Digital Photo Storage

Hiphiphoray

(edited)

i only shoot raw [grin]

who doesn't? :huh::huh:

got people shoot blank?

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 2

Best to get a NAS with at least 2 HDD running RAID mirroring each other so that if one dies, you still have another. I have a NAS with 4x4TB to store the photos so probability of dying should be quite low.

Erm u have to be careful NOT to assume. Go read up about RAID and larger disk sizes. The probability of failure on rebuilding the system when one drive fails is actually not low).

• Praise 1

Best to get a NAS with at least 2 HDD running RAID mirroring each other so that if one dies, you still have another. I have a NAS with 4x4TB to store the photos so probability of dying should be quite low.

You must have a lot of rations like bottled water & can food at home preparing for Dooms Day ... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Erm u have to be careful NOT to assume. Go read up about RAID and larger disk sizes. The probability of failure on rebuilding the system when one drive fails is actually not low).

Ya... Have to be careful. I changed a HDD before because it died. But on the whole, it is still safer as the data are duplicated in different discs.

Hypersonic

You must have a lot of rations like bottled water & can food at home preparing for Dooms Day ... [laugh]

Haha... No lah. Just the digital prints are very valuable with some over 10 years already. If there're gone, can't find them back anymore.

• Praise 1

People of MCF........hear me out. [laugh]

How do you guys store your digital photos har ?

Portable HD ? DVD ? Desktop only ? Photobucket ?

Currently i have them stored half in a desktop and 1/2 in a laptop. No other backupz. [sweatdrop]

Recently, the laptop feels like wana upz lorry liao.....so im worried and want to transfer them out.

To where is the best ? And how many backup should be sufficient ?

Got a few thousand photos lor.......so file quite big!

got a few ways.

personally i use dropbox. take photo on hp auto upload.

if you using sony hp. they have a unlimited online storage called playmemories.

other free online storage is to use google+

good is that it auto uploads. so don't need to keep backing up.

• Praise 2

Hmmm i think RAW/DRG easier/more accurate to control white balance/colors lah. So i just shoot RAW then import as DRG lor (since DRG can eliminate the extra JPG preview file to save space). I only crop and adjust color and exposure. No time to do more.

lol. U sure ur wife let u.

haha i consperm [grin]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1