Traffic accident at the junction of Sungei Road (23 Apr 14)

Hi Brothers & Sisters

Here seeking video for an accident that occurred on 23 Apr 14 (Wed), about 7pm at the junction of Sungei Road toward Ophir Road (near Sim Lim Square).

It's abour a black Toyota Rush knocking the rear right side of a silver Toyota Vios.

Understand that chances may be slim but really hope some good souls can help if you managed to capture the accident in your in-vehicle camera. Intend to submit the video to TP for their further investigation.

Thanks a million.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

wa lau....3months later then u report here.

maybe video already wash off.

wish u good luck

yeap , dont think anyone stores the videos daily ... you might be SOL already man ...

Hoping for others to offer their video footage from cameras that they paid for? Thank a million times also not as practical as spending your own money to install cameras in your own car to cover all 360 degrees.

Supercharged

3 months gap too long...

even 2 days gap may be too long since most won't have big enough memory card to store >1 day+ footage...

Turbocharged

Hoping for others to offer their video footage from cameras that they paid for? Thank a million times also not as practical as spending your own money to install cameras in your own car to cover all 360 degrees.

as a road user, i dont mind paying S$500 for a video footage to make the Insurance claim much more easier.

A video speaks a thousand words.

Twincharged

The accident happened 3 months ago. Now too late already. Even if the person has it on camera, it would have been written over by now.

Understand it could be very challenging now to get hold of the video but just have to try...

Driver of the black Toyota Rush ignored her insurer's requests to file the accident report & I was advised subsequently by the Accident Reporting Centre to seek TP's help. Just found out from TP couple days ago that they can investigate with the video evidence.

Actually, never expect such tactic can be used to avoid affecting own insurance premium, etc. Anyway, now only want to let this white youngster know how a responsible adult should behave! [shakehead]

Why need videos? You didn't take photos?

Usually only need video evidence in hit and run or situations where front hit front and can't tell who's wrong.

Seems like your case should be clear cut... no?

In an accident, even if you're at fault still must take photos in case the driver/workshop screw you over by changing the whole bumper even though its a small scratch. Trust no one.

Why need videos? You didn't take photos?

Usually only need video evidence in hit and run or situations where front hit front and can't tell who's wrong.

Seems like your case should be clear cut... no?

In an accident, even if you're at fault still must take photos in case the driver/workshop screw you over by changing the whole bumper even though its a small scratch. Trust no one.

If one is familiar with that junction, the traffic volume is quite high during peak hours. Moreover, she hit my rear right as I was about to cross the junction. So, I just couldn't simply stop to take photos - my car would end up in the junction with a jam building behind. Maybe a few more accidents with my stop too.

Well, the black Toyota Rush driver is the "accuser" type. Instead of being apologetic, she started to accuse me of cutting into her lane when we parked along Rocher Centre to inspect the damages. Ridiculous!!! Any experienced accident assessor/ loss adjuster would be able to determine from the damages of both cars, who is the culprit!

Turbocharged

If one is familiar with that junction, the traffic volume is quite high during peak hours. Moreover, she hit my rear right as I was about to cross the junction. So, I just couldn't simply stop to take photos - my car would end up in the junction with a jam building behind. Maybe a few more accidents with my stop too.

Well, the black Toyota Rush driver is the "accuser" type. Instead of being apologetic, she started to accuse me of cutting into her lane when we parked along Rocher Centre to inspect the damages. Ridiculous!!! Any experienced accident assessor/ loss adjuster would be able to determine from the damages of both cars, who is the culprit!

Wow. We are symphathetic with your predicament. Such unreasonable drivers are all the rage nowadays. But I speak on behalf of all the regulars on this forum, the most pressing question is "Chio or not?" And if got picture, better. Thanks. Hope you get your video.

No matter if traffic is high or not, it only takes one more minute to take a few photos after exchanging particulars. Yes it will cause a bit of jam, but don't think this will cause more accidents, you think too much (lol).

Even if the other driver is apologetic, he/she may turn around and accuse you after his 'friends' teach him what to say. Since the driver is the accuser type, all the more you should get more evidence.

As of now, I think you are still in the advantage because the rear of your car is hit and the other party failed to make a report. Only problem is that this will drag for some time I think.

All the best for your claims, and hope you learn from this.

Also, get a car cam.

Wow. We are symphathetic with your predicament. Such unreasonable drivers are all the rage nowadays. But I speak on behalf of all the regulars on this forum, the most pressing question is "Chio or not?" And if got picture, better. Thanks. Hope you get your video.

If got no photo of the accident but got photo of the girl, really something is wrong..! [smash]

↡ Advertisement