road rage/accident.

Please drive according to traffic flow and be aware of your surroundings (use rearview mirror regularly).

It is basic courtesy in giving way and we dont loose face either.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=386680&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(2013_season)#Episode_207_.E2.80.93_.22Traffic_Tricks.22

Damn, cannot find the video for the Mythbuster clip.

(edited)

thank you for pointing that out but I am doing a survey on road hogging and not writing a book.

Please proofread the content before posting online. Got spelling mistake.

Edited by Addats
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the link. Will probably attached the link when I submit the result

Hopefully U will open a can of worms.

Q: Why hoggers (car) are staying in lane 1?

A: Because there are hoggers (truck/van) in lane 2.

Q: Why hoggers (truck/van) stayed in lane 2 even with 5 lanes on the expressway?

A: Because no law or no enforcements of slower vehicles keeping left.

When no enforcements, trucks/vans stayed in lane 2 forcing slower cars to stay in lane 1.

Then lane 1 became a faster lane for slower "fast" vehicles.

How many times you seen trucks/vans driving side by side in 2 lanes road well below the speed limits by 20km/hr obstructing faster vehicles?

To me, it's a daily event.

• Praise 4

This is the problem. If the authority is as on the ball for road hogging as they did for speeding, how much better our road can be?

Q: Why hoggers (truck/van) stayed in lane 2 even with 5 lanes on the expressway?

When no enforcements, trucks/vans stayed in lane 2 forcing slower cars to stay in lane 1.

How many times you seen trucks/vans driving side by side in 2 lanes road well below the speed limits by 20km/hr obstructing faster vehicles?

• Praise 1

It's an issue everywhere you go. No point getting upset over them. I wait for chances to overtake the hoggers. I take it as part of driving now.

Supercharged

Yes, that is the problem now...

Many slower cars hog in lane 1 are being "forced" to do that. And some of these cars aren't powerful enough to cruise at higher speed easily, and also due to speed limits too.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

This is the problem. If the authority is as on the ball for road hogging as they did for speeding, how much better our road can be?

It should be much better.... however everyday we still see these heavy vehicles in lane 2 (and lane 3 of course). But are the authorities taking any action on this so far..... [confused]

↡ Advertisement